Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
One month after Gabby Petito was reported missing, these key questions remain

One month after Gabby Petito was reported missing, key aspects of the investigation into her disappearance and homicide remain shrouded in mystery.

Here are the key unanswered questions in the case.

Where is Brian Laundrie?
How did Gabby Petito die?
Why did Brian Laundrie buy a new phone?

Why did the Laundries go camping, while ignoring desperate requests for help from the Petito’s?
Could authorities in Utah have done more to protect Ms Petito?
Will Brian Laundrie be charged in connection to Gabby Petito’s death?

I tend to put some weight behind the dates that SB provides, even if he does have to later correct them. Now, do I think he should ask his clients to be absolutely sure they are correct before they tell him dates and he releases that information, yes. But I think there would be some irreparable harm done to his client(s) if it's been stated numerous times that BL went hiking on the 14th (later amended to the 13th) and then they had to come back and amend that to say, oh, sorry, we lost an entire week in there and he actually left on the 6th/7th.

If that's true, it will come out. When BL is finally found or when phone records are obtained or CCTV footage or something allowing LE to better track his comings and goings, when he actually left will come out, and it would be absolutely detrimental to the case if it were off by a week. BL on the run is bad enough, to add an additional week into that definitely makes it look like aiding and abetting.

I think SB does give out intentionally vague and purposefully worded statements, but to completely make up a date seems like a big risk for him. I'm not an attorney, so I'm not 100% sure of what their ethical and legal obligations are, but I feel like that could possibly lead to disbarment. They may be friends, but are they the kind of friends you sacrifice your career for?
You could absolutely be right! A thing you also probably understand much better than me for sure is legally where that line is, as far as what a lawyer can say & be untruthful or at least misleading about, without getting in trouble. I do wonder if a defence lawyer could tell the public one thing & tell LE another (or, LE already knows the other), knowing LE won’t publicly confirm or deny. Would that be a dicey strategy?

The day before Gabby was reported missing, the Petitos tried to contact the Laundries.

Two calls to the police from the Laundrie house were made that day. Three the following day.

I have to think those two facts are related. I wonder what happened to make the Laundries feel they needed police intervention. And whether it contributed to Brian running.

Three 911 calls 'were made from family home day Gabby was reported missing'
Sorry, I get confused on this issue, probably because I’ve spent more time focusing and reading regarding other aspects of the case:

Does this indicate that the Laundries were calling 911 because the Petitos were demanding answers, or did Brian threaten suicide or similar due to that, and that’s the reason 911 was called?

What I've read so far points to her death occurring on the evening of the 28th. The van was then missing the next morning. But it's ALL speculation and based on potential sightings of Gabby on the 28th - completely unproven and unverified.

(I wonder if Gabby's parents ever read these threads and feel like chiming in or just shake their heads at how wrong (or right) all the speculation here is. Assuming they probably know more than we do. I wonder that because I think the Laundries have allies here defending them.)
Interesting take, since BL was dropped off at the end of the road to the campground off of the highway on the 29th and walked to the van....how do you suppose he drove the van home if the van was not where he left it on the 27thpm or early am of the 28th? jmo Do you think Gabby moved the van? Where was Gabby?

Last edited:
Sorry, I get confused on this issue, probably because I’ve spent more time focusing and reading regarding other aspects of the case:

Does this indicate that the Laundries were calling 911 because the Petitos were demanding answers, or did Brian threaten suicide or similar due to that, and that’s the reason 911 was called?

Florida has Baker Act. If BL threatened suicide, he would be held for a time period. So, doubt that happened. imho.

Injury leads Dog the Bounty Hunter to leave Laundrie search - follow live

LIVE Updates

ICYMI: Brian Laundrie’s parents collect laundry baskets off their lawn left by protesters

What does being a ‘person of interest’ mean for Brian Laundrie?

Brian Laundrie likely being “taken care of” according to former FBI agent

North Port police say they “don’t know what to believe anymore"

Protester claims Laundrie home becoming a “tourist attraction"

Visitors flock to Gabby Petito memorial in Florida just before it is taken down

Gabby Petito’s remains still in Wyoming

Driver keeps playing “Somebody’s Watching Me” as they drive by Laundrie house

What I've read so far points to her death occurring on the evening of the 28th. The van was then missing the next morning. But it's ALL speculation and based on potential sightings of Gabby on the 28th - completely unproven and unverified.

(I wonder if Gabby's parents ever read these threads and feel like chiming in or just shake their heads at how wrong (or right) all the speculation here is. Assuming they probably know more than we do. I wonder that because I think the Laundries have allies here defending them.)

I’ve read here, that suspects in previous cases were known to be here on ws. Were they discovered before or after the cases were resolved?

jmo

Last edited:
Do you really think that no one would have seen Gabby the night of the 27th, all day and night of the 28 and all day of the 29th if she were alive during that time? With no phone and the keys to the van missing? Don't you think she would have asked for help, or at least borrowed someone's phone? I think he killed her on the evening of the 27th, maybe 6hours after the Merry Piglets hullabaloo, and that they probably fought about it all day. He was all bent out of shape and she was sad and embarrassed. jmo
I agree and maybe she finished the relationship after the incident of 27th.

@meatandcookies thank you for the detailed additions!

also some states issue vertical I’d to those under 21. Could provide clue to date of issue. Will look into it when I get a chance
Here’s a screen grab from the Moab stop video. Identifying details aren’t visible, but you can see it clearly says Florida at the top.
Source:

Attachments

• 1477DE47-FA68-4CC0-BB66-2B99619DB133.jpeg
    1477DE47-FA68-4CC0-BB66-2B99619DB133.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 72
Thanks for this. It has got me thinking. There was a grand jury convened for this indictment, correct? How long does it take to convene a grand jury?

Body Found Sunday 19th September
Autopsy results released Tueaday 21st September
Indictment filed with the court 22nd September

I would imagine for the GJ to find there was enough evidence to make the indictment, there must have been a determination that Gabby was dead at the given dates (30 August and 1 September).

My question is - if the body had been out in the open for a period of 3 weeks (+/- a few days), how did the coroner confirm the date of death within such a short time span?

Pure amateur speculation...

I feel like they kind of worked backwards in that they knew when the card was used and were prepared to go to the grand jury ASAP once the autopsy was done. I imagine a time of death could be estimated based on certain factors such as decomposition. But this is just my entirely amateur opinion only!

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito reported missing one month ago
last update 23 mins ago

Authorities have released pieces of information at a time in the month since Petito was reported missing, but much remains unknown.

Investigators searching the area in and around Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park discovered Petito’s remains on Sept. 19. They later identified her death as a homicide.

But officials have not yet said how she died.

As of Friday, Petito’s remains were still being held in Wyoming, where authorities have conducted autopsy examinations, a family spokesperson confirmed to Fox News.

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1447620097741398023?s=20

Note: just sharing the info; not saying I believe this theory in any way.
Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

·
3h

We asked some underground bunker building experts to weigh in on the garden hand theory.

Brian Laundrie search: Experts dissect garden bunker theory

Brian Laundrie is probably not hiding out in a bunker in his parents’ backyard, a pair of experts in the industry tell Fox News — but there’s a small chance there's one somewhere else on the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONF21772