Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been disclosed already....
do we know whether this dive team is in the same area as where the helicopter was circling and concentrating on that particular are yesterday?

eta, lol same question just posed

Happening now: the family attorney for Gabby Petito has sent a letter to the attorney of Brian Laundrie’s family asking for them to remove photos of Gabby from his Yelp page.

they can't actually follow through on those threats right? it would depend on a lot of stuff, who owns the copyright for the photo seems to be the thing that comes to mind

but if the Laundre family lawyer is using photos of Gabby to promote his practice.. it seems pretty low

I dont think we should be so quick to discount the deer cam photo as authorities did not specifically say it wasnt him and his weight could easily have increased. In fact, I think it's one of the best ways he could disguise himself. The last photo we have of him is over a month old and he was living on melons. Living with the parents he could have quite easily put on 20-30 pounds in a month, especially if he was underweight from melon fasts.

I also wouldnt expect he'd dress like he usually does if he's on the run and trying to hide. Certainly would take some of his dad's clothes which could make him appear older as well.
I posted a couple times yesterday about that deer cam picture with no real interest generated.

The backpack looks similar to the one we see in the RV video.

To me, it's the best lead that has been made public.

If he is indeed trying to walk his way somewhere, I'd imagine he would currently look very similar to what we see in this trail cam shot.

If there's something in the picture that is a dead giveaway that it's NOT him, please share!

Is it just me that is a bit uncomfortable with the villifying of people with such limited information? Have we gone so sideways that we just grasp for instant condemnation instead of assuming complete innocence (as indicated by law)?

I am a bit black and white, and realize this about myself. But why does silence indicate guilt? We know NOTHING about the relationship or dynamics between these families, except what we have heard from Gabby's side that includes her father ALWAYS calling Brian "Brianne", (his words from Dr Phil interview) and that the kids CHOSE to live with HIS parents. There is SO much we do not know, and thousands of possible dynamics. Is there no benefit of the doubt worth considering first? Sigh. Sorry...this may not be an appropriate post.

I will leave the assuming innocent until proven guilty to a court of law: we are on a forum and we are here to express our opinions. My opinion is that he killed her. I believe they had an argument and he killed her in a rage. He came back from that trip ALONE WITH HER VAN- and refused to speak with the police. I make an assumption that if someone isn't talking- they are hiding something. If he was concerned about her or something benign occurred, why would he not talk to the police?

His attorney said their family wasn’t going to assist and would “remain in the background” of the investigation. His attorney has never once issued any sort of statement protesting BL’s involvement or his parents’ obstruction. We know his parents misled police about his whereabouts for at least 3-4 days and made them think he was in their home. That’s enough for me to not give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes people say plenty without ever even opening their mouths.
Respectfully, we do NOT know any of that. Those are assumptions. Just because we don't know, doesn't mean they haven't been completely transparent with the police and FBI....right?

Moo People are making statements that no one would hike in that park in the rain with all the mosquitos. Leaving aside that I have seen people happily hike in just those situations, we aren't talking about a rational person. We are talking about someone who allegedly murdered his fiance, tried to ignore that he did it, and is now coming face to face with the consequences if his actions. ANYTHING is possible.

Assuming BL has been in the reserve for 7+ days, I’m curious the health concerns that start to arise as you stay outside in an environment like that? The heat and more-so always being wet, feet especially.

they can't actually follow through on those threats right? it would depend on a lot of stuff, who owns the copyright for the photo seems to be the thing that comes to mind

but if the Laundre family lawyer is using photos of Gabby to promote his practice.. it seems pretty low

You need a registered copyright to file a lawsuit under the Copyright Act and I doubt Gabby copyrighted her photos. However, Gabby's family's lawyer may be able to make a claim under Gabby's "right of publicity" wherein her image and likeness is being used to promote a commercial interest without her permission.

I do think Yelp users uploaded these pictures to taunt the guy and he's not himself adding them to his website. Yelp should be able to take them down.

Attachments

• A8F8FC02-06E9-4472-97FC-3905DD30C76A.jpeg
    A8F8FC02-06E9-4472-97FC-3905DD30C76A.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 81
Did you catch this part of the article? Why did she state this? Was she ill-informed?

Authorities are also now looking for any possible connection between Gabby’s disappearance and the still-unsolved slaying of two women who were fatally shot at a campsite near Moab.
That article was 6 days ago.

Per MOD at the beggining of this thread.

"Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread".

I was so mislead with these statements from the police regarding the trail cam guy. I assumed they found the guy, identified the guy, and have proof it's not BL!
Turns out, they didn't find the trail cam guy at all??? And that's what they mean by "not finding evidence"??
Maybe this will be clarified later. But I feel duped!
I agree. One headline said the lead was "cleared", when in actuality they just didn't find any evidence BL was there.
To be "cleared" I'm expecting they talked to the guy and checked his ID, etc.

Bloodhound can pick up a days old human scent at a long distance. German Shepherds are one of the most common breeds employed in scent detection work and are praised for their keen sense of smell, focus, and determination. German Shepherds are also used in search and rescue efforts not just for cadaver.

A bit of info on cadaver dogs - Cadaver dogs are able to tell the difference between human remains and animal remains, which means they’ll know right away if the scent they’re picking up is from a person or from decomposing wildlife - they're trained to differentiate between types of decomposing flesh. Because they’re trained to pick up scents both on the ground and in the air, cadaver dogs can identify crime scenes even if the body has since been moved. Depending on the circumstances, they may also be able to lead search teams to where the body was relocated to. They can identify hundreds of different scents related to decomposition.
Cadaver dog actually alerted in the back yard of Caylee Anthony.

I do think Yelp users uploaded these pictures to taunt the guy and he's not himself adding them to his website. Yelp should be able to take them down.

ah that makes a lot more sense, what i was thinking it was like why would someone do that?

yeah i was thinking of the photographer and the monkey copyright case when i posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500