Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a dumb questions, but... Are tree tents something hikers use? I always thought they were just for hunting (unless I am confusing tree tents and tree stands).

Clearly I am not a hunter or hiker. :confused:
I looked them up … they do exist… I was thinking about those extreme adventurers that sleep on the side of a cliff when mountain climbing…..

I just know that no matter how desperate I was I would not be camping on the ground in that swamp….:eek::eek::eek:

This also made me think of it…..
There was a relatively local search where they had searched and searched, and years later the body was found close to home … but it was a suicide by hanging in a tree… and despite many searches no one saw it at the time….. very sad case..

IMO

Someone posted a pic of a tree tent the other day so it is a real thing & is maybe good for hiding ! I’m so far down the rabbit hole on this case that I’ve imagined him in waterproof human-size beach ball under swamp water that’s got like a snorkel up to the surface for air… which im pretty sure must not exist!
I'm just picturing those giant hamster ball things! If he's such a survivalist, maybe personalizing one to be submersible was part of what he spent all that money on!

So how long until Brian Entin writes a book about his experience on this case? Because this man is in deep and has been a cornerstone of this investigation. Maybe he can collaborate with JB.

He posted that News Nation will be producing a series about missing people, not limited to Gabby. I think that's great and they can bring a lot of attention to lesser-known stories. I really look forward to following.

I have a hard time believing that people who thought their son might hurt himself would 1) wait 3 days to report him missing and 2) go find the car he was driving and bring it back to their home prior to reporting him missing. These things don't make sense, IMHO.
They are the same people who wouldn’t answer phone calls from a frantic mom so I’m not surprised at anything they are doing- as I mentioned in the last thread the footage I saw of them in Orlando as compared to Gabbys’ mom at the press conference couldn’t be more different IMO - one moms daughter didn’t come home and one moms son did …..
JMO

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino says Brian left the house on Tuesday without his wallet or cell phone. He says the parents were concerned he might hurt himself.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1441510971957288960?s=20

Does this mean Brian's phone was at home during the FBI executed search warrant? Does LE have Brian's phone? Or did the Laundries get rid of it? If Brian's phone was NOT at the home when FBI Showed up then they are definitely looking forward to some type of charge I would think.

IMO

I would imagine that the police now have BL's phone. My previous post said they have been obtaining search warrants (plural) for data.

I can't imagine that the family's attorney volunteered that BL left his phone at home without the police getting a search warrant for that phone.

This might have been posted on the last thread before all the excitement at the home. Here’s what LE is saying about the search:

https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1441513290316730369?s=21
From @NorthPortPolice major ground search at Carlton Reserve has wrapped up for the night. Searchers will be back out throughout the weekend “focusing on areas of more likelihood across the reserve.” #BrianLaundrie

https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1441519516446384131?s=21
I asked what they’re referring to by ‘likelihood’ This is what I’m told by police reps: “Instead of a blanket search, focusing on areas like ponds.” @mysuncoast #BrianLaundrie #CarltonReserve

Someone posted a pic of a tree tent the other day so it is a real thing & is maybe good for hiding ! I’m so far down the rabbit hole on this case that I’ve imagined him in waterproof human-size beach ball under swamp water that’s got like a snorkel up to the surface for air… which im pretty sure must not exist!
Do you need air or rescuing down there? :)
Enjoy the trip, 'cos it IS a trip.
And it ain't over yet..;)

In that area it would be illegal to be camping there.

But more importantly it is grizzly bear country and bears like to investigate smells, even if you are just cooking top ramen noodles
Agree. I love tent camping/cooking outside but would never do it there with the grizzlies present. I am already anxious with black bears only (after having encountered one in a campground once at night). But grizzly bears? No, I would absolutely sleep in that van.

I was also thinking that this might be the reason why the Bethune video didn't show a tent and why they parked in that spot.

Another question…do they sell burner phones purchased with cash these days?

my husband thinks you have to pay with some type of debit/credit card. You can’t pay with a gift card either.
TIA
You can totally pay cash for one in Louisiana for sure. My son had to get his phone repaired, so he picked up a “burner” phone while waiting. Paid 60.00 bucks for a nice android. I couldn’t believe it!!

I currently have my window open in my office. The evening sound of crickets and tree frogs is everywhere.

Kind of like what I am hearing about the "potential" camping expedition that Mr and Mrs Laundrie took with their 'mysteriously disappearing' son.........

He has distinctive features: jawline, eyes, eyebrows, big nose and unusual ear shape. IMHO, he is recognizable regardless of hair, hat, or beard length. A mask might help somewhat. I keep picturing Scott Peterson with red hair and a beard. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: I trust that the FBI will find him, and in the not-too-distant future. MOO.

OK I'm posting it again, this time with link (sorry Mods :oops:)

Here is the image of BL with a full head of hair, dyed pink.

Worth seeing how he looks with hair in case he's intending on changing his identity to continue to evade capture.

Source: Login • Instagram

Screenshot_20210924_153320.jpg

this, thank you, I laughed. and .. I read that aloud to my people, they laughed too.

I looked them up … they do exist… I was thinking about those extreme adventurers that sleep on the side of a cliff when mountain climbing…..

I just know that no matter how desperate I was I would not be camping on the ground in that swamp….:eek::eek::eek:

This also made me think of it…..
There was a relatively local search where they had searched and searched, and years later the body was found close to home … but it was a suicide by hanging in a tree… and despite many searches no one saw it at the time….. very sad case..

IMO

Nope, not with those snakes and gators. Couldn't pay me enough money to camp there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member