Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

Welcome Positano.

Do you know if any of his friends have searched for him around the immediate vicinity of the station?

I feel inclined to take a trip there to look myself, even to see if there are signs of someone having thrown up behind a tree, or to look behind walls and community wheelie bins etc, unless they've already pretty much covered it.

Also do you know if he knew the area?
A family friend said that back alleys and parking around Bow Station have been searched, but a fresh pair of Londoner’s eyes might be helpful IMO

Hi all,

thank you for your support and responses.

in regards to the relation with his friend, they are both from Positano, everybody knows each other in this little village, they are approx the same age and they seem to have lots of pictures together on social media. I assume the relation must have been of somewhat close friends.
I assume some of his friends ( a few of them from Positano in the same group ) have been looking for him nearby but I am not certain of this.
I also don’t know where he was moving to, but heard from somebody that it would have been one or two stops after Bow Road. that would have been one straight journey on the district line from Richmond.
I would love to join for the trip down there but I am too far and with childcare issues. :(
I will try to share this conversation with the family or someone close to them with all the suggestions.
Thank you again.

Hi all,
I have joined the websleuths just to find Antonino. I am from his same town in Italy and live in London. I know his family and want to help you guys here to help them. I will give you some more info which was shared on the Italian tv yesterday and was confirmed by his mother.
antonino lives in London for two years and together with his friend on the 16/09 they were moving houses. (From Richmond to somewhere else which I don’t know). They were on the tube travelling to the new home with all their lugguage and belongings. At Bow Road station Antonino says to his friend that he is not feeling well, he wants to be sick, needs to throw up, so they both get off the train. His friend waits for him on the platform with all the lugguage, whilst Antonino goes off looking for a bathroom. He’s seen by cctv at the station exiting the station and turning right. From the cctv footage it was clear he was unwell, his mum confirms. After 20 minutes waiting on the platform his friend starts calling him and alerts family and other friends they had in London. Since then he’s been missing. He was definitely wearing white t shirt, black trousers and orange Nike air max trainers, he was also carrying a black leather (I would say stylish) backpack with his documents and wallet. He was also wearing a ring on his little finger on his left hand. The ring is engraved with his name and a date (it was a wedding ring from his grandparents). He has various tattoos. He speaks English fluently after two years in London, also when he was 19 he went to Australia for 6 months.
One week before disappearing Antonino was taken to hospital because of an asthma attack where he had forgotten his pump at home. He was discharged straight away after given pump and being monitored.
I really don’t know what police are doing, but definitely not the same resources that they used for Richard okonogheye disappeared in Epping forest. I am so annoyed and concerned.
Please anybody here help!!!!
Thank you!

Welcome and thank you for joining. We all want to find Antonino. Please read all the posts because we have been discussing where we think he might have gone.

Sorry @Officer Dibble, I didn't answer this when you asked earlier because I figured it couldn't be him if he'd been seen turning right out of the tube station.

The CCTV grab I posted earlier is on Bow Road, about 150m to the west (left) of the tube station. This is it on google streetview: Google Maps
('My' man is in almost exactly the same spot as the cyclist on streetview.)

I'm minded to discount it now we know he didn't go that way, tbh, and equally I can't see that he'd be likely to end up on Wellington Way or in Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park, both of which would also require turning left.

If I retrace his footsteps on streetview as if turning right out of the tube station, the first thing I see is the newsagent's kiosk. In his shoes, with the area looking so unpromising, I think I would stick my head in and ask where the nearest toilet was, and I'm pretty sure the answer would be the magistrates' court a couple of yards further along (or perhaps he would have seen that without asking at the kiosk). If he was feeling so ill he was panicking, that might also be somewhere he'd expect to find help, probably even a first aider. So that would be my best guess of where he went initially. You would run into all sorts at the magistrates' court though, and that might have dictated what happened next.

Would there be CCTV in a court building? Streetview doesn't seem to show cameras on the exterior, which is a bit of a surprise tbh: Google Maps

Thank you.

Regarding the Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park, I'm not saying he went in the official gate - I'm trying to explain to people how easily you can climb over a small section of wall where it is heavily wooded by turning right out of the train station, first right and if you kept walking you would end up at this wall. A 6 foot man could get over that wall easily to go somewhere private to be really unwell (example if you had diarhorrea coming and didn't want to be embarrased in public - this wooded area would give you some privacy. It's just small section of wall but I think it needs searching. I gave the location last night and will go find it again and edit this and add it in but I cannot attach a map. I'm hoping someone else can attach a photo of it or a map).

Hi @Positano86.

My strong advice to you and Antonino's family is to approach anyone and everyone who might have CCTV in the area. If you have people in London, I would literally send them door to door to ask at businesses and private homes for security footage and to look for door cams, as much of that may well be overwritten by the time the police get around to asking. Also approach organisations that will only deal with the police, like Transport for London for bus cam footage (he was on the route for the 25 bus) and the magistrates' court on Bow Road. They won't share images with you but if you alert them to the likelihood of a police request it may help preserve the footage.

I pointed out in my post last night a CCTV camera near where i suspect he might have gone.

I can't put maps up so someone else please do so, but if you go onto Google Earth and go to the very end of Tidworth Road (close to the end of Wellington Way) you come to the section of wall as the side/rear of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park. At his height he could easily get over that wall. JMO MOO.

