Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: That other black part isn't the part the clip goes into? I don't know what to call it. <----(I can no longer quote that post so manually brought it over)

Could what's seen hanging out the top of the bag at both ends be BLs hiking bag? It's apparently what he was last seen wearing. You can clearly see one side of the clasp on the right side, I drew a red circle around the other end of the clasp on the left side in the event someone missed it against the dark background. I was Googling for BL fanny pack since that's what those clasps looked like to me. I was going to look at images to see if I could find him wearing a fanny pack which I have seen in the past (I recall that people made fun of it because it was worn off center). I instead landed on the article below. Not sure why the clasps would be hanging out the sides of the top of that rolled down bag through. Seems an odd way to carry a hiking bag off if that's what those are attached to. You'd think they'd be inside the white bag, not hanging out the top. Originally I thought those clasps were part of the white bag and couldn't figure out how you'd wear something like that. LOL I wish we had answers on what exactly we're seeing in that pic as I find it a tad confusing.

As per the linked MSM below, it says: "Investigators are still asking the public for help in locating Brian. They say he is a white male, 5-foot-8 and weighing 160 pounds. He has brown eyes, very short brown hair, trimmed facial hair, and was last seen wearing a hiking bag with a waist strap."

Source of pic: FBI will provide update after possible human remains found in manhunt for Brian LaundrieView attachment 318232
You're a genius!

I'm way behind so sorry if this has been brought up. In watching this video of them finding remains excuse me if I'm wrong. But, doesn't that look like a body with most of the legs missing under the white tent. I'm not saying this to be a smart *advertiser censored* or joking in anyway, but, it definetly looks like a butt/buttocks and upper body. Has anybody else seen this? Be sure to click right lower corner to maximize the video.

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie manhunt: FBI confirms unidentified human remains found, fugitive's backpack, notebook

EXCLUSIVE IMAGES OBTAINED BY FOX NEWS

Van-parents-bag-2.jpg

These items were found in an area that, up until recently, had been underwater.

Untitled-33.png

clear.gif
image.jpg

image.jpg

Our evidence response team is on scene using all available forensic resources to process the area," said Michael McPherson, special agent in charge of the FBI's Tampa division. "It's likely the team will be on scene for several days."

The FBI's announcement came hours after it was revealed that "some articles belonging to Brian were found" while his parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, and law enforcement were searching within the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, along a trail that their son was known to frequent.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that they subsequently responded to the area at the law enforcement's request. A senior law enforcement source told Fox News' David Spunt at the time that "what appear to be human remains" were found at a site being searched by a cadaver dog within the park.

As of Wednesday, the park was closed to the public, having reopened only Tuesday following a weeks-long search for the fugitive.

The Laundries, who have claimed their son went to Myakkahatchee on Sept. 13, the day he was last seen, left their North Port home just before 7:15 a.m. local time for the environmental park. At the park, two men in hiking gear – including at least one who later identified himself as a law enforcement officer – began trailing behind them. The Laundries and one of the men appeared to discuss a discovery before the parents left the park, which was subsequently closed to media and the public.

During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.

On their way out of the park, the couple made a phone call and then received a call.

Exclusive video obtained by Fox News Digital shows the Laundries and the law enforcement officer huddling and speaking as the officer appears to show the couple an unknown discovery. The officer appeared to tell the parents: "I think we might have found something." The officer could be seen patting Chris Laundrie's shoulder as he huddled with the couple.

The couple left the park at 8:45 a.m. The Laundries returned home shortly thereafter and appeared emotional when confronted by protesters there.

"These items were found in an area that, up until recently, had been underwater. Our evidence response team is on scene using all available forensic resources to process the area," said Michael McPherson, special agent in charge of the FBI's Tampa division. "It's likely the team will be on scene for several days."

He also identified Laundrie specifically as "a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito."

McPherson is no stranger to the case, as he was seen on Sept. 20 at the Laundrie's North Port home as agents executed a search warrant.

The FBI's announcement came hours after it was revealed that "some articles belonging to Brian were found" while his parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, and law enforcement were searching within the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, along a trail that their son was known to frequent.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that they subsequently responded to the area at the law enforcement's request. A senior law enforcement source told Fox News' David Spunt at the time that "what appear to be human remains" were found at a site being searched by a cadaver dog within the park.

As of Wednesday, the park was closed to the public, having reopened only Tuesday following a weeks-long search for the fugitive.

The Laundries, who have claimed their son went to Myakkahatchee on Sept. 13, the day he was last seen, left their North Port home just before 7:15 a.m. local time for the environmental park. At the park, two men in hiking gear – including at least one who later identified himself as a law enforcement officer – began trailing behind them. The Laundries and one of the men appeared to discuss a discovery before the parents left the park, which was subsequently closed to media and the public.

During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.

On their way out of the park, the couple made a phone call and then received a call.

Exclusive video obtained by Fox News Digital shows the Laundries and the law enforcement officer huddling and speaking as the officer appears to show the couple an unknown discovery. The officer appeared to tell the parents: "I think we might have found something." The officer could be seen patting Chris Laundrie's shoulder as he huddled with the couple.

The couple left the park at 8:45 a.m. The Laundries returned home shortly thereafter and appeared emotional when confronted by protesters there.
I don’t totally understand how this is BL’s favorite spot if it was under water a month or 2 ago? And it wouldn’t make sense to say the water “washed” the remains to that spot if that is where the parents headed to look. So, his favorite part is in the middle of an area that would have been flooded when he went there? Or he went for a swim while hiking? I’m slightly confused. Hopefully LE releases some more information as time goes on. JMO.

I would be interested to know what might have attracted him to the location he liked!

I am struggling a bit to know where they are right now but there is a Publix Super Market near there (according to Google Maps). Maybe he knew where to get food that was thrown out each day)? Does anyone know which Publix BL worked at?

Does anyone know the legal definition between POI and suspect because from what I’ve heard on the news it actually isn’t much different. JMO

"suspect" means they suspect you did it. "POI" could be a possible suspect, or accomplice, or witness... broader. Maybe a relative or friend of a possible suspect, some one who received stolen property, or knew some one who knew something.... received or found a weapon... they want to question a POI, but not saying exactly why, IMO.

What does it tell you exactly?

In this instance, he will always be officially labelled as a POI, correct, and not a suspect or ever convicted as the murderer even though they know, we know, and everyone else knows he did it? That's hard to reconcile.

BBM
  1. 'They know'. You don't know they know. They've never stated this. He would be a suspect or even a target if this were the case.
  2. 'We know'. You certainly don't speak for me, and if by 'we' you mean all WS members then I'm sure you certainly don't speak for all of them either.
  3. 'Everyone else knows he did it'. A completely baseless statement not of any fact whatsoever. You can't possibly claim to know what everyone else knows.

I was just thinking the exact same thing! I would love to hear the logic for that.

I don't think that LE ever stopped looking and were probably waiting for dryer conditions so they could bring other people in, the Laundries, the public, anyone who might help find something. I really doubt they were completely done in there.

Re: That other black part isn't the part the clip goes into? I don't know what to call it. <----(I can no longer quote that post so manually brought it over)

Could what's seen hanging out the top of the bag at both ends be BLs hiking bag? It's apparently what he was last seen wearing. You can clearly see one side of the clasp on the right side, I drew a red circle around the other end of the clasp on the left side in the event someone missed it against the dark background. I was Googling for BL fanny pack since that's what those clasps looked like to me. I was going to look at images to see if I could find him wearing a fanny pack which I have seen in the past (I recall that people made fun of it because it was worn off center). I instead landed on the article below. Not sure why the clasps would be hanging out the sides of the top of that rolled down bag through. Seems an odd way to carry a hiking bag off if that's what those are attached to. You'd think they'd be inside the white bag, not hanging out the top. Originally I thought those clasps were part of the white bag and couldn't figure out how you'd wear something like that. LOL I wish we had answers on what exactly we're seeing in that pic as I find it a tad confusing.

