Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t begin to keep up w this fast moving thread so apologies if this is repeated info.

Fox13 Tampa Bay just reported dive teams have been called to the Reserve.

Dive teams are used often in this area & may simply be there to rule out something rather than that BL has actually been located.

I assume he mostly lived on granola, fruit, yogurt, chocolate, coupled with being on the road for a month, I don’t think they cooked. He could have bulked up in the 2weeks (?) he was home in order to disguise himself, that is if he fled that Tuesday.

Maybe, but that would be a lot of weight to gain in 2 weeks or so. He looks extremely underweight in the police footage. But I guess it’s probably easier to gain rapidly when you’re that thin.

I think the answer from MSM was Gabby saved working as a pharmacy tech to take the trip. I am sure the Banks of Mom and Dad chipped in.

Not sure you saw the People's Magazine article, it said they both saved up for the trip. And per Gabby's father they had taken a previous cross country trip before. So maybe this had been 4-5 months of traveling...also the friends that had known the said they were very surprised by the turn of events.

Okay just because one witness has a more detailed description, doesn't mean the other witness' report isn't valid.

As people we're all different. Some memorize details really well, while other are more straightforward and will only relay the most important information.

I think both witness reports matter and I think they paint the whole picture.

MOO - Gabby and BL are fighting. He starts slapping her. They run up and down the sidewalk. She could be chasing him if he has the keys and the phone. He continues to hit her. They end up at the van and "hop in". What "hop in" is, is him getting in the passenger seat and her trying to get her things or get inside so he doesn't leave her. They fight some more, she pushes him to get inside. And "hop" they are in the van driving off.

It is clear to me that one witness only shared the most important bits, probably in an effort to get the LE involved as fast as possible and get them on their way to help her. BL hit Gabby, then they got in the van and now they are gone, driving down Main St (iirc). That's all the police need to go after them in that moment.

I don't understand why for some people one witness is more credible then the other. Interestingly so, you are trying to ignore the very clear message that "the gentleman was slapping the girl". YOU DON'T SLAP YOUR GIRLFRIEND. YOU DON'T HIT HER. YOU DON'T TAKE HER PHONE. Her possibly hitting back or pushing him away from her (which is how I think he got the marks on his face, IMO he was holding her by the neck and she was trying to get him to let go), to either help herself or get HER things isn't her abusing him. He abused her, evidently in more ways than one. Victims can strike back, it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

AGREED.
Even if he NEVER assaulted her threatening or taking her phone away and her van kets is ABUSE.
That alone is controlling abusive behavior. It's her property he has no right to steal them away threaten to take them and abandon her. He is a .
It's sad when society thinks it's ok to treat people like utter crap and it's not abuse. It's 2021 why are we still blaming a murder victim?

In my respectful and honest opinion and if time allows, please consider visiting all of the threads.
Some really great work has been done, so please go through that with your observation and check back :)

and with days without new information it tends to go down this road a bit aaaand there are a lot of new members due to the popularity of this case and that can change tone a bit (although the Mods have been superstars).
"In my respectful and honest opinion and if time allows, please consider visiting all of the threads."

This is why I specified and limited my opinion to this specific event. I noticed my comment which you're responding to has been deleted, I have no idea why other than perhaps, it was considered wild speculation. LOL

Maybe, but that would be a lot of weight to gain in 2 weeks or so. He looks extremely underweight in the police footage. But I guess it’s probably easier to gain rapidly when you’re that thin.

Keep in mind we haven't seen videos/photos of him since Aug. 12, more than 40 days ago and 30 days before he went "missing."

100%. He is out there and his parents know where. He is not in that swamp. I really hope his parents are held accountable for not only the assistance they provided their killer son but also for the risk they’re putting LE in while they’re out searching for their son in such a treacherous place, most likely with their guidance.
BL is a horrible individual, and his parents are right up there with him.
<modsnip>
I am a bit black and white, and realize this about myself. But why does silence indicate guilt? We know NOTHING about the relationship or dynamics between these families, except what we have heard from Gabby's side that includes her father ALWAYS calling Brian "Brianne", (his words from Dr Phil interview) and that the kids CHOSE to live with HIS parents. There is SO much we do not know, and thousands of possible dynamics. Is there no benefit of the doubt worth considering first? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier, Gabby Petito’s uncle, Steve, spoke out against the law firm representing Brian Laundrie’s family, saying "we don’t require nor want your empathy" and "by you trying to show compassion here at this moment is beyond disgusting."

"As far as the law is concerned this law firm may be immune due to attorney/client privilege," Steve Petito wrote on his Instagram page.

"But in the eyes of the public you are as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up and stalling tactic," he wrote, without elaborating.

North Port Police public information officer Josh Taylor has told Fox News that cadaver dogs have been used "the whole time" in the search for Laundrie there, while investigators also are using sonar to check large bodies of water in the sprawling, rugged terrain.
Laundrie attorney says Brian's 'missing,' as Gabby Petito's uncle rips lawyer
Is it normal for the NPPD to answer questions like this when the FBI has the lead on the investigation and hunt for Laundrie? Or is the FBI the lead on only the Gabby portion? Thoughts?

@MaliqueRankin
·
CONFIRMED FROM @NorthPortPolice: Divers with an underwater recovery team have been called to the Carlton Nature Preserve. I’m told not to read too far into this news

"In my respectful and honest opinion and if time allows, please consider visiting all of the threads."

This is why I specified and limited my opinion to this specific event. I noticed my comment which you're responding to has been deleted, I have no idea why other than perhaps, it was considered wild speculation. LOL

Thank you. It was modsnipped so I reworded :) No speculation was included, not my first rodeo. Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member