Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
A) We got in an argument, I took off, hitchhiked to blow off steam. She was gone when I returned, she hasn't been returning my calls. I don't know what her family is going off about, she isn't returning my calls either.

B) She came at me with a small boulder at my head while I was lying down and a fight ensued, I didn't try to.

C) I was off minding my own business, I returned to find her body and thought nobody would believe me, I panicked and ran.

I could believe A or C. Or rather, I can believe either one of these is what he told his parents.

Question. If two people each have a burner phone and call back and forth can those calls be traced by the FBI?

if they know the number, have to know what they are looking for otherwise its a needle haystack situation

there is some exceptions if one party is isolated or location known its possible to isolate the unknown number and work backwards

That’s a definite possibility! If that’s the case, I just wish they’d come out & say that! Because they are being treated so horribly because their actions are making them look guilty, complicit, cruel (if you’re Gabby’s family) or all three IMO. You’d think as absolutely horrendous as they are being treated (I’m not saying whether it’s right or wrong - don’t come for me lol), that if that’s really what happened, they’d have at least said the truth to make some of it stop. IMO but who knows…
I don’t think it they came out now and said anything that people would take kindly to them, regardless of what they said. Everyone is begging them to speak but if they were to nervously hold a press conference saying “we really didn’t know” everyone would just attack them harder. They can’t win. It’s really unfortunate, IMO.

https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-new...s-brian-laundrie-hid-out-in-fort-de-soto-park

Was this initially based on the text Gabby’s mom received on the 30th or something entirely different??

From the Sept 28th article:
Fox News recently obtained the missing persons’ report for Petito, in which her mother, Nichole Schmidt, stated that her daughter was last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park. Schmidt wrote in the report that her Long Island home was a "probable destination."

If she got that text at 7am, and someone saw Brian gassing up to leave late on the 29th, then that text is obviously from somewhere coming east. He's toast if he was stupid enough to text 7 hours give, or take, away from the park.

Hmmm...I hadn't seen that before. I wonder where and by who Gabby was seen on the 30th. That would mean Brian drove home to FL in 24 hours? Wasn't it 10:30am when he was tagged taking the exit to North Port?
Did she perhaps FaceTime with her early that morning (August 30)?

My husband and I drove from Nokomis, FL to Phoenix, AZ. We started on Saturday morning and didn't get home until late Tuesday afternoon; however, we make many stops and don't do any nonstop driving. If we hadn't driven straight through (no stops, which would be impossible), it would have been a 32-hour drive.

Boone police "aware" of Facebook post claiming Brian Laundrie seen in the area

Boone police say they are aware of a Facebook post that claims that Brian Laundrie, fiancée of the late Gabby Petitio, has been seen in the area.

The post was made in the "Girls Who Hike-SC" Facebook group.

Police say there have not been any confirmed sightings of Laundrie in the area and all of the phone calls they have received about him have been in reference to the Facebook post.

Stay tuned as we work to learn more.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

Brian Laundrie’s mom Roberta did check in to a Florida park about 75 miles north of the family’s home earlier this month, records obtained by Fox News show.

The documents confirm Chapman’s suspicion that the Laundries went camping at the Fort De Soto Park outside St. Petersburg between his return from out West on Sept. 1 and the day Petito’s mother reported her missing, Sept. 11. They show the family checked in on Sept. 6 and out on Sept. 8 – but there's no record on the document of them the week prior.

Online sleuths reported that a law enforcement helicopter flew over the area of the campground overnight. However a Pinellas County sheriff spokesperson told Fox News the department was not conducting an investigation at Fort De Soto.

Wonder who???

Wow all I can say, is don’t slay me if my child gets caught up in a media frenzy crime story. We don’t know what happened at all. I know it says I am a new member, but I have had an account here for years. I miss the calmer analysis of big cases. This really reminds me of the old Frankenstein movie where everyone was out with pitch forks. Off topic for sure. MOO
I may have misunderstood the first part of your comment so, apologies if I read it wrong. I was just going to point out that I don’t believe the Laundries are being absolutely raked over the coals in the media/on social media simply because of what ppl think their son did. I believe, & this is JMO, that they are being raked over the coals for how they’ve handled the situation themselves. For not returning Gabby’s parent’s phone calls when they were terrified that they couldn’t find their daughter - them knowing all along she was at least missing or worse, for not cooperating with police to help find her, etc. IMO they aren’t being roasted in the media because of BL. They’re getting roasted because of their handling of the whole situation. But like I said that is strictly JMO.

if they know the number, have to know what they are looking for otherwise its a needle haystack situation

there is some exceptions if one party is isolated or location known its possible to isolate the unknown number and work backwards
Thank you. So a couple of people moving around could get away with it! Just so they don’t stay always in the same location.

I'm surprised you say that. This is a guy who has spent months tooling around the US in a van, and prior to that, hiked the AT. Despite his other flaws, he seems exceptionally comfortable outdoors. Compared to most of us, who wouldn't care to spend months in a tent or van.
I think it was one month in the van and then, mostly at tourist spots and the AT seems incredible to me, as he describes it, living on peanut butter cookies.

Hmmm...I hadn't seen that before. I wonder where and by who Gabby was seen on the 30th. That would mean Brian drove home to FL in 24 hours? Wasn't it 10:30am when he was tagged taking the exit to North Port?

I hadn’t recalled seeing it either is why I pointed it out/asked until this evening. Since posting it, I’ve come across it in two more recent articles.

I don’t think it they came out now and said anything that people would take kindly to them, regardless of what they said. Everyone is begging them to speak but if they were to nervously hold a press conference saying “we really didn’t know” everyone would just attack them harder. They can’t win. It’s really unfortunate, IMO.
Oh you’re def right! It’s prob too late now. What I meant to say was I wish they “would have” said something. I agree with you that it is too late now. They won’t be able to win either way. JMO.

If someone bought a burner phone at Walmart, could the store give some kind of record as to the number on the phone? Are there any kinds of records on the phone?

I'm sorry, where I live, within 5 miles is close and we do call it down the street. I guess people who live in different areas consider distance differently.
Yes, but 4-5 miles in North Port with all the twists and turns... many of their roads are not direct...can easily be 15 or 20 minutes away. I lived there for 10 years and would consider these 3 places on opposite sides of town.

Wow all I can say, is don’t slay me if my child gets caught up in a media frenzy crime story. We don’t know what happened at all. I know it says I am a new member, but I have had an account here for years. I miss the calmer analysis of big cases. This really reminds me of the old Frankenstein movie where everyone was out with pitch forks. Off topic for sure. MOO
Welcome to Websleuths. We are doing a good job in my opinion of putting together what happened so it’s not true that we don’t know what happened at all. We have facts, and where posters are stating their opinions, that is a good thing, even if it isn’t aligned with our opinion, you know freedom of speech and all. I for one truly appreciate hearing other posters astute perceptions of this case. Always just my opinion.

Totally random thought. The campground that they were at is beautiful! I've been watching all the videos of the reporters there and it's so pretty. I should use the excuse that I'm going to go look for BL and go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675