Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOONE, NC (FOX CAROLINA) - A death investigation is underway after a body was found near an overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway, according to the National Park Service.

NPS says law enforcement rangers responded to the scene and located a dead man at 1:19 p.m., below Yadkin Valley Overlook at milepost 289.8.

They say the cause of death is unknown, and an investigation is underway led by NPS Investigative Services Branch with assistance from NC State Bureau of Investigation.

True. However sometimes fugitives can make their way to Costa Rica or Belize or someplace where they can meet a friend or a local girlfriend, and start a new identity and a new life for themselves.

From public facing evidence to date, he presents himself as a bit of a loner who enjoys the outdoors. IMO he may be thinking living a life on the run in solitude is better than living a life in a cell. And, I know AG Barr brought back the death penalty, and if by some chance Wyoming law would be governing that Wyoming has the death penalty, but I don't think they will charge this (if at all) as a capital offense. Those are very hard cases and I don't think they'll have enough. MOO So, IMOO, he really screwed up by running. He blew up his defense by doing this. Not smart of him (and/or anyone else who may have given him this advice). MOO Not fact.

Last edited:
BOONE, NC (FOX CAROLINA) - A death investigation is underway after a body was found near an overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway, according to the National Park Service.

NPS says law enforcement rangers responded to the scene and located a dead man at 1:19 p.m., below Yadkin Valley Overlook at milepost 289.8.

They say the cause of death is unknown, and an investigation is underway led by NPS Investigative Services Branch with assistance from NC State Bureau of Investigation.

I doubt it's him. Read the twitter thread from the local MSM who reported it @FahertyWSOC9

upload_2021-10-10_20-43-21.gifI just want to know if it’s him they found in NC ... I hope not, I want him found alive. I wonder how long before we will know. And BLs parents ... I just can’t understand their behavior ... how could they not respond to Gabby’s family’s desperate pleas... And BL ...just ... how could he?? Moo

So, here's what we know:
1. Dear Gabby is deceased.
2. Brian has disappeared.
As far as provable facts that BL was responsible for GP's death, I think we're pretty much on the same page we were when her death was declared a homicide. All of the hundreds of speculations, the threads of suspicion, the weird behaviors, the oddball statements, the strange cold behavior of the Laundries and their lawyer, add up to what? None of it puts a weapon in BL's hand: his hands around her throat, the rock crushing her skull or the bullet through her heart. None of it.

Sending BL off on a runner with this kind of evidence is ridiculous. I thought so from the start. There are a thousand stories this guy could have told that would have sent LE off looking for the one-armed man, Bigfoot, mountain men, campers with criminal intent - including the famous "I don't know."

"I left her in the van and went off to pick berries. When I got back an hour later, she was dead and I panicked."
End of story. Hire a lawyer. Prove it wrong.

Instead, we have some of the worst lawyering I've seen in recent history. Yeah, silence is great, but cold compassionless ambiguity released in drips by the lawyer to some guy on Twitter? Come on. Where's the professionalism? The Anthony's managed to get the public to despise them all on their own. This guy has accomplished it all by himself for his clients. What's worse is he only woke up to that fact recently and allowed his client a belated bunny hunt into the Florida swamps for a kid probably holed up with a full fridge, WiFi and a 6 month supply of granola bars. Scant comfort for the Petitos whose daughter's human presence has been reduced to a pile of bones and adipocere in a box in a morgue. It boggles the mind.

It takes many threads to form a successful circumstantial case and even more to construct a rope with a noose on one end. When you get frustrated with this case, remember that. That feeling in your gut may be dead on, but it has to be supported in court by facts that dispel every shadow of reasonable doubt. Its going to take time. A week? A month? Twenty years? Whoever murdered this dear girl owns it. Nothing changes that. Whether we know who he is or not, it doesn't alter or mitigate that ownership. Did BL do it? I don't know. I wasn't there.

My hope is that one cop, just one cop, looks into his own daughter's eyes and with an honest heart commits to tracking down the killer of another father's daughter - even if it takes his entire career.
MOO

Thanks for that fine and insightful post, @TheGardener. I've been worried about some of the things you mention. No witnesses.

If there was blood, if it was on the ground outside or washed or thrown away from the van, then that evidence is probably gone; luminol proof - maybe; we can hope.

Deadly head injury from a rock or other weapon -- where's the weapon? If blood on killer's clothing, surely the killer burned the clothes; if not burned, maybe found with legal search.

Gunshot -- where's the gun? If found -- fingerprints - not any more; proving it's the murder weapon by firing and finding grooves a match, very possible evidence there.

Strangulation -- broken hyoid bone -- suspicious, but probably need more -- neck skin scratches probably not sufficient for evidence by the time she was found -- petechiae, most likely no longer present.

Beating her to death -- coulda been anybody, right? Where's the weapon?

Tuff case, IMO, but the FBI can do amazing forensics.

they could at least try looking for him IMO. They could also have helped Gabby's family find her. They could also have kept their son from fleeing. They did none of that.
Based on the reports of multiple 911 calls coming from their house while Brian was there, my guess is there was some turmoil going between them--and then he left. How do you keep a grown adult from leaving? Should they have shot him?

Are you suggesting they should have gone to Wyoming to look for her? How do you know what Brian told them about what happened? We don't live in a Kumbaya world, unfortunately--people don't react to situations the way we want them to, because we're all different. These people are going through a serious event that most people don't get trained to handle. I think the abuse they are enduring is shameful.

Based on the reports of multiple 911 calls coming from their house while Brian was there, my guess is there was some turmoil going between them--and then he left. How do you keep a grown adult from leaving? Should they have shot him?

Are you suggesting they should have gone to Wyoming to look for her? How do you know what Brian told them about what happened? We don't live in a Kumbaya world, unfortunately--people don't react to situations the way we want them to, because we're all different. These people are going through a serious event that most people don't get trained to handle. I think the abuse they are enduring is shameful.
Were the 911's FROM the residence or ABOUT something going on at the residence from somewhere else? jmo

Victims of what?

All of the people condemning their actions irl and on sm without having any idea of what actually happened. Including hammering signs into their lawn, yelling at them with bullhorns, and posting on sm as though somehow privy to exactly why they are doing what they are doing, and it's very bad. jmo

Do you know, is this "below Yadkin Valley Overlook" a place you can fall/jump to your death?

Reactions: TRB
From the FBI-“The body discovered along the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday is part of an ongoing investigation. At this time, there is no evidence to connect or any reason to believe it is related to the search for fugitive Brian Laundrie."
I’m starting to feel confident again that BL is most definitely alive, wherever he is.

they could have at the very least talked to the Petitos and started an investigation. I can't even get into this.

From public facing evidence to date, he presents himself as a bit of a loner who enjoys the outdoors. IMO he may be thinking living a life on the run in solitude is better than living a life in a cell. And, I know AG Barr brought back the death penalty, and if by some chance Wyoming law would be governing that Wyoming has the death penalty, but I don't think they will charge this (if at all) as a capital offense. Those are very hard cases and I don't think they'll have enough. MOO So, IMOO, he really screwed up by running. He blew up his defense by doing this. Not smart of him (and/or anyone else who may have given him this advice). MOO Not fact.
It's impossible, really to even hazard a guess without the cause of death being known.
There may be very very good evidence and very stong evidence.
Or there may be very little at all.

It's almost impossible to sleuth this case because we know so very little about his character or reputation. I wish they would find him now. Or not. I just want it to be over.
I just have a sinking feeling there will be more shock-horror before catharsis is realised. I hope I'm dead wrong about that.
I have a sense her cause of death will be very disturbing news. I hope I'm wrong about that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500