Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone see someone walking in the thermal imaging (lower right corner) @ timestamp 1:03 of this news segment — or have i officially gone mad with paranoia (sorry if this has already been posted).

I very much see someone walking? Could it just be an animal? Or do you see nothing?
I didn't see it, sorry.

If the neighbors account is accurate, this spontaneous camper shell camping trip the Laundries took would have probably been on Sept. 10th, 11th, and 12th. Gabby was reported missing on the 11th. According to the timeline (on page 1 of this thread), the van was seized from their home on the 11th also. So they weren’t home when this happened??? Is that right?

* The dates I’m using are based on the neighbors estimate of when the trip occurred. These are not confirmed dates.

I understand. You have raised your children in a different time than we did hours. That's all I feel I should say since we have very different ideas.

As far as their jobs, Gabby had worked just recently at a new job saving for her trip. I haven't seen where Brian worked.

We all love the idea of a couple going out and traveling the country. Gabby was apparently ready. Her car, her money. As for Brian, seems to me he was depending on her. Her van, her life, her money.

And when he returns home in HER van, he is back to mom and dad's with them feeding him and paying his rent. Something wrong with that picture.

I am surprised that their first priority wasn't to save to get out from under his parents care.

In any case, i hope they find Brian soon.
They both worked at Publix!

That's interesting, because when Gabby's mother was interviewed recently she says that Gabby and Brian had broken off their engagement. Her mother, Nichole Schmidt, says they both felt they were too young. She added, "they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend."( This was in the NYPost)
Actually it was the opposite: “Brian and Gabby came to Rustic Row. They told me they were traveling from Florida. They had just been to Teton Park and they said they were interested in going to Yellowstone and I told them they could go to the west entrance. They seemed happy and when they left, she hollered back from the door that they were engaged and then I said congratulations,” the owner says.

Why would they leave, then return to exactly that same unusual spot? If they were gone for several hours, you'd think someone else would have parked near there, like across the road. The gal with dog saw him, alone, the evening of the 26th IIRC.

Because the actual camping area (which is huge) is much less prone to mosquitoes and is much more scenic? That space has no view of the Tetons - most people don't want a space like that. Indeed, several have commented in SM that "it's not really a campsite, it's a parking space." It's not near the pit toilets, it's prone to having traffic/gas fumes. No one wants that site - and we've parked in sites like that for one night, hoping to get a better one the next day. However, if the campground area is packed (as has been reported) and/or rowdy, we will happily go back to a site like that one, just to have a place to sleep. It's possible they put up their tent just beyond the road sight line - very common, in which case, when they are gone, most people would not take that space.

I find that very few people want to park on entry roads into campgrounds and prefer being closer to amenities.

Could have been the Labor Day weekend with the parents planning a camping trip anyways (like so many other folks do during that time) and now the child just adding along since he returned early. However, I also think there could be more to that.

<My boys are 20 and 23 .. . the very last thing they would be interested in would be a camping trip with me (when they had just returned from camping), unless there was something in it for them. They would much rather have my house to them selves and throw a kegga in my absence.

I just don't see it. 3 days camping trips are not usually impromptu, and I think if i were BL's parent, i'd say 'let's invite GL along'. Which is something else that mystifies me, if BL came back alone in the van, and isn't going to need it, as there were a few cars he used, why not return the van to her parents? There are layers of mystery in this whole thing, and every-time I think there's nothing else to think about, there is.

We haven't heard about that 6-day trip home in a while. At the time, it was said that they moved the stuff out of the storage unit to save money. As I noted back then, spending $200-ish on a flight and $500-ish on a hotel for Gabby had to cost more than two months of a storage unit (they planned to return in late October).
This is what I'm trying to figure out, too. So he supposedly flew home in order to clean up the storage unit at his house; meanwhile, Gabby was set up in a hotel during this time? What was the time frame?
This is all so confusing, and seems to make little sense.

How do you think Brian ended up on the lam? Who helped him do that?

That's why I said "before he went on the lam" in my original post. Parents providing support for young adult children like allowing them to live in their house while they save money (at one point both GP and BL were working at Publix––not sure for how long) is normal in this day and age, but helping evade LE is a whole different ball of wax. I'm not sure it's fair (or logical IMO) to assume that just because parents help support their adult child means those parents would help their adult child go on the run to evade a murder charge. That's a big leap, IMHO.

Easier to hide supplies plus they were gone for several days so they probably did sleep there, too.
For all we know, they loaded up the camper with all that he would need an took off to a safe house/safe location that they knew he could get to. Either by foot, bike (was that in the camper) or someone giving him a ride. They could have set him up with things to last a few months either in nature or a location that they knew wasn't being used. One of their properties is too obvious. I wonder if they have any friends that have rental properties that aren't used often, a place that someone is out of town for, maybe a snowbirds house that someone has not arrived for the season or someone who only comes down for the summer season?

ETA - clarified my last sentence

It certainly sounds like it. I wonder how common it is for someone to have that level of anger and outbursts without a history of similar incidents? Outside of his parents being quiet, he has no friends who have been talking to media about what he was like (or, at least not that I've seen) or no one vouching for him at all. He has no advocates. There's no long-term social media presence for his which seems odd for a kid his age. Just odd.
I've wondered the same. It seems to me we have GP's mom mentioning increasing tension in the relationship, an altercation on Aug. 16, weird behavior on the 26th, agitation on the 27th, a dead GP sometime soon after, and flighty behavior after that. It all sounds like someone spiraling, imo. Whatever triggered it (mental illness, drugs, etc), the outcome was tragic. His known behavior in the weeks prior to her death is concerning to me.

Pretty normal for a New Yorker, really.

Is it? I guess we got lucky. We did dine with friends at their local restaurants, where they were known and everyone was so friendly! We never witnessed any acting out in our three trips to NY.

I've seen it, but I still don't think the majority of people think it's "cool" or "normal." Maybe some New Yorkers do?

At any rate, Jackson, WY is decidedly not New York.

I'm curious if such behavior is common in FL and whether people think it's normative...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes