Found Deceased MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I keep reading the words from news sources "dark web photo" however, if that's "alleged dark web photo" then my bad.

You have a great point.
Could also be a person with a conscience (somewhat involved) that passed it on to the FBI Agent.
BTW her name is Special Agent TD.

This case has all kinds of WTF's

I suspect Norton has given them a lot of info. Also according to the affidavit, Phelps was first questioned about Cassidy’s disappearance on Sept 1, so about a week after she was reported missing. It’s likely that her family or friends knew she was last seen at or near his house. There’s a reason LE checked there in the first place.

BTW…I don’t think the agent’s name needs to be publicized. I’m using her initials out of respect.

Not quite sure this is reliable info, but I thought I read that 'someone' was looking on his phone for some reason and seen the pic, went to LE.
I suspect Norton has given them a lot of info. Also according to the affidavit, Phelps was first questioned about Cassidy’s disappearance on Sept 1, so about a week after she was reported missing. It’s likely that her family or friends knew she was last seen at or near his house. There’s a reason LE checked there in the first place.

BTW…I don’t think the agent’s name needs to be publicized. I’m using her initials out of respect.

I agree with everything you said. I think it's likely that we will see updated charges in the next few weeks, and Norton at the very least corroborated the date that Cassidy was "restrained", so it's likely he's cooperating to some extent. This is a really sad case (aren't they all?), and it's been upsetting to see the irresponsible speculation thats been spread.

Me, too...wonder what other charges? Aren't they waiting for DNA to be able to identify Cassidy? I'm not sure if what I read is reliable, didn't they find human remains? If so, then charges would be upgraded to murder?

Investigators say they are waiting for DNA evidence to return. They haven't said the DNA is to identify CR. LE hasn't said they found her remains or any other remains. It's all up in the air until LE confirms or fills us in. o_O

Family reported CR missing on Aug 25th and JP was first questioned on Sept 1st. That's exactly one week later. I wonder if her family told LE she was staying with JP, if she was last seen with him or if her family or LE suspected JP for some reason.

Family reported CR missing on Aug 25th and JP was first questioned on Sept 1st. That's exactly one week later. I wonder if her family told LE she was staying with JP, if she was last seen with him or if her family or LE suspected JP for some reason.

There was an interview with a female neighbor earlier reported in this thread where the neighbor confirmed she'd met CR and referred to the living situation as a "menagerie", which I found strange. To me that indicates that CR being at that place was common knowledge before she went "missing".

Edited to add the source for the quote.
THE LATEST: What we know about the disappearance of Cassidy Rainwater and the Dallas County, Mo. investigation

There was an interview with a female neighbor earlier reported in this thread where the neighbor confirmed she'd met CR and referred to the living situation as a "menagerie", which I found strange. To me that indicates that CR being at that place was common knowledge before she went "missing".

THE LATEST: What we know about the disappearance of Cassidy Rainwater and the Dallas County, Mo. investigation

That's what it sounds like to me as well.

I don’t think she called the living situation a menagerie. It sounds like she (mis)used that word to describe current mess with Cassidy missing and the two men being arrested, etc. Also note that the article says she knows Cassidy and knows of the suspects. That seems like she does not personally know Phelps and Norton. I agree though that it sounds like Cassidy is known to be in the neighborhood.

Here is the quote from the article:
“A woman who knows Rainwater and of the suspects speaks with KY3 on the condition of anonymity. She said she can’t wrap her head around all of this.

“I’ve been incredibly unsettled since the whole Menagerie started,” she said. “I’m continuing to pray for her family. I can’t fathom what her family is experiencing and I’m heartily sorry that that happened so close to my home,”

The woman recalls Rainwater as being friendly.

“She would stop by she would talk to us when we were outside working. I don’t think Cassidy would have ever run off without keeping contact with her family,” she said.” THE LATEST: What we know about the disappearance of Cassidy Rainwater and the Dallas County, Mo. investigation

Last edited:
Another man arrested in the same county for kidnapping and assault. Unsure if this is related but suspicious
Dallas County prosecutors charge Buffalo, Mo. man with kidnapping, harassment and assault
According to case net docket, warrant was requested and issued the same day. Not sure if that speaks to severity of the crime. Bond seems very low to me. I wonder if this was domestic — I wish LE would at least clarify on that one. Also, working on trying to find the probable cause statement— if anyone has beat me to it please let me know!

According to case net docket, warrant was requested and issued the same day. Not sure if that speaks to severity of the crime. Bond seems very low to me. I wonder if this was domestic — I wish LE would at least clarify on that one. Also, working on trying to find the probable cause statement— if anyone has beat me to it please let me know!

Yeah, you'd expect no bond if related to the CR case.

I have a different interpretation. I think they can charge them with kidnapping because they have pictures of them holding against her will (kidnapping). But no evidence (yet) of murder so they are charging the most severely that they can based on what they have. To be upgraded when evidence allows. However, I would be THRILLED to be wrong (and to have you be right).

Shades of the Heather Elvis case....

Photo from the dark web was sent to the FBI by a tipster. FBI alerted local LE who then searched his phone & found 7 incriminating photos.
This kind of has the feeling of a "trafficking" ring. When's the last time a suspects house burnt down on the FBI's watch? You'd think that house would've been taped off and guarded.
I also wonder why they didn't find the trip wires when they arrested them. Were they put in after? Was the house searched for evidence before it was burned down? I get they're probably not going to divulge this information but some of the details released don't add up.

hummm....

Well I agree - tis a bit defensive considering they didn't secure a crime scene (so much so that it was pretty easy to set bombs and burn the place down) potentially destroying valuable evidence etc...and who knows who burned the place down...an inside job? How many women has James Phelps helped "get back on their feet"?

Also considering the level of trafficking going on in that state - the nature of the photo and where it was found (dark web) the location of the home (a shack in the middle of nowhere and close to major highways) - one would think that area would have been secured.

Considering a BIG sting operation was just uncovered late June (see article)

Human trafficking operation leads to 82 arrests, 31 rescued throughout Missouri and Kansas

Lastly - it wasn't the Sheriff or his team that solved this case, it was an anonymous person who sent the photo to the FBI....maybe a cheese puffy eating person sitting in their basement drinking cheap wine doing better work than the Sheriff...

Just MOO
100% agree. The crime scene not being secured is very suspicious and or sloppy. Before this small town sheriff gets in his feelings on a press release he needs to ask himself how did an entire house not get taped off and secured? You don't need to be privy to his intel to know there's no excuse for letting the crime scene burn down. If indeed this anonymous photo tip came from the dark web, why were these two guys posting it? Was this the only girl they posted photo of? Here's some interesting info about the trafficking problems in Missouri
Human Trafficking on I-44

Investigators say they are waiting for DNA evidence to return. They haven't said the DNA is to identify CR. LE hasn't said they found her remains or any other remains. It's all up in the air until LE confirms or fills us in. o_O
https://www.myozarksonline.com/body...UkriY9m0Yco8M2ixtuI1nNZZ5M3_NgdzMKvD8yEw9tNPg
"Unnamed sources tell Regional Radio News that during the search of Phelps property, officers located the partial remains of one person, who has not been identified at this time."
Hmmm. Has mainstream media ever used a 'crime blog' as a source? No sarcasm intended...

A little to aggressive, written after having a few beers I guess, full of frustration, but a welcome message. Something to think about. Let's stick to the facts, stay critical. It must be hard for Sheriff Rice dealing with the "new world" where Social Media, TikTok or whatever has become part of our lives and people are participating....(for me it also means caring) LE is watched and being in a glass house, difficult, but it is what it is.....and he should be flexible and learn to deal with it. "Barking" at the public is not going to help. And NO nothing about this is a game. At least not for me.
Completely agree. The fact that people cared enough to talk about Cassidy on tiktok is the ONLY way I found out about her. The people that have these “crime blogs” care. They’re getting the word out and from what I’ve seen, many of them only post factual and proven statements/videos, at least the tiktok ones do. I kind of get where he’s coming from, and that it’s not their job to tell us everything, but it did come across aggressive to me as well.

hummm....

Well I agree - tis a bit defensive considering they didn't secure a crime scene (so much so that it was pretty easy to set bombs and burn the place down) potentially destroying valuable evidence etc...and who knows who burned the place down...an inside job? How many women has James Phelps helped "get back on their feet"?

Also considering the level of trafficking going on in that state - the nature of the photo and where it was found (dark web) the location of the home (a shack in the middle of nowhere and close to major highways) - one would think that area would have been secured.

Considering a BIG sting operation was just uncovered late June (see article)

Human trafficking operation leads to 82 arrests, 31 rescued throughout Missouri and Kansas

Lastly - it wasn't the Sheriff or his team that solved this case, it was an anonymous person who sent the photo to the FBI....maybe a cheese puffy eating person sitting in their basement drinking cheap wine doing better work than the Sheriff...

Just MOO
If I could like this a MILLION TIMES I would.

100% agree. The crime scene not being secured is very suspicious and or sloppy. Before this small town sheriff gets in his feelings on a press release he needs to ask himself how did an entire house not get taped off and secured? You don't need to be privy to his intel to know there's no excuse for letting the crime scene burn down. If indeed this anonymous photo tip came from the dark web, why were these two guys posting it? Was this the only girl they posted photo of? Here's some interesting info about the trafficking problems in Missouri
Human Trafficking on I-44

A search on 'Missouri missing' yields one govt site that lists 596 adults as of today, and a ky3 article referencing 1,000 kids who went missing (presumedly voluntarily) in 2019 from state foster care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member