Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud. I wonder if the letter to the Laundries' attorney is strategic to force the hand of the parents to have to communicate with BL so he can remove the Yelp pics because surely the parents can't do it. Then again, BL is on the run as a POI so he's probably not very concerned with pictures on Yelp. MOO

Considering the way this seems to be trending, I think a murder prosecution is going to become a moot point. If so, it's going to be really disappointing.

I think the odds of him being dead are much higher than him being alive and on the run.
I think so too, and it's giving me a lot of anxiety. It feels like a race to find him alive. I can imagine how LE feels.

I so want Gabby's family to see that justice is served.

I think the FBI must be overwhelmed with tips of Brian sightings. I live in a town on a west coast highway and yesterday I saw a guy with a backpack who looked just like him. Same white ball cap. I did a double take and almost turned my car around to look again. It's a popular tourist area so not unusual to see travelers with backpacks.
Agreed! For us we are very overcrowded in the summer and it dies down immensely after Labor Day (thankfully! lol)
That being said, he looks like 100s of other 20 year olds on LI so that could definitely make things more difficult

Exactly, the trail is very popular, he would be spotted there.

But would he be recognized? Baseball cap and sunglasses...and he's transformed into "every person." He's a longer. As long as he avoids camping alongside others and having conversations without his hat and sunglasses, he'll be hard to recognize out on the trail (where many people won't be following the case, although certainly the trail angels will be on the lookout for him).

He has dyed his hair before (looks like he did it himself). He could also change his eyebrows easily. He'd also need to wear gloves to hide his finger tattoo, although it's small enough that a bandaid would work. I wonder if there will ever be a BOLO for him? It's very strange that they're so convinced he's in that swamp. I'm not so convinced, at all.

Another way he can hide the finger tattoo is by carrying his backpack differently - as seen in that one photo. Whether that guy was him, or not, he certainly wasn't showing his fingers.

Oh, and I'll add climbing experience to his list of skills.

On WFLA, while they speak of wildlife in that murky water, particularly alligators, I'm wondering whether the divers have any means of protection, particular weapons or whatever, while they are underwater.

I hope so too. It would really suck if a diver was injured or killed while looking for someone who may or may not even be there

I believe it was Daily Mail (if anyone has the link - one of the mods posted it last night ) that posted a video of a reporter walking from where the van was to the cross. It gives you a really good idea of the little foot bridge BL (and I believe GP was alive when they walked out there but that's just MOO ) had to cross and how far it is (and also where the trees are, tent would have been, etc).

yes,I posted that…

Is it a federal search warrant or a state / County where they live - or do we even know? It took awhile to release the "Van" search warrant - so my guess is about that same amount of time?
JMO
The first search warrant issued for the electronic devices found in the van, etc. was a state search warrant and was released. After her body was found in a national park (which is federal land) the FBI took over the investigation and the next day they searched the parents house. I believe this is a federal investigation now and we probably won’t get to see the docs.

Here is a fact for you.
The reporter Brian Entin, as well as the photographer for the DM have documented that The Laundries mustang was gone on Tuesday and back on Wednesday. The North Port police were called to the Laundries on Friday and told that Brian had left for the reserve on Tuesday and the parents brought the Mustang home Wed. The lawyer later released a statement claiming that the Mustang was returned on Thursday. It was a lie based on factual evidence. (All available in the media thread).
Here is another. The Laundries called LE to report Brian missing on Friday. Later this week, the lawyer attempted to claim, that they had actually reported he was missing on Tuesday. north Port LE say that there was no such report made to them. lie.
No, this lawyer and this family are not even meeting the basic criteria of telling the truth. Instead, they are changing stories to influence the public when they are criticized for their actions.

Please forgive my typos I am on a bad connection on my phone
Source for Laundrie lawyer’s official statement claiming the mustang was returned Thursday?

EBM:

sorry, deleted my original response bc of brain fog…the Bethunes said in their video that the only reason they have the video to begin with was because the husband forgot and left the GoPro on. It was just providence that they have the video to begin with.
JMO
Thanks for clarifying! I had wondered as well.

I have to tell you guys... I'm really freaking sad and can't stop crying for Gabby and her family. I've never been this affected by a case before. I've been consumed and saddened before, but not saddened to the point of tears for someone I don't even know. I hope her family gets justice.

When you watch the full video, he explains that he has two cameras - one facing the road and one facing him while he is driving - because their viewers seem to enjoy that setup. He realized at some point when they turned around at the end of the camp ground and no spots were found back there, that he was recording and turned the cameras off. So you're seeing only one direction of driving (them entering the camp ground), but two different camera views.

Thanks! explained here:

Would the coroner have put that as "accident" or "undetermined" and not homicide?
Like they are going to know he chased her? He doesn’t have to say ANYTHING. If it’s possible she fell, and killed her self, he walks.
But the autopsy indicates that this is homicide so she didn’t just fall and die that way. Homicide means someone killed her.

I just want to thank the people that are posting factual info. Of course, some people are very emotional about a case like this due to personal experience or personality - understandable. However, I love the facts, the legal info., the way the police/agents/agencies/lawyers all function to solve crimes, prosecute if necessary, and keep everyone's rights in mind. Thank you to those that bring in reality checks!!

https://twitter.com/heraldtribune/status/1440737741273063430?s=21

If #BrianLaundrie actually is deep in the #Florida wilderness, a survival expert in Sarasota said that by now, he's either dead or in very bad shape.

Brian Laundrie 'living in hell' if he's indeed in Carlton Reserve, survival expert says
18d56b29-a7f9-4c2d-89ff-7ec17850fa9d-SAR-092021_SUNDAY_SEARCH_01.jpg

Search Continued on Sunday for Brian Laundrie
DEREK GILLIAM | SARASOTA HERALD-TRIBUNE | 51 minutes ago

NORTH PORT — Alligators, black bears, clouds of gnawing insects. Two different types of rattlesnakes. Coyotes, bobcats and panthers. Everything is wet, almost nothing is edible, and safe drinking water is nowhere to be found.

<modsnip> Wasn’t the last time we saw them when they were being put in the FBI van?

I’m amazed that BL managed to leave the home with the press camped outside. How didn’t the media spot him leaving, especially in his mustang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa