Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats everyones thoughts about the door of the van closing as seen on the youtube sighting?
It also looks like someone is slouched in the front of the van...
My theory from this is that i think it could be Gabby in the front of the van already passed, and BL is in the back preparing himself to move her body or hiding in the back as he could hear or see another vehicle incoming. His thought may of been that if anyone does see Gabby in the front of the van it will just look like she is sleeping?

I couldn't make out a person in either of the seats in the front. Certainly not on the passenger side.

Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Police drop cardboard boxes off at Laundrie home

North Port Police just dropped off what appears to be collapsed cardboard boxes at the front porch of the Laundrie home.

….

Gabby Petito disappearance: A timeline

Timeline/Map at link above

….

Brian Laundrie's whereabouts remain unknown, no search planned in Florida

"At this time, we currently believe we have exhausted all avenues in searching of the grounds there," North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said. "Law enforcement agencies continue to search for Brian Laundrie."

I think most people feel that way. The only thing I can think of, barring pure evil, is that they felt their son was in crisis (mental health?) and thought they were doing the right thing. By now, however, I think they've had a huge reality check and their eyes this morning show their fear.

Some people just believe their children are above accountability. My ex’s parents are exactly the sort who will never hold their son (who is diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder) accountable for his actions. It will always be someone else’s fault. I’m sure they believe Gabby instigated whatever fight led to her death. It’s possible they don’t think he should be in trouble because as my ex MIL likes to say when her son gets arrested, “well, everyone makes mistakes.”

If your son comes home to you and tells you, "I think I may have killed my fiancee..." what are the next logical steps? If you've seen any TV crime show, first maybe call a lawyer? ok, check. Then if you were a person with average ethics, you'd probably expect your son to do the right thing and give yourself up to the police, perhaps through your lawyer. Let's just say even he is ready to do so.

Is there any chance that at that point the lawyer says to you, "now, wait. No one is after you and you don't need to say anything. In fact, don't say anything at all until THEY come knocking on your door! KEEP QUIET."

Would that be considered good legal counsel or bad? At the end of the day, certainly it's your decision, not the lawyers. But if that's what you were told, how much more difficult would the decision be to push forward and talk anyway?

I only say this because I see people not make their own decisions all the time in healthcare. They just do surgeries and tests and take medication the doctor told them to and it never once occurs to them to even get a second opinion. And in the end when something goes wrong, they're told, YOU made that decision.

*Hypothetical question only. Not saying this is what happened at all. I am clear on what I will do but I still hope to God I will never ever have to be in this situation.

There's a thing called an "attorney proffer" that we use a lot in federal criminal cases. Essentially, a lawyer goes in to speak to the FBI and federal prosecutor and goes over what information their client may be able to provide if their client does decide to talk to LE. The attorney's comments are off the record essentially and it can help negotiate either immunity (if for a witness), a plea offer, or at least get the parties on the same page as to where they are. I have had cases where in response, the feds say they consider my client a witness and the information presented would not change that status. If you get to that point, you can ask for immunity for where your client essentially gets immunity for the statement they give.

The feds obviously are not going to give immunity to a murder suspect, but if you go in and explain that a tragic accident occurred, the feds will consider that and see if their information matches what you are disclosing. If the feds say thank you but no thank you, your client did not disclose the information so it isn't used against them.

The whole process is very delicate. If the facts are very, very bad, then maybe this isn't the way to go because you know you are not going to get anywhere with it. But for any theory that this was an accident or misunderstanding, the time to address that would have been last week when you can negotiate some type of deal. Now that they have her body, he has no leverage in what he can provide them IMO. And then running away... it's not great.

Maybe the poor guy doesn't know anyone's out looking for him? Maybe we should cut him a break?

Just adding some levity.

You bring up an excellent point: it takes a considerable amount of time to strangle someone to death. Ppl often think it takes like 30 seconds, because they saw it on TV. I agree it was a probable strangulation, combined with blunt force trauma.

I also think they'll haul him in alive before the end of the week. Imo the Laundie clan isn't the brightest porchlight on the block. It a matter of time.

FBI arrived at 9:40am.

I would be terrified beyond my ability to walk.

I believe Brian strangled Gabby and it was NO accident. It takes some time, possibly 7 - 15 minutes, in order to strangle a healthy person. Hence, he had time to change his mind. That's called Premeditated Murder.

There's no empathy from his parents. None. Perhaps they will be proven to have helped their child to avert law enforcement authorities. If so, may they see the full impact of the laws applied.

jmvoho
#RIPSweetGabby

A question:

Her body was found across Spread Creek (wide rocky bed with multiple channels) from where the van was parked, right?

It seems that simply walking across the bed isn't easy (mud too soft? etc) because if it was easy to walk across, wouldn't LE/SAR have done that rather than go a different route that required horseback?

IF the above is a reasonable assumption (which it might not be -- maybe there were other reasons to use horses and go the route they did), then what are the likely ways BL and GP (alive or dead at the time) got across? If he dragged her, carried her, or chased her, there would be footprints in the mud, wouldn't there?

I'm having a hard time combining the apparent ease with which BL/GP ended up across the creekbed, with the apparent remoteness/difficulty LE/SAR had in getting there.

Thoughts?

How did the van get there?
I mean, this is a fair question, but BL's parents have already demonstrated (via the Mustang) that they're perfectly happy to move a vehicle on their son's behalf. It's equally possible, based on what we know and don't know right at this moment, that his parents moved the van to FL themselves while BL made himself scarce. I keep saying this but there is NO proof that anyone has laid eyes on BL in the state of Florida, or at all since his (alleged) hitchhiking adventure out west.

He could be anywhere.

I don't think he has left the country. Canada is a first world country that would happily arrest him if asked. Mexico is a great place to go if you are a Mexican citizen, but Mexico wouldn't hesitate to extradite an American citizen. This is also a guy who ran out of money travelling in the US in a van, and I don't see how he would get along in Mexico.

He is also a recent transplant to Florida so I doubt he has any real swamp survival skills. He is a van-lifer, not a survivalist.

Most likely he is hiking somewhere, and will do so until winter comes or his money runs out.

At this point, I suspect LE is watching his parent's bank accounts for any money transfers.

The Laundrie parents are claiming they brought the mustang back Thursday while there's video proof it was back Wednesday. Why would they lie about that?

I wondered that - they could have made a mistake from sleep deprivation when the days roll into one or could have brought it back around midnight? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But I suppose the reporters know what they saw and saw it Wednesday night

if you watch the video posted the poster does it in slow motion/different angles. very interesting to me. the front seat looks to be a pillow on the seat. it is worth watching if you have not seen the whole thing. link is in various posts earlier.

IMO only a few people knew the true BL. Those that had very close relationships to him. I think he was a real charmer and probably had the knack to schmooze people and get them to like him but deep down he had some other issues. I think that's why his parents didn't alert GP's parents because they knew deep down that BL could have hurt her and probably didn't even trust him themselves but felt some kind of weird obligation to help him get away.

Gregg Jarrett: Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito and the challenges of proving a murder

Whether law enforcement is officially calling him a suspect in Petito’s death is immaterial and nothing more than the parsing of legally-loaded vocabulary. Police and the FBI are certainly treating him as a suspect. And for good reason.

Presumptions of innocence aside, if Laundrie is found alive there is a very good chance that he will be criminally charged with her death. But it won’t be easy.

Proving a Murder

People who act guilty tend to be guilty. With that in mind, let’s consider what we know.

In-depth article continues at link above.

My ex next door neighbor that I used to live next to has a son, just recently turned 21. I firmly believe that if that son went on a trip with his gf (who currently lives with them) and came back without her, his dad would cover up for him. He thinks his son does no wrong (when he has seen him do wrong) and I just can’t fathom how anyone would cover up for their child especially during a murder. I know we don’t have 100% clarity yet on if it was murder but it sure means that way. If my child did this, I’d be pulling a Cindy Anthony and calling every cop I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa