Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
A camper offers ample room for stowing food, necessities, and no one thinks anything when its owners take it for weekend trip.

This is just a theory, but a person could (conceivably) take a lot of provisions somewhere and then fake another person going into a swamp. Meanwhile, said person could have made his way tot the hidey-hole with all the provisions. JMOO
But why not just throw the “provisions” into the flatbed? Why get a camper if it’s not for lodging of the absconder?

Saw another poster say that 2017 was before GP and BL started dating. So where are his ex girlfriends? Odd that none are speaking?
Not odd if he Gabby was his first girlfriend.
My sense is that BL is no social butterfly. He may have been mild-mannered and slightly nerdy growing up—maybe that guy who doesn’t really talk much, so no one really pays any attention to him.

Hope we get a picture of Gabby... from this mexican restaurant or that area on 8/27 since we have doubts about the 8/27 texts.
not that they need to be with the van but if the van was at spread creek on the 26th seen by a van lifer and on
8/27 on video by another RVer....they would have to leave and return and be lucky enough to get a spot there... and actually the same spot as the other van lifer saw the van there for several days looking vacant.
Having no clear memory either... hope we heard or see footage of GP at the Mexican restaurant to confirm this sighting
I think the van life woman who was driving behind their van and saw it “park” in the same spot as the YouTube RV family recorded, mentioned that it wasn’t a designated spot allowed by the NP service for camping and she was fully expecting it to be removed. That might be the reason he was able to return to that particular (familiar) spot. Just my thoughts on how he was “lucky” to get the same spot.

If you check his Pinterest, there are saved pins of embroidered items, like skeleton hands with a knife, another of a woman standing, covered in leaves carrying a skull on her shoulder and another pin of a Sasquatch like creature killing an alligator with a knife. He must have been into embroidery and felted crafts? Sadly, my theory is Gabby was stabbed, and that he will be found hanging from a tree deep in the Florida swamp. MOO
Two tuff ways to die, and only one was unearned...

So BL flies to FL to move their stuff into storage from Aug. 17 - Aug. 23,

Move GP's stuff or stuff belonging to both? This tells me BL's parents wanted GP or both of them out of the house...like after this trip, you guys need to find another place to live
Something was up for sure. I can’t believe they would need it moved so badly that he would fly home . They were traveling across county it seems . And then oh I got to fly home to move stuff to storage. Very strange imo.

A camper offers ample room for stowing food, necessities, and no one thinks anything when its owners take it for weekend trip.

This is just a theory, but a person could (conceivably) take a lot of provisions somewhere and then fake another person going into a swamp. Meanwhile, said person could have made his way tot the hidey-hole with all the provisions. JMOO

Agreed. And considering no one saw him go to the preserve and all we have is the parents' story of what happened, it would be just as easy for him to slip out and the parents drop the car off and then go pick it back up. That is a part of what I don't understand either. If I went and dropped my adult kid off to go spend some time in nature and expected them to return, I certainly wouldn't take the car leaving them stranded. And that also leads me to another question - do people go spend days in the preserve regularly and if so, why would he have to tow his car?

I’m just curious but why would they necessarily bother making sure they recorded a random van that they had already seen when they came in? It’s incredibly impressive they had the footage at all, I don’t understand why we expect that people driving by a van that they didn’t recognize would video it from multiple angles? JMO.

If I'm not mistaken, the Bethunes said that they forgot to even turn off that front facing camera.

It certainly sounds like it. I wonder how common it is for someone to have that level of anger and outbursts without a history of similar incidents? Outside of his parents being quiet, he has no friends who have been talking to media about what he was like (or, at least not that I've seen) or no one vouching for him at all. He has no advocates. There's no long-term social media presence for his which seems odd for a kid his age. Just odd.

There was an article posted here yesterday from a high school friend who had nice things to say about him and some people are not fans of social media, no matter their age.

That doesn’t point to premeditation at all, IMO. Millions of people have arguments with SO, have problem with restaurant bill. Manager didn’t even remember it. Not OG note at all to Restaurant. That DV was on film with a report is evidence that the couple were having serious issues. Not like such DV reports that common, but still not at level that charges pressed. LE would be inundated beyond capacity if all such events booked.

LE is working on timeline as to exactly when she died. Perhaps meal from that restaurant will come into play. If she is positively IDed as being there at a given time, and meal can be matched, it can help.
People are really short tempered in restaurants these days. There are supply shortages making the menu items arent available and also staff shortages so service is slow and there have been a lot of customer incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus