Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former FBI Agent Maureen O'Connell: Brian Laundrie will be found alive

Former FBI Agent Maureen O'Connell said Thursday on "Your World" she believes Brian Laundrie, the former fiance of Gabby Petito, will be found alive.

"It's the biggest mystery," host Neil Cavuto said. "Where is this guy?"

"This whole case is filled with one wild goose chase after another," O'Connell said.

….

"I have a feeling that [Laundrie] is going to be found, and he is going to be found alive. All the information that's been coming in for weeks now, as you layer it upon itself, you can start to see all these things coming to fruition."

"For example, now they're starting to really piece together the activities of the parents. When you look at what was done, and what wasn't done, when you look at the timing of that, you can find the point where they decided they were going to 100% support their son and not support the Petito family or Gabby."

Brian Laundrie will get caught: ex-US Marshal

Brian Laundrie is very much alive — and the FBI will find him sooner or later, one of the nation’s top federal marshals told The Post.

Lenny DePaul, a former 30-year veteran of the US Marshal Service and onetime commander of the New York/New Jersey Fugitive Task Force, said the 23-year-old fugitive is “sleeping with one eye open” and will eventually trip up.

“I personally think he could be anywhere,” DePaul said Thursday. “It doesn’t matter. Mexico. He can be on a boat sitting off the coast of Cuba. It doesn’t matter. He’s gonna mess up. He’s going to make the mistake.

“I would run as fast and as far as I could, too, if I were him,” he added. “Any way you look at it, it’s not good for him.”

The bigger question is what’s his mindset once that noose gets tightened up and they get ready to make an arrest,” he said. “Is it suicide by cop, is he gonna shoot it out, is he armed?”

DePaul is not involved in the search for Laundrie but is considered one of the service’s most legendary figures, with thousands of manhunts on his resume.

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

For me it’s
1). Yes
2). On August 27 shortly after the Merry Pigs incident.
3). He felt she “made him look bad” by apologizing to the staff for his behavior and his ego could not handle that - he has no self awareness. It was like a last straw on the trip in his mind. I also feel he is psychotic.
4) Yes thought about it for some length of time however short. Deliberately delivered a blow.
5) Spoiled by mother who overlooks all his faults. Fruit and trees scenario. MOO

1. Out of character for me (black & white personality), but I actually am not sure he killed her...he was aware of what did, if he didn't.
2. 27th-28th, enough time for him to get back to Florida.
3. See #1, recklessness either way.
4. I do not believe it was premeditated.
5. Nature: One of the dark triad of personality disorders native to him. Nurture: A parent with one of the dark triad of personality disorders. IMO it's more often nature not properly addressed by nurturers.

Sounds like they're fairly irked with their situation. MOO
I agree. I think they’re just calling 911 for all types of things. They feel victimized. Some would say rightfully so. I’m not totally sure where I am on that and their involvement in helping BL. Everything that irritates them they (mom, of course) calls 911.

All very similar to what I’ve been considering - I think it may have been a prolonged beating as in he started with slapping and liked the feeling and it escalated - I think he left her to die and didn’t think twice about her at all after he made that decision- then called his mom and she said come home - I do wonder if he said I don’t have any money and someone suggested to him just use Gabbys? I can’t wait to see the phone and text records
JMO
I hate to say this because it was in a television news interview and I don't know if it exists on line to "link" so I guess I'll self-report in case it needs to get yanked.

MOO/IMO I believe, not fact, that the Victor, ID merchant made a point in her television interview (mighta been 48 hrs????) to state that she witnessed BL tell GP to tell the merchant they were engaged. She said it was awkward and weird but GP did it. I have been thinking that this was the catalyst because the more we learn, the more we discover it didn't seem to take much to set him off. IMO I'll look for a 48 hrs link. I think that's where this was.

Edit: Surprisingly, there's a transcript available:
Sonnie Mason: I noticed her flower tattoo, which I always liked, so we were talking a little about her tattoo. She says Gabby talked about visiting national parks, with Yellowstone next on their tour. It was an ordinary conversation — the type Mason has with many customers. But one thing did stand out she says — it was Brian's behavior.

Sonnie Mason: It felt kind of weird because he — it felt like he almost prompted her to mention to me that she was engaged. And we get a lot of engaged couples and it doesn't usually come up that way. It just felt kind of odd like it was a reminder to her to be, like, "Oh look, we're engaged." … It felt like he felt slighted for her not talking about her engagement, or not like being excited. Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: "He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"

Last edited:
1) Unfortunately, any other scenario seems unlikely.
2) After 6:30p on August 27, the day of the scene at the Mexican restaurant.
3) and 4) I think they continued arguing off and on for the rest of the day until he lost control, grabbed her by the face the way she describes in the Moab video, and then grabbed lower and strangled her.
5) I would have to know a lot more about his upbringing, history, family life, etc. to even have a guess. But people who bully other people were often victims themselves, so that seems most likely.

I agree with your 1, 2, 3 and 5, but I'm not sure about 4. If the death hadn't been ruled a homicide, I would definitely have said it was an accident. But I wonder how an actual accident could support a homicide determination. I think the cause of death will give us a full picture.

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

. MOO

1) Indeed
2) The afternoon of the Mexican restaurant incident.
3) Their relationship was in a dangerous spiral and Brian was out of control.
4) He overreacted to her apologizing to the restaurant staff. He totally lost control and beat her to death or choked her.
5) I think B has been catered to and built up to be something he never was. Probably a mama's boy and babied by the women in the family.

Always trust your assessment but are you convinced of that?
Am I naive?
Just inches away from going there.
Will we find out that they have assisted LE and FBI all along?
I wonder?
MOO.
I think if Ma & Pa had been assisting all along, he would be in the slammer already. I butted in with my answer. Couldn't help but throw my 2 cents in there.
I think they would have wanted to make sure he was safe, and it would have happened much earlier, even knowing that he would be charged for theft and use of Gabby's charge card and probably murder as well, and jailed.
They cannot think that this will come to a good end for him, and perhaps for them.

In full respect, I seriously would like to understand this...
Why aren't we discussing and questioning what you just stated?

There appears to be next to NO ONE that knows or has seen ANY these people ever over the course of their entire lives, yet many of us have access to resources, while not FBI level AT ALL, that could be shared and discussed but don't align with tenets of this space, which is fine, respected and understood.

You can about count on nearly two hands the people we are given information here in which to debate.

Why is that?!?!? Is this really humanly possible that there are no other witnesses or people familiar with these families? Again, just a question.

If not, why does it APPEAR to be the case? Why aren't we seeking additional information and insight? Why are we content debating camper tops that have nothing to do with Gabby's actual homicide and how the mother of a MISSING child pulls her hat down when she gets in her car? Sigh.

I personally feel like there is just so much we don't know, and I worry that we are inadvertently causing harm to innocent people as a result of such. Not at all intentional on our part, since we don't know what we don't know. Just....good grief.

Ive made my position on what I believe happened clear. I think BL killed GP and then drive home in a panic. Didnt plan anything , just reacted. I also believe he did not tell his parents what happened. Just said that he did not want to talk about. I do not believe the parents knew that there was a serious problem until GP’s parents’ texts and emails started showing up on Sept 10. At that point , they called an attorney. I have No clue what BL told them They may just have found out that she was missing. That enough was to let them know there was big trouble.

It is possible, that BL told them that they had a fight and she told him to leave so he did. Leaving out what happened in between. It is also possible that there is no evidence that this did not happen.

agree, several days passed, assume showers, diff clothes but think they might say her DNA in van and transfer from there.
What's the significance of Gabby's DNA being transferred from Brian to the camper? I guess I'm not seeing why there would be a problem with Gabby's DNA being on Brian. I'm not getting this one.

i don’t have a link but I know I read that her father recently moved from NY to Florida to be close to Gabby. Very shortly before she and Brian set out to NY for her brothers graduation, then their trip. So heartbreaking … he had just gotten there.

Here is a link for you ... though it doesn't say when JP moved to FL. I guess it could have been any time during the past couple of years.

Petito's father spoke from his home in Vero Beach, Florida - where he had moved to be closer to his daughter - pleading for help in finding her.
Dad of Gabby Petito says 'he will do anything to find her' after she vanished on trip with fiance | Daily Mail Online

In my experience, number 5 has not frequently been true, whether it's positive or negative treatment. I've seen some men treat their mothers like gold but treat the woman in his life like boo and vice versa. I'm not saying it never happens that they treat the female like they treat their mothers. But I've just seen a lot of varying treatment in those cases.

Totally see your point, YMMV, but to clarify, I actually meant that (in my experience) men tend to treat their wives/girlfriends the way they saw their fathers treat their mothers. Not that they treat their mothers the same as they treat their girlfriends...

In full respect, I seriously would like to understand this...
Why aren't we discussing and questioning what you just stated?

There appears to be next to NO ONE that knows or has seen ANY these people ever over the course of their entire lives, yet many of us have access to resources, while not FBI level AT ALL, that could be shared and discussed but don't align with tenets of this space, which is fine, respected and understood.

You can about count on nearly two hands the people we are given information here in which to debate.

Why is that?!?!? Is this really humanly possible that there are no other witnesses or people familiar with these families? Again, just a question.

If not, why does it APPEAR to be the case? Why aren't we seeking additional information and insight? Why are we content debating camper tops that have nothing to do with Gabby's actual homicide and how the mother of a MISSING child pulls her hat down when she gets in her car? Sigh.

I personally feel like there is just so much we don't know, and I worry that we are inadvertently causing harm to innocent people as a result of such. Not at all intentional on our part, since we don't know what we don't know. Just....good grief.
Do you have information that suggests another suspect other than ‘it is possible"? Often in these cases when there is no new real info to discuss the posts seem to trend towards dissecting the minutia, things that really are not pertinent, like how she pulled her hat down, I agree not important at all. I don’t think anyone is deliberately ignoring other possibilities, they are following the trail laid out by Brian. His parents may not have known Gabby was missing til the 10th or possibly the 11th but we do know on the 11th they refused to let LE in the house to speak with their son. Why, we don’t know but we do know that was not in the interest of finding Gabby. Per LE, they have refused to have any discussions concerning Gabby.

I have faith in the public calling in tips and I have faith in the US Marshalls who I consider the best LE Agency in the World. I feel with the public awareness, tips being called in, that he will be found. It is hard being patient waiting for news of his arrest, but I feel it will be coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea