Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a really awesome timeline on page one of each thread where one of the posters, @oviedo, has made a great timeline. It was updated today too! Here's a copy of the section of the timeline that answers your question:

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - “No service in Yosemite”

August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify

SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone according to his parents, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
Gabbys Van enters at 10:26am Sept 1

Sept 2 -9: ?

Sept 2/3 or 9/10 - Neighbor spots BL outside mowing and bike ride with his Mom

Sept 2?-4?- neighbor says family went camping with the truck and camper for 3 days

SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Incident with Gabbys Dad -redacted police report Links her Dad to a police response at the home where his daughter lived with BL and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10.

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM

Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL -

Thanks, but this only covers the 10th that I already mentioned, this is where I got the 10th from

Possible locations they could be visiting in the area of where they parked:
  • FedEx drop box (150 N Orange Ave)
  • Law Office of Kenneth Gallagher, divorce attorney (250 N Orange Ave)
  • Morgan & Morgan, personal injury law (20 N Orange Ave)
  • Arwani Law Firm, divorce attorney (55 E Washington Ave)
  • Walsh Banks Law, business and real estate law (105 E Robinson St)
  • Insurance & Estate Strategies (111 N Orange Ave)
  • ACS Fire & Security (33 E Robinson St)
Criminal Defense Attorney Seth Hyman 37 N Orange Avenue

the Van was spotted coming into Northport at 10.26am on Sept 1. LE confirmed he was in NorthPort and neighbors reported seeing him - in the beginning we weren't even sure he was the driver of the Van until the neighbor reports came out.
Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone according to his parents, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
Gabbys Van enters at 10:26am Sept 1.

We've seen people in these forums take the bolded to mean that BL and his parents were not responding to calls from GP's parents on Sept. 1. I haven't been able to find any indication that this happened, until Sept. 10. This IS mentioned (below) in the timeline - but there is some confusion the way SEP 1 is written. To the best of anyone's knowledge there wasn't an investigation to be uncooperative about until Sept. 11 (though his family did retain an attorney before that).

SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Personally, I think by his own words and deeds, I think Brian was more of a loner. Needed a lot of downtime. Posts about autism, meditator, lone wilderness trips, and what he said to LE about needing to get away when they fight. That is why he tried to lock Gabby out of the van. By Gabby's own words, she became more agitated when Brian told her to "calm down". And she said she had a fear of being abandoned. She also was upset that Brian had lost confidence in her to make Vanlife work out for them through social media.

Yes, that's the exact feeling I got from all of this as well. His social media page shows him inside his own head alot. Introvert. With Rose stating how Gabby went home and slapped him after the ID incident, him being hit sounds like a regular occurrence. Gabby came off as someone who swings when she gets emotional. That's two incidents we heard now of Gabby swinging at him for this reason.

They seemed to be at the point where they were nitpicking at each other. With Gabby it was his confidence in her ability to create Nomadik Statik, and his overall messiness (sandy feet in van etc). With Brian, it appeared to be Gabby complaining alot (about how long they took at the coffee shop, her OCD, the anxious vibe she gave off and most likely her willingness to hit him. Both of their complaints can take it's toll on the other, being trapped together like that... and it came to a head in Moab.

The incident at the restaurant over a bill indicates to me that money was beginning to become an issue. Also Brian's lessening support over Inst, etc.

Agree with this also. They had to have her father uber eats them IIRC. When you're broke, not only does it add a mountain of stress to an already stressful situation, but any extra charge can cause an incident much bigger than your average person who doesn't struggle with money can understand. Especially if the money is refused to be returned (which I don't know if we know the details of that yet?).

And it seems odd to me where they pulled over the van at Spread Creek. No overly scenic place to take photos. I suspect they kept arguing over Brian's behavior at the restaurant, Brian pulled over and went for a walk to cool off, Gabby followed him they started arguing again, became physical and Gabby got killed.

That's what I saw the hitchhiking as as well.. I thought they must have got into it again, whether Gabby started swinging or not we don't know, but Brian left for a while and then came back thinking things had cooled down when they probably hadn't. Possible Gabby got even more mad that he left her there alone with a van she can't drive. Or he accidentally took the keys? Purposely took the keys? Can't say yet. I think you're on the right track though.

This is nothing like the Watt's story. There was no outside girl friend, he did not try to hide her body nor was there a pregnancy that we know of....

There's so many differences between the two cases it's sad that people are trying to compare them. It's only because they somewhat look alike to a certain degree, and they both had a GF who was killed. The similarities end there.

This is very helpful-so his parents cannot be charged for assisting BL, if they did?

This is a federal crime and federal law has no such provision - so yes, they could be charged. I don't think the FBI has taken any action against the Laundries yet - as there is no arrest warrant - yet.

But FL law does not apply to a federal crime. And there's a reason for the saying "Let's not make a federal case out of it," because federal cases are very different and penalties often more extensive than state level crime. The Laundries may think they are immune due to FL law, but @Alathea (a verified attorney who has posted in the past 24 hours on this topic) says that if it's a federal crime - FL's laws don't apply.

It's a federal crime because it happened on federal land, as far as we know right now. The body hiding certainly was on federal land, although the feds will make sure everything is surveyed properly to make sure of that. It looks to be well within the Bridger-Teton National Forest.

2 minutes in, she says "you see all the man power out there? whose going to pay for that? are tax payers paying for all this, whose paying for all this?" The reporter on the other end says that's not even a question right now.

I just felt it was a little tacky for her to bring that up. I understand people are frustrated this case has more media attention than others, but I trust in the FBI judgement on this. They want him off the streets for a reason, he has nothing left to lose.

It certainly is a valid question , MOO. There have been far worse cases without this kind of effort. What about that double murder in Moab? Whoever did that is running loose and may well be a huge danger to others, far more than BL even if he did kill Gabby.
It’s the public pressure and spotlight driving this effort and truly, every resource being used on this means something else is not being done

Personal Injury, not criminal.

I assume we will no for sure by this evening whether or not they have retained counsel, and hopefully they will release some kind of statement.

I remember there being a post about stickers being added to the van, but now I do NOT remember where or when I read it. Were stickers added before or after the traffic stop?

I too remember that. I remember it being less stickers before 8/27 and stickers added by the time van was back in FL on 9/1.

There is no proof she was pregnant. LE nor Gabby’s family have confirmed these reports so they are strong rumors/speculation/conspiracy.

Not trying to be rude to your post, sorry if it comes off that way ahead of time. IMO it’s really disrespectful to her family to keep spreading this at this point. If it does come out that she is, I’m sure her family will be the ones it comes from. Until then, I’m not entertaining these reports as facts. Media will do anything for ratings too, regardless of who they hurt in the process.
I agree with this 100%. Also, where is she going to go have a sonogram done in the middle of a several months-long road trip? And why would she put the picture on a log on the ground? it makes no sense. it's just disrespectful.

Parking downtown can be tough. I can say there are TONS of law offices downtown, TONS! Also, Orange County Government offices, Court House etc. If I had to guess (if I'm allowed to) I'd guess they were meeting with a lawyer.

23 South Osceola Ave, right around the corner. Oh no. I can't get this invested in a case again.

:eek:

There is no proof she was pregnant. LE nor Gabby’s family have confirmed these reports so they are strong rumors/speculation/conspiracy.

Not trying to be rude to your post, sorry if it comes off that way ahead of time. IMO it’s really disrespectful to her family to keep spreading this at this point. If it does come out that she is, I’m sure her family will be the ones it comes from. Until then, I’m not entertaining these reports as facts. Media will do anything for ratings too, regardless of who they hurt in the process.

Not sure what difference it would make at this point anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500