There is a building called Consul House on Tidworth Road (next to the arches with single steel doors)/ It has flats inside and has a security camera and outside lights. I wonder if LE have asked to view their footage? This is very close to the wall I keep referencing on edge of Cemetary park.

If you click on the link to Cemetery Park on google maps the photos show total mess in there amongst the very old graves. Totally overgrown. IMO this park needs a thorough search. JMO

The other thing is there are so many small businesses in the railway arches - many of which have metal shipping style storage containers outside too. (Tidworth Road and Eleanor Street). Could he be there somewhere? JMO MOO

Just posting this again as this contains the information I've been posting about this morning (the CCTV on the building and the small wall section with woodland in it (side or rear of park). Can anyone clever enough show a map of this or a photo of this.

I'm hoping this shows a photo of the wall I'm trying to point out with woodland behind. Google Maps

And here is another angle of it Google Maps.

There is a security camera on the building next to it! This needs checking before its wiped over. JMO

This is the very end of Tidworth Road. If you turned right from the train station then first right and kept walking you could end up here. There are buildings with CCTV (that I mentioned with details in my previous post) on this route so they could be checked. That wall is not difficult to get across if you needed privacy to be unwell. JMO MOO

@Positano86 please share this with the family.

Last edited:
Hi all,

thank you for your support and responses.

in regards to the relation with his friend, they are both from Positano, everybody knows each other in this little village, they are approx the same age and they seem to have lots of pictures together on social media. I assume the relation must have been of somewhat close friends.
I assume some of his friends ( a few of them from Positano in the same group ) have been looking for him nearby but I am not certain of this.
I also don’t know where he was moving to, but heard from somebody that it would have been one or two stops after Bow Road. that would have been one straight journey on the district line from Richmond.
I would love to join for the trip down there but I am too far and with childcare issues. :(
I will try to share this conversation with the family or someone close to them with all the suggestions.
Thank you again.
Last night CHLV said Antonino’s dad and brother are now in London. If they’ve organised private search parties in the Bow Station area, maybe someone from this group who lives not too far could join them?

I'm hoping this shows a photo of the wall I'm trying to point out with woodland behind. Google Maps

And here is another angle of it Google Maps.

There is a security camera on the building next to it! This needs checking before its wiped over. JMO

This is the very end of Tidworth Road. If you turned right from the train station then first right and kept walking you could end up here. There are buildings with CCTV (that I mentioned with details in my previous post) on this route so they could be checked. That wall is not difficult to get across if you needed privacy to be unwell. JMO MOO

I see where you're coming from now. Thanks for explaining! :)

Great to have you on board @Positano86 Could you communicate to family and friends who are looking for him in London the suggestions from members of this forum? There are some excellent people on here (not me unfortunately) who can find out all sorts through online maps etc. Plus Londoners and people familiar with the area.

It’s very helpful that you’ve been able to confirm what was said on Chi L’ha Visto last night.

Please keep us up to date if there are any news and feel free to PM me in Italian any time.
AcbMurders I am sure that you are also an excellent person on this discussion as even if you don't have the facility to share maps it may be just one idea of where he could have gone which others may not have even thought about.

I think so and the 'Three Mills' place would be in the wrong direction looking at further comments made about the cemetery area which is more likely than a random walk then falling into some water.

The area I've linked the maps to (did you have a look? It says Google Maps in blue writing and you can click on it to take you there) has a low wall into the side of the cemetery park with unkept/wild/messy woodland and the building next to it has CCTV as does another building next to that. Someone needs to check this CCTV before its wiped.

The area I've linked the maps to (did you have a look? It says Google Maps in blue writing and you can click on it to take you there) has a low wall into the side of the cemetery park with unkept/wild/messy woodland and the building next to it has CCTV as does another building next to that. Someone needs to check this CCTV before its wiped.
I was looking here as there is water he could have fallen into but your observation if he took a right turn is more credible so I will have a look now. upload_2021-9-23_10-50-15.png

I agree he could have climbed over the wall into the woods to be sick if he was feeling really embarrassed about being sick in a public place.

Sorry to ask a silly question, are we certain Antonino turned right out of the station? Wires are easily crossed with news reports, it could be his right as the direction of travel, or right if you're stood outside looking directly at the station.

It could be worth asking on the Yes Theory and Yes Theory London groups for search volunteers if you don't know many people in London to help search. I recently joined the Facebook groups, they're about saying yes and getting involved with things. There might be people willing to help search places. I live 200 miles away in Yorkshire, otherwise I'd volunteer my time.

I was looking here as there is water he could have fallen into but your observation if he took a right turn is more credible so I will have a look now. View attachment 314182[/QU
I agree he could have climbed over the wall into the woods to be sick if he was feeling really embarrassed about being sick in a public place.
Or more so to have diarhorrea where you need to take your trousers down for explosive situation. No one wants to do that in public.

Sorry to ask a silly question, are we certain Antonino turned right out of the station? Wires are easily crossed with news reports, it could be his right as the direction of travel, or right if you're stood outside looking directly at the station.

It could be worth asking on the Yes Theory and Yes Theory London groups for search volunteers if you don't know many people in London to help search. I recently joined the Facebook groups, they're about saying yes and getting involved with things. There might be people willing to help search places. I live 200 miles away in Yorkshire, otherwise I'd volunteer my time.
Yes if you read through the thread it was confirmed on TV last night in Italy that he turned right. I believe the mother confirmed this. There are two posts on here about it. One is by @AcbMurders and the other is by Positano86

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back