Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. I'm in Western New York State... but, I'll say that those, y'know, 'downstaters' have a "directness" not generally associated with the balance of the state. Many times, it's refreshing.

Let me just say that I live in the NYC area (closer to NYC than BL was when he lived on Long Island), and neither I nor any of my friends and associates act up in restaurants in any way. The idea that we are all rude and boorish jerks is quite annoying!

Not an influencer, but she lists herself as a "Digital Creator" and her links are to her online stores. I've heard sole-proprietors refer to Instagram as a "game changer," so I am still of the opinion that the quest for "clicks and eyeballs" can get intense. I'd be curious to know if the "exclusive" was given in exchange for a link to the page. It just seems odd for any story about this case to feature a link to a witnesses store. Again, maybe I'm out of touch with the modern world!

We can't sleuth witnesses so I'll tread very lightly (mods, please delete if not allowed) but she is a professional photographer according to the Fox News article and has a 'regular' job.

From what I've seen so far, she says she and her boyfriend were sitting next to Gabby/BL. If he came in and out 4 times and was yelling loudly, why doesn't she remember anything he said?

I am way behind, so I don’t know if the incident has been vetted further, but I wanted to add something that immediately came to mind with your last sentence.

About 3 weeks ago, we were in a restaurant and a customer became irate. He kept coming back in the restaurant yelling and we were seated right near where it was occurring. It was so disruptive Law Enforcement was called. I just tried to remember what he was saying, and I realized I can’t. I can only remember the event from a visual play by play.

Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27
Bethunes saw them around 6:30 on Aug 27.
I had the restaurant sighting time slightly off. So it's 4.5 - 5.5 hours
That better?
I wonder where Gabby was when the lady/dog saw him alone in the van on the 26th. You'd think at least she would be outside doing hand signals to help him into that spot.

And didn't, or wasn't there something about GP's dad having an altercation or incident on the 10th? I wonder if their dates are off a bit.
Not sure about that incident. I was just trying to guesstimate a time.

If this is legit, the restaurant will probably have to give all security footage to the FBI. The staff will be more than likely be questioned.

I thought the restaurant said it doesn't keep camera footage very long? I do think the staff will happily reveal what they know.

Agreed. And considering no one saw him go to the preserve and all we have is the parents' story of what happened, it would be just as easy for him to slip out and the parents drop the car off and then go pick it back up. That is a part of what I don't understand either. If I went and dropped my adult kid off to go spend some time in nature and expected them to return, I certainly wouldn't take the car leaving them stranded. And that also leads me to another question - do people go spend days in the preserve regularly and if so, why would he have to tow his car?

You might, if you went to check up on him and saw that police had left a notice indicating the car would be towed the next day, which is what MSM says happened. So they moved it.

I certainly would. He wouldn't be able to use it to get home and impound fees are not fun. I do think this indicates he probably has a phone or two.

Does anyone see someone walking in the thermal imaging (lower right corner) @ timestamp 1:03 of this news segment — or have i officially gone mad with paranoia (sorry if this has already been posted).

I very much see someone walking? Could it just be an animal? Or do you see nothing?

100% YES!! I see someone walking at the bottom of the shot.

Well spotted!

If the neighbors account is accurate, this spontaneous camper shell camping trip the Laundries took would have probably been on Sept. 10th, 11th, and 12th. Gabby was reported missing on the 11th. According to the timeline (on page 1 of this thread), the van was seized from their home on the 11th also. So they weren’t home when this happened??? Is that right?

* The dates I’m using are based on the neighbors estimate of when the trip occurred. These are not confirmed dates.
The parents answered the door on the 11th and gave LE the lawyer's info, so they were there that day. There's no evidence that BL was there that day that we know of, though. Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't.

Last edited:
I think that

I am thinking this too, but wasn't the other girl that spotted them on the same day said that he was driving very slow and it irritated her. Like he didn't know where he was going. He pulled over to the right finally and then she saw him move into the spot where the van was parked in the Bethune video. The girl said that he was alone or that there was no one in the front seat.

Here's an article. Graphic designer claims she alerted FBI to Spread Creek camp site where Gabby Petito's remains found | Daily Mail Online

She said she was '100 per cent certain' that it was him.

'He was very... kind of awkward and confused,' she said on TikTok.

'It was just him, there was no Gabby.'

Also...
'So I saw Brian Laundrie parking his van August 26 at Spread Creek.

'So I had already reported to the FBI what I had seen.

'And I wasn't 100 per cent sure, but now that there is dashcam footage of the van where I saw it, I'm 100 per cent certain that I did see him parking his van.

'And he was very kind of awkward and confused. And it was just him. There was no Gabby.

'But that's only because, as a van lifer, I was checking out their van and I was checking out to see if it was a couple or a solo dude.

This is what I'm trying to figure out, too. So he supposedly flew home in order to clean up the storage unit at his house; meanwhile, Gabby was set up in a hotel during this time? What was the time frame?
This is all so confusing, and seems to make little sense.
This is what I'm trying to figure out, too. So he supposedly flew home in order to clean up the storage unit at his house; meanwhile, Gabby was set up in a hotel during this time? What was the time frame?
This is all so confusing, and seems to make little sense.

LE will be able to verify that trip home. But since GP was clearly alive after he came back, it may not be that relevant. We don’t know why he returned home. Storage locker story not verified. Just a story out there. He might have come back for other reasons and storage locker part of what he did, …or not

I don’t think it’s him. The guy in the picture has larger arms.

I so agree. I'm an artist and an occasional portrait painter. I have studied portrait painting and anatomy. I have a degree in fine art. I don't think BL looks like the deer cam guy at all. BL's face is much less deep, more concave neck area, bigger nose, different slope to forehead. It would sure help if the cam photo was more clear, but the body is wrong too. Too stocky. Supposedly BL is only 5'8" which I find hard to believe. But it does not look like him at all, to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member