Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me that is a bit uncomfortable with the villifying of people with such limited information? Have we gone so sideways that we just grasp for instant condemnation instead of assuming complete innocence (as indicated by law)?

I am a bit black and white, and realize this about myself. But why does silence indicate guilt? We know NOTHING about the relationship or dynamics between these families, except what we have heard from Gabby's side that includes her father ALWAYS calling Brian "Brianne", (his words from Dr Phil interview) and that the kids CHOSE to live with HIS parents. There is SO much we do not know, and thousands of possible dynamics. Is there no benefit of the doubt worth considering first? Sigh. Sorry...this may not be an appropriate post.

<modsnip>

Their soon-to-be daughter-in-law - who has lived in their small home with them for two years - never came back from her road trip. Her fiance and her car did return.

They didn't file a missing persons report stating that one of their household members was missing. They didn't notify her family that she hadn't returned even though her fiance and her van had come back. They didn't go searching for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the tent in the picture was erected over evidence and her body is under the blue blanket in the small bunch of trees being attended to by one of the investigators with grey slacks on.
If you want to see something really creepy blow up the pic and look to the right of the guy in the yellow slicker!

Nothing wrong with that perspective. I do wonder how many neighbors or others have chosen not to speak to the media.
Whether they saw him or not, I feel there is a lot of effort and manpower going into the current search location. This gives me reason to believe LE is basing this search on more information that we are aware of. Just a personal perspective and opinion.
My concern with just one neighbor coming forward is with all the media attention she could be looking for her 15 minutes of fame.

@kkuizon
Happening now: the family attorney for Gabby Petito has sent a letter to the attorney of Brian Laundrie’s family asking for them to remove photos of Gabby from his Yelp page.
@fox13news
#gabbypetito
https://twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1440710958234566664/photo/1
E_5u-rOVcAwGkZZ

I talked about this a little yesterday here - the AT is a highly popular trail. If someone was fleeing and trying to evade the feds...the AT is not the place to go.

Edit: This is just an opinion from someone that lives in EKY.
I agree. Someone asked about the Appalachian Trail, and my point was that it's not an easy place to survive either. There are many more remote mountain wilderness areas where he could go, however, in N. Georgia and N. Carolina, and cabins where he could hide - if he was like Eric Rudolph. But I honestly doubt that, too.

I think he is still in Florida hiding near Mommy and Daddy in case he needs more funds. He is probably in a house or apartment laying low. He hasn't gone to Mexico or especially Cuba - that just seems really far-fetched. This is a spoiled young guy. He ran home twice while supposedly living the "van life." Florida is his comfort zone.

I have a feeling they’ve found and are about to recover a body.

But it won’t be his.

I kinda hope he offs himself and here is why: how are they going to prove he murdered her? He will get the best criminal defense attorney ( the publicity for the attorney will be worth not getting compensated)- and the defense will be this: we had an argument but when I left her there she was fine. Somebody else came along and killed her- how are they going to prove he did it? She was out in the elements so long there is probably no DNA that would be usable.

Is it just me that is a bit uncomfortable with the villifying of people with such limited information? Have we gone so sideways that we just grasp for instant condemnation instead of assuming complete innocence (as indicated by law)?

I am a bit black and white, and realize this about myself. But why does silence indicate guilt? We know NOTHING about the relationship or dynamics between these families, except what we have heard from Gabby's side that includes her father ALWAYS calling Brian "Brianne", (his words from Dr Phil interview) and that the kids CHOSE to live with HIS parents. There is SO much we do not know, and thousands of possible dynamics. Is there no benefit of the doubt worth considering first? Sigh. Sorry...this may not be an appropriate post.

I think it stems from a lack of compassion as evidence by not responding to GP's parents attempts to reach out, lawyering up, and also an apparent untruth about moving the car, and generally not cooperating with police until they wanted them to look for their son. Obviously none of that makes them necessarily guilty, but it definitely makes them unlikable and suspicious.

Respectfully, we do know that their son returned to their home sans GP in her van.
We know that GP's parents tried to contact BL's family to get information about their missing daughter and got no cooperation or answer.
They did not sound an alarm or talk to GP's family but only said something when BL went missing.
No, they didn't have anything to do with GP death but they sure didn't help themselves after it was known she went missing and that their son was a POI.
IMO.

His attorney said their family wasn’t going to assist and would “remain in the background” of the investigation. His attorney has never once issued any sort of statement protesting BL’s involvement or his parents’ obstruction. We know his parents misled police about his whereabouts for at least 3-4 days and made them think he was in their home. That’s enough for me to not give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes people say plenty without ever even opening their mouths.

OK, so the whole story his parents presented, about him going camping in the reserve wouldn't have been credible to anyone in the area, or even most Floridians? I wasn't sure how much of the doubt about veracity of that claim was particular to knowledgeable Websleuths members, vs. Florida society in general. I was just trying to get a broader perspective, thanks.

I disagree. While not personally familiar w Carlton Reserve, I am familiar w nearby Myakka & live in the region in similar preserve/reserve area. There are a great many avid outdoors people in FL. The state is full of preserved natural areas & folks love to take advantage of that. It’s why we build large communities among preserves.

I assume he mostly lived on granola, fruit, yogurt, chocolate, coupled with being on the road for a month, I don’t think they cooked. He could have bulked up in the 2weeks (?) he was home in order to disguise himself, that is if he fled that Tuesday.

Agreed. Adding to your point, when you have been very restrictive with your diet and abruptly shift back to eating a lot of calories and food groups previously avoided, weight gain can be very fast.

Im under the same impression as you.

Cops find 'nothing of note' after possible Laundrie sighting

“The OCSO did its due diligence in response to this report and is wrapping up an extensive search that took place in this area to also include nearby farmlands and a search by drone,” the agency said. “No one — and nothing — of note was located.”

The agency said it doesn’t believe Laundrie has a relationship to anyone in the northwest Florida town, which is about 500 miles away from his home in North Port.

Florida sheriffs did 'extensive search' after trail cam caught potential Brian Laundrie sighting, but didn't find evidence it was him

A Florida sheriff's office said Tuesday that it conducted an "extensive search" after a person's trail camera captured a potential sighting of Gabby Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie - but investigators did not find any evidence that it was the missing man.

Police search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie continues - follow live

Police investigated trail cam footage that potentially captured an image of Brian Laundrie hiking, but determined there was no connection.
I was so mislead with these statements from the police regarding the trail cam guy. I assumed they found the guy, identified the guy, and have proof it's not BL!
Turns out, they didn't find the trail cam guy at all??? And that's what they mean by "not finding evidence"??
Maybe this will be clarified later. But I feel duped!

@kkuizon
Happening now: the family attorney for Gabby Petito has sent a letter to the attorney of Brian Laundrie’s family asking for them to remove photos of Gabby from his Yelp page.
@fox13news
#gabbypetito
E_5u-rOVcAwGkZZ

I have been pretty clear that I have no love for this guy but it looks like the photos were user submitted. (Like by reviewers, not by the attorney).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500