Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So the attorney statements have been really interesting to me and I've really just had the time to sit down and put them together. So here's a timeline based on what he's said to reporters and police reports to fill in the dates between what he's confirmed. I am only using Twitter-verified reporter's accounts to ensure the accuracy of the text messages.
8/17 - BL flies to Tampa from SLC to obtain "some items and empty and close storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending road trip." (10/5 Text from SB to Jorja Roman; Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
8/23 - BL returned to SLC to rejoin GP. (Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
9/1 - BL stops at CL's home before returning to parent's home. (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/1 - License plate reader confirms the van entered the city of North Port at approximately 10:26 a.m.
9/4 - BL opens account with AT&T and purchases a new phone, which is the phone he left at home when he went on a hike on 9/14* (Note: References to the hike on 9/14 have been left as originally stated. It is also worth noting that at 2:25 p.m., SB stated he never confirmed the date the phone was purchased because he did not know the specific date, only that a phone was purchased and it was left at home. At 6:21 p.m., he'd apparently received the specific information and was able to confirm. 9/29 Text from SB Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/6 - 9/7 BL and parents check in at FDS campground. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: Cassie Laundrie confirmed she also visited the campgrounds with the family on 9/6 in an interview outside her home; Source: Brian Entin Twitter)
9/10 @ 15:58 and 18:29 (3:58 and 6:29 p.m.) - NPPD record shows two separate phone calls received for public service at Laundrie residence. Reported "problem settled." All other information redacted. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/11 - Van was located at Laundrie residence in Florida. BL's parents refused to allow BL to speak with LE and directed officers to speak with their attorney. (Source: Search Warrant.)
9/13- In an amended statement, SB states BL's parents now believe he left to hike Monday, September 13, not the 14th as previously stated. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)
9/13 - SB speaks to BL. It is unclear whether he spoke to BL before or after he went hiking to know whether he would have been the last person to actually speak to BL before he essentially disappeared. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/14 - NPPD police report related to an abandoned vehicle at 6968 Reisterstown Road, which is the location of Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. (Source: Your Sun.)
9/15- Mustang returned to Laundrie Home. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: The attorney confirms this on 10/5, but this was also pointed out in a live stream by Brian Entin prior to SB's text. It was also reported by Your Sun that the parents stated they picked up the car the next day.)
9/16 - Brian Entin reports Laundrie residence is very quiet, beginning to think BL and parents left. Police stated again they know where BL is but won't elaborate. (Note: Obviously he wasn't in the house, but thought it was relevant to note that LE stated they knew where BL was.) (Source: Brian Entin Twitter.)
9/17 - BL's parents report BL as missing person. (Note: If someone has the missing persons report for BL, let me know and I will link it. I didn't see one.) (Source: Your Sun.)
9/19 - SB releases statement: "The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family." (Note: SB has been very consistent in referencing BL and his parents separately. The wording of this implies the entire Laundrie family. At this point, BL has been reported missing, so I would have expected it to say Chris and Roberta or something identifying them apart. I can only guess he phrased it this way in an attempt to garner some sympathy for ALL of his clients, even though he would have no clue whether one of them was praying for her family or not, because he was missing.)(Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/20 - SB schedules and later cancels press conference pursuant to his conversation with FBI. (Source: Shannon Clowe Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/23 - SB confirms: "The Laundrie's went to Orland to meet with their attorney." In a separate text, he clarified the attorney they met with was him. (Note: This is unrelated to BL, but I wanted to put it in to sort of show how SB refers to his clients and why I feel like the 9/19 statement about the "Laundrie family" was intended to include BL, despite having reported him missing.) (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/26 - FBI return to Laundrie residence. SB stated the FBI "requested some items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching and Brian's parents provided the FBI with what they could." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/27 - SB releases statement: "Chris and Robert Laundrie do not know where Brian is. They are concerned about Brian and hope the FBI can locate him. The speculation by the public and some in the press that the parents assisted Brian in leaving the family home or in avoiding arrest on a warrant that was issued after Brian had already been missing for several days is just wrong." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/30 - FBI return to Laundrie home to collect personal items belonging to BL to assist canines in search for Brian. (Source: Eileen Lepahmer Twitter.)
10/1 - SB states Cassie Laundrie saw her brother on 9/1 and 9/6.)
10/5 - SB confirms he only represents BL, CL (father, not sister) and RL. (Source: JB Twitter)
10/5 - SB amends original date parents last saw BL. He now states they believe he left to hike Monday, September 13. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)

Here's my revised theory given the above information:

There are really only two unaccounted-for dates, 9/12 and 9/13. I've been waiting for SB to come out and say they were mistaken about the date.

First, I can't recall when SB originally said the parents picked up the Mustang, but I remember there being confusion over when the Mustang was actually returned. However, it always struck me as odd that he went hiking on the 14th and the report of an abandoned car was filed on the 14th. If the car was parked somewhere illegally, like not in a dedicated parking space, then you would assume the vehicle would have been towed and/or received a citation, but that wasn't the case. It also doesn't make sense to assume a vehicle is abandoned after sitting there for less than a day. The abandoned car reported seemed to indicate the car had been there for longer than a day.

Second, SB said that BL and his parents went to other places on two different dates the following weekend but did not give the dates. There's a reason for that. I don't know what it is yet, but it's a big one. I think you can automatically rule out the 10th due to the police responding to the home on two separate occasions. You can rule out the 11th due to LE retrieving the van that day and asking to speak to BL but being refused.

That only leaves the 12th and the 13th. Wherever they went on those two dates is going to be key. He has confirmed all other dates, but those two dates. He left those vague and he didn't volunteer the info on where they went. When it came out they had visited the park, he was quick to say the dates they were there to make it seem like no big deal. If the places they went on the two dates after that weekend were no big deal, then why not go ahead and put that out there? Now all of a sudden they're backtracking on the actual date he went missing and it's because they're trying to get ahead of something that is going to come out at some point.
Great summary. I think you should include other 911 calls and visits to home.
Three 911 calls 'were made from family home day Gabby was reported missing'

Btw. There is a live search for school shooter in Arlington, TX going on right now. 4 victims. Very sad.
I checked and the only WIFI at Fort DeSoto campgrounds is at the camp store and office. Verizon cell service works but not AT&T. Not sure about others. So that would be why Aunt Gabby could not be called.
Interesting!
I was really talking about from Sept1 on, when BL showed up without Aunt Gabby. Again. CL claims during the Aug 17-23 visit they did FT with GP. My question is, if CL had no reason to believe nothing was amiss, why didn’t she FT after 9/1?

OMG WFLA going over comments that maybe Brian is in his parents house.

I am a frequent LE critic but I do trust that the FBI knows how to search a house!

As far as I saw, the FBI did not use a dog trained to detect concealed persons during the execution of the search warrant. Such dogs are commonly used at the southern border and I think it's egregious they didn't bring one in. Just MOO.

Protecting the Homeland Security working dogs that protect our borders - Institute for Infectious Animal Diseases

"From protecting our borders to patrolling our airports, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) manages more than 3,000 working dogs in various capacities. These specialized dogs are highly valuable and an integral part of both search and rescue functions and detection of concealed persons, narcotics or explosives "

I agree with you. I’ve also wondered whether the Aug 17-23 trip was motivated by mail relating to the Aug 12 “LE involved DV/Mental Health” incident that might have arrived at the Laundrie home. Aug 17 was 5 days after that incident, enough time for an Incident Report to be completed and mailed to Bl’s and GP’s mailing address in FL. Perhaps two envelopes arriving from Moab Police Dept - one addressed to BL and the other to GP - alarmed BL’s parents and they called BL demanding some answers and, after hearing BL’s version of events, insisted upon a week’s separation AND removal of GP’s stuff from their home or from shared storage.

This is a valid scenario IMO.

BL's parents opening up a letter and seeing there had been a police stop could've made them immediately get on the phone to BL and/or book a flight for him telling him to get himself home right now.

MOO

It is possible that he could be moving back and forth I suppose but that would mean no one has been watching the house? at all? - I've wondered about that back yard fence......
JMO

There could be a very well disguised trap door or something that he is in. They could be preppers with their storage hidden well in case of disaster...IMO

Wow! I am done with Cassie. And Bortolino sure likes throwing her under the bus.

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1445442775156240384?s=20

UPDATE: To be clear about this earlier post - according to #BrianLaundrie’s family attorney, Roberta and Chris Laundrie (Brian’s parents) have been speaking with #CassieLaundrie but “they are just not discussing this case”.

I don’t believe CL. I don’t believe nothing was brought up during their visit to Cassie’s house on Sept 1st, I don’t believe Gabby never came up in conversation at the campsite on the 6th, I don’t believe the kids found out Gabby was dead from the protesters, I don’t believe she’s as in the dark or incommunicado from her parents as she claims, and I don’t believe that she’s told LE everything she knows.

As for talking to the protesters, her husband said they can’t hear them from inside the house. I think the “you’re making my children cry” is just an excuse, she wanted the protesters quiet and gone before GMA showed up at her home for the scheduled interview she was already dressed up for.

I’m not buying anything BL’s family is selling.

Last edited:
IF that happened -- ok, if that's their mailing address - it's possible copies of the incident report went there -- then I REALLY have a plussed-up problem with the his parents' behavior when he arrived home for a second appearance just a week later, alone, and in Gabby's van.

All of the explanations that have been proffered re: his possible explanations to his family about Gabby's absence on September 1st (she wanted him to drive the van, she's with Rose, she hooked up with another guy, she went to Yosemite, she's home in New York) don't really fly anymore after his alarmed parents require them to separate for a week ...if that happened....IF. His arrival alone with her vehicle after what you described here should leave any parent with a very sick feeling in their gut.

Agree that they might have been putting their heads in the sand (deliberately or otherwise), but "we broke up and she wanted me to drive it home [ie., didn't want to spend time with me anymore and said she'd fly back later or flew home to her parents]" wouldn't be impossible to believe, especially if the Ls were glad of a breakup.

There's a video that shows Roberta digging in a flower bed and it looks like there's movement in the flower bed. I don't know if it's anything or not but I am sure LE has checked it out.

The GARDEN! Everyone commented on how they "checked" their garden and what a strange thing to do with all that is going on. IMO.

He had no idea how much of that report would be redacted I am sure. Mr. Attorney is always in clean up mode with this family.

Didn't he say something like "based on recollections" - no, based on the police report. Again, I don't care how old my child is. If they are living with me, I am asking where they are going and when they expect to return. Or I will instill in my children how important it is for someone to know where you are in case you need help. How do the parents not know which day their child left? I mean, even if he left when they weren't home. They would notice that the Mustang was gone - especially after returning without Gabby. They should have been on high alert.

IF that happened -- ok, if that's their mailing address - it's possible copies of the incident report went there -- then I REALLY have a plussed-up problem with the his parents' behavior when he arrived home for a second appearance just a week later, alone, and in Gabby's van.

All of the explanations that have been proffered re: his possible explanations to his family about Gabby's absence on September 1st (she wanted him to drive the van, she's with Rose, she hooked up with another guy, she went to Yosemite, she's home in New York) don't really fly anymore after his alarmed parents require them to separate for a week ...if that happened....IF. His arrival alone with her vehicle after what you described here should leave any parent with a very sick feeling in their gut.
Not if his story was that they broke up. If they're hearing about the Moab stop from police reports and BL, they would've been pro-separation. I don't believe any of this happened but it is feasible.

SBM

Interesting!
I was really talking about from Sept1 on, when BL showed up without Aunt Gabby. Again. CL claims during the Aug 17-23 visit they did FT with GP. My question is, if CL had no reason to believe nothing was amiss, why didn’t she FT after 9/1?
Easy: it was outgoing Gabby who initiated Facetiming. JMO. She also seemed to be the one, not Brian, trying to maintain a good relationship with his nephews, as shown by her postcards.

This is interesting. North Port municipal code defines "Abandoned Vehicle" as one being left on public property 5 days or longer. North Port LE ticketed the Mustang on 9/14/2021 @14:42 (2:42pm). Doesn't that mean it had to have been driven there on the 10th or before? But the Laundries claim BL didn't leave until the 13th? Either something's not right here or I'm misreading something?
- Abandonment prohibited. It shall be unlawful for any person to abandon any vehicle upon public property within the corporate limits of the City of North Port, Florida. Any vehicle which is left upon public property for a period of five days or longer shall be presumed to be abandoned.

Chapter 42 - NUISANCES | Code of the City | North Port, FL
View attachment 316168
This may mean that after the vehicle is discovered, it will be considered abandoned after 5 days and be towed. jmo

OMG WFLA going over comments that maybe Brian is in his parents house.

I am a frequent LE critic but I do trust that the FBI knows how to search a house!
Some of those comments are insane!! They need to not take any comments out of the YouTube live chat until they get him a moderator & put the chat on slow mode. Some of those people in that live chat take trolling to a whole other level. It’s so bad.

There could be a very well disguised trap door or something that he is in. They could be preppers with their storage hidden well in case of disaster...IMO
Is that even possible in Florida? Way back at the beginning threads, someone asked if the parents had a basement that BL could be hiding in. I remember someone posting that basements aren't possible in Florida due to the depth of the water table. I did a quick Zillow search for homes for sale with a basement. There were none.

SBM
I've seen posts from time to time that question the viability of her endeavor, how successful it was, whether it was a whim, her follower count, etc, & tbh it makes me sad, because the truth is she never really got a chance to show us what she was able to do.
No kidding. She had it together more than I did at 22. I think it's still a wide open market, ie "influencer" although I hate that term as it was employed for Alexis Sharkey who had a BS in Biology with major honors.

All she had to do (Gabby) was break the mold, get out of that age-market she appeared to be focused on. Expand the blog to showcasing the "nature" of each camp site, each park, tie it to the past (Bridger.....Lewis & Clark) show the emblematic plants and animals, discuss the actual camp instead of all the rock climbing, and other stuff primarily attracting people her own age or younger. (IMO, sorry if I offend).

The parks have all that information online, all it would take is a photogenic gal willing to show viewers around, would attract old fogeys like me. IMO piling on Gabby because she wasn't prepared enough to instantly make big money is victim shaming. She's DEAD. What difference did it make if her big dream was sketched on the back of a napkin (like so many small businesses start out), and she hadn't taken a degree in business.

The youtube market is wide open, IMO, unfortunately she was not allowed to live....to develop her dreams.

This is the North Port PD abandoned vehicle report related to the Mustang at the Carlton Reserve.
Everything is blacked out because of the open investigation.
But the time stamp is still there:
9-14-21
2:42pm
View attachment 316170

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445796327397416960?s=21
IIRC, Overnight parking is Prohibited at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. So if it was parked Monday and still there Tuesday, the Park Ranger or Caretaker could have notified NPPD and had them come out to tag the vehicle.
I looked for parking restrictions at the park and couldn't find them. Can you help me with your source please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adayinthelifeofasd