As per the linked MSM below, it says: "Investigators are still asking the public for help in locating Brian. They say he is a white male, 5-foot-8 and weighing 160 pounds. He has brown eyes, very short brown hair, trimmed facial hair, and was last seen wearing a hiking bag with a waist strap."

Source of pic: FBI will provide update after possible human remains found in manhunt for Brian LaundrieView attachment 318232
Those are to buckle the white dry bag. You roll up the top part and then clasp those black parts together. See picture here as an example: Outdoor Products 20L Dry Bag | Big 5 Sporting Goods

And there's also a video of CL when he found the bag. I don't understand why did he walk away with the bag and didn't ask for LE assistance?

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie's parents search Florida park near North Port home

MOO JMO

I'm way behind on these threads, and someone may have already said this, but in this video it looks like CL knows exactly where to go to look for BL. Why there? And RL is kind of just standing around on the path. Did they know that this was his 'special place' in the reserve where he liked to go and hang out? MOO

I believe the Ls really made some huge mistakes at the beginning on the advice of their attorney and it hampered the investigation into BL.
Sadly, Gabby was already gone by then.
The Ls were never in a position to save her.

jmho
I agree about Gabby. But they could have provided some solace to GP's family by holding their son accountable and cooperating on the very day he was gone. Remember, LE had already repeatedly phoned them and had visited the home (Dr. Phil in media thread). The Laundries knew LE was interested in their son. They had hired an attorney at minimum a week before they saw fit to report him missing. This we know from the previous threads and press conferences of josh taylor divulging to the public that they were met at the door with a piece of paper with atty contact info. So, I agree they couldn't save her life at that point. But I disagree that they couldn't lessen the impact of what must be severe (IMO intentional) infliction of emotional distress on GP's family. MOO

I would be interested to know what might have attracted him to the location he liked!

I've not yet been to Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park so I cannot speak for the area.

I have spent considerable time in Carlton Reserve and nearby Deer Prairie Creek as well as Sleeping Turtles North which is near Carlton Reserve, and Sleeping Turtles South, right next to I-75

Attached is a sample of what is at Sleeping Turtles South, nestled in a swamp by the Myakka River.

Attachments

• sleepingturtles 001.jpg
    sleepingturtles 001.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 110
I agree.
They really have contributed to this outcome and they truly are actually accountable for it.
They could have saved his life in so many ways.
Too many to reiterate, we all know .

It is still a tragedy. The kind of tragedy that always evokes the depths of compassion and sorrow for those left grieving and I share that too.

But, there is simply nobody else to blame. They could have saved his life. They did not. That will be a heavy cross for them to carry if they face the truth of their situation.
They may.

That's exactly what I think. They were not well advised.

Nice--I'm from Canada so it's quite foreign to me! But another poster explained there's birds & meadows etc., & that definitely sounds nice.
I am also a Canadian and have been to Myakka River State Park, which has areas I imagine are somewhat similar to the area BL was found. While at the park we took what we thought would be a short hike to a geocache. We ended up in swampy, muddy areas with obvious signs of wild boar foraging, big cat paw prints, and saw a few smallish gators, vultures, eagles and other birds of prey in the air and in trees. We couldn't follow the path due to swampy areas all over so our hike was much longer than the advertised 35 minutes. We turned around when the big cat paw prints were plentiful and appeared fresher.

Some people on here have mentioned the fact several times that this was a homicide not a murder as murder is a legal term. I shared what I shared because I thought it was relevant, I always thought it was murder, but technically it’s a homicide not a murder or manslaughter until court I believe I’ve been told, so because he said that it’s quite significant. I’ve said I wish I hadn’t shared it because it’s getting a little overwhelming. MOO
I wasn't trying to make you uncomfortable Claire, I'm so sorry if I did. I just thought that homicide by manual strangulation is murder since strangling someone is not as quick a death as say gunshot, stabbing or bludgeoning so the thinking about what you're doing to another human being is a more premeditated act of murder. AJMO Again I apologize sincerely if I caused you to be upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get