Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think that no one would have seen Gabby the night of the 27th, all day and night of the 28 and all day of the 29th if she were alive during that time? With no phone and the keys to the van missing? Don't you think she would have asked for help, or at least borrowed someone's phone? I think he killed her on the evening of the 27th, maybe 6hours after the Merry Piglets hullabaloo, and that they probably fought about it all day. He was all bent out of shape and she was sad and embarrassed. jmo

What I've read so far points to her death occurring on the evening of the 28th. The van was then missing the next morning. But it's ALL speculation and based on potential sightings of Gabby on the 28th - completely unproven and unverified.

(I wonder if Gabby's parents ever read these threads and feel like chiming in or just shake their heads at how wrong (or right) all the speculation here is. Assuming they probably know more than we do. <modsnip> )

Last edited by a moderator:
Prior to the knowledge of the vans location, they thought that BL & GP were both missing because they hadn't heard from them in day's.
Yes and for some reason the Laudries chose not to answer the messages left by Gabby’s family expressing concern for both Gabby and Brian.
Why on earth would they not at least let her family know that their son was safe in Florida? Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to. MOO

Here's a copy of the warrant.
It states that from August 30 to about September 1 he used the device.

That could suggest he used other joint money or cash they had following a possible death date of August 27.
Or that he used it immediately after her death if we are to assume a date of death to be 29 August.
He drove into his hometown arriving at approximately 10am on September 1, possibly having driven all night.
#1 in United States v. Laundrie (D. Wyo., 0:21-cr-00113) – CourtListener.com
Thanks for this. It has got me thinking. There was a grand jury convened for this indictment, correct? How long does it take to convene a grand jury?

Body Found Sunday 19th September
Autopsy results released Tueaday 21st September
Indictment filed with the court 22nd September

I would imagine for the GJ to find there was enough evidence to make the indictment, there must have been a determination that Gabby was dead at the given dates (30 August and 1 September).

My question is - if the body had been out in the open for a period of 3 weeks (+/- a few days), how did the coroner confirm the date of death within such a short time span?

I don’t think it is that unusual, there are many cases where this info is withheld for evidentiary purposes at trial, info only the perp would know or to contradict their story. In the Chris Watts case they did not release COD til after he pleaded and the case was closed. CW had said his wife strangled the girls but COD was suffocation, which he later confessed to.

What I've read so far points to her death occurring on the evening of the 28th. The van was then missing the next morning. But it's ALL speculation and based on potential sightings of Gabby on the 28th - completely unproven and unverified.

(I wonder if Gabby's parents ever read these threads and feel like chiming in or just shake their heads at how wrong (or right) all the speculation here is. Assuming they probably know more than we do. I wonder that because I think the Laundries have allies here defending them.)

I wouldn't be shocked if the attorney is reading here.

The day before Gabby was reported missing, the Petitos tried to contact the Laundries.

Two calls to the police from the Laundrie house were made that day. Three the following day.

I have to think those two facts are related. I wonder what happened to make the Laundries feel they needed police intervention. And whether it contributed to Brian running.

Three 911 calls 'were made from family home day Gabby was reported missing'

I just noticed that they indicate that a trial would take more than 5 days. That's a good indication that they have much more to present don't you all think?
Not really 'cos it only refers to the unauthorised use of the security device. It suggests they have hard evidence for that. But only that.

If you think about it, nothing has "happened" with this case since the day the autopsy results showed homicide, which I think was 9/22. Weeks ago. There's been lots of searching and whatnot since then, but nothing further has been released about Gabby's death or what subsequently happened to Brian. Nothing.

I think it's safe to say we are definitely in stalled territory here. jmo
In terms of what LE/FBI release to the press for public consumption, yes. There may be things going on behind the scenes, and we should take comfort from that, as another poster has noted.

On the other hand, though, that was said in the Delphi case and it’s going on 5 years now. :oops: And until something hits the headlines, you’re left with dead, heavy silence. I’m sure GP’s family is feeling a lot of frustration and anger. MOO.

Have no fear. We have no idea what the FBI is working on behind the scenes - reviewing surveillance footage, following tips, analyzing electronic data. They could even be searching physically in areas the press aren't looking. It is frustrating to have no updates, but I haven't given up hope yet :)

The case is not stalled. It's being worked on, but they don't have to tell the public what they're working on. I fully expect LE to find BL soon. I expect him to make a big mistake. He is the opposite of a criminal mastermind - he's a fool. Think about it - what kind of innocent person goes on the run after a murder? I total and utter idiot. So he's basically proven his guilt.
IMO

Prior to the knowledge of the vans location, they thought that BL & GP were both missing because they hadn't heard from them in day's.
Yes and for some reason the Laudries chose not to answer the messages left by Gabby’s family expressing concern for both Gabby and Brian.
Why on earth would they not at least let her family know that their son was safe in Florida? Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to. MOO

I just noticed that they indicate that a trial would take more than 5 days. That's a good indication that they have much more to present don't you all think?
I honestly don't know why a trial for bank fraud charges would take more than 5 days. My trial was 4 days and that was a complex trademark infringement case.

Thanks for this. It has got me thinking. There was a grand jury convened for this indictment, correct? How long does it take to convene a grand jury?

Body Found Sunday 19th September
Autopsy results released Tueaday 21st September
Indictment filed with the court 22nd September

I would imagine for the GJ to find there was enough evidence to make the indictment, there must have been a determination that Gabby was dead at the given dates (30 August and 1 September).

My question is - if the body had been out in the open for a period of 3 weeks (+/- a few days), how did the coroner confirm the date of death within such a short time span?
That is what we don't know for sure.
Insect activity is usually a pretty reliable source for determination. We discussed it extensively in the early threads after this was released.

Will the actual cause of death stay private until there's a trial, if there's a trial?

Sorry I should reword my question. How would the Petitos be concerned for both GP and BL when the van was at the Laundrie residence?

Because the Petito's didn't know the van was at the Laundries until LE told them on the 11th.

I'm confused now. I thought JP heard (but I don't recall how he knew) the van was back home and that's what prompted him to call LE for a welfare check on/around Sep. 10, which check didn't find GP at the L home but did confirm the van and either saw or was verbally told by the Ls that BL was back too, and so the Petitos responded by filing the missing person report.

Several folks have said that LE was who told the Petitos the van was back, so my question then is -- how did LE originally learn the van was back, if not from the Petitos? The Ls certainly didn't call LE to report that...

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member