Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Miami a few years ago visiting family and one afternoon sitting in the backyard I noticed one vulture, shortly after there were 3 of them just circling. I have no idea what was on the ground, but I definitely understood what that man was saying. The reserve IMO is far different than a neighborhood of homes.

As far as dogs, they are excellent in finding those odors. However, I believe the dogs weren't being used in the area where those remains were found yesterday. Last week when Diesel was running around searching he found nothing and I don't know where in the reserve he was in. jmo
This is what I'm trying to nail down. Exactly when were the cadaver dogs introduced? I know regular search dogs were present from the beginning, but exactly when did cadaver dogs arrive on the scene? I can't find an exact date for that. They may not have been used at all in the beginning stages of the search or used in that general area at all. The initial video of Diesel was miles from where the remains were located.

I can't find video or any articles that mention cadaver dogs at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, just the Carlton Reserve.

I do not think the L's had any knowledge or helped BL. I think he came home, told a story about a bad break up. I believe he told them if GP or her parents called to ignore it and stay out of it. I find it very believable that they had no idea whose name the van was in. I don't ask my adult children questions like that and two of them live with me at the moment. I tend to mind my own business with my adult children. As far as his remains being found "all of a sudden", that area was under water. I will refer back to the Caylee Anthony case. That area was flooded too. She was found only after the water receded. People keep saying the L's aren't cooperating. How does anyone know what they have or have not told investigators? Just because they aren't talking to the media and the rabid protesters doesn't mean they aren't telling LE everything they know. I may be in the minority here, but, I feel sorry for them. JMO
I'll join you in the minority, if that's what it is. This is exactly what I have believed from the start. BL's parents don't strike me as any kind of criminal, much less masterminds as some have speculated. Humans are messy and unpredictable and this case just emphasizes that. I think his parents did what they could within the law. I believe once the Petito family started calling, they became suspicious and got the truth (or nearly) from Brian and then their nightmare began.

Was it a mistake not talking to Gabby's family? I don't know, maybe they were trying to convince him to turn himself in and he begged for one more hike in nature before he was imprisoned. Nothing the Laundries could say to the Petitos could help their daughter, but maybe they could still help their son. What parent wouldn't? Especially if he threatened suicide which I suspect is likely.

I won't believe the Laundries broke any laws without proof. They deserve their time to grieve.

I know it is common to call suicides “cowardice” but that type of language prevents suicidal people from getting help or calling hotlines.

it is much more complex.
I agree. I do think when most people say that, they are more so referring to the person not wanting to face what they did - like that small portion. Not saying I agree or disagree, but that’s what I’ve kinda gathered. However, they should choose a different word or clarify what they are talking about. Bc like you said, it’s much more complex & could keep someone from getting help.

Feel you on calling them buzzards lol that’s what we call them here in south Alabama haha! I agree that most of the time they are in on the ground or roosted. However, I know from hunting, they will circle something beforehand.
Yep, they absolutely do circle and I've seen them do that (the only time they look somewhat graceful haha) but most of the time I don't see them circling for very long.

Brian Laundrie's parents 'may have already spilled the secrets of Gabby Petito's murder to the FBI' | Daily Mail Online

“Former FBI agent Stuart Kaplan told DailyMail.com: 'I do believe that there was some sort of agreement where they accepted immunity in exchange for their full cooperation”. The article goes on to explain a bit more and rehash the past info on the case.

I did not bold the above, it was bolded by news. Article is interesting. May have some merit. Yes, I know it’s from DM. Still I can see the Laundries reaching a deal if they had held back info or gave false info. Everything is strange about this case. That’s why the media and public are so interested in it. All the strange happenings. Moo

Their silence saids a lot even if their attorney is trying to take the blame for them not making any statements. To not even give their sympathies way in the beginning when Gabby was missing…..saids a lot to me. JMOO

and we wait….for DNA results, is it or is it not BL?

Definitely interesting, but I wonder since he is a "former" agent, if he is just speculating based on past cases, or if he knows something specific about this case? MOO

I do feel sorry for them. They have lost a child too.

But, I don't believe they knew nothing.
I understand your perspective of minding your own business with your adult children. But I don't think that's true for all families especially since the couple lived at their home and were very young.

What I don't understand is the when the police was at the door, they had a lawyer ready. I mean, he is their friend but won't they need his permission before taking up any case.
Even if they didn't know about the van, there are still many red flags. If he told parents to ignore, wouldn't they have atleast looked at the texts or voice messages? It's so bizarre that they ignored all calls like some military order.

I am not going to judge the Laundries. I am going to let the LE decide whether they are involved or not.
Ita.
I'm also letting LE handle this.
The Petito's still deserve to have their questions answered.
We don't need to know everything, but Gabby's family should at least have some answers.

Have to add -- and a bit tongue in cheek -- that I hope LE can ascertain if the Laundrie parents knew anything that they should have come forward with ; and that LE do a better job than they did at finding Brian's items and his remains when it took the L. parents less than 45 minutes to find evidence !

Caveat : But maybe, just maybe LE were somehow misled ??
And if so, LE aren't going to be very happy about that.
IF
this is the case, the parents may be chewing on that for a while.
LE aren't going to ignore it and I don't think the investigation is finished.
Plus the cost of the search starting the 13th or 14th ?
Who is going to foot the bill if LE were not told the entire truth ?
MOO

I thought Brian said neither he nor Gabby "took" medications for anxiety.

I've seen this repeated here several times recently so I want to make sure, does anyone have any proof Brian had been prescribed medication for anxiety or another reason which he should have been taking, but was not?

To my knowledge, the only thing we have is BL's statements* that seem to indicate a doctor told him to take something, but that he didn't because of side effects. I don't think we have anything more specific or definite than that. MOO

*edit - statements in the bodycam video

To my knowledge, the only thing we have is BL's statements that seem to indicate a doctor told him to take something, but that he didn't because of side effects. I don't think we have anything more specific or definite than that. MOO
I think that maybe it was implied that he was prescribed something, but didn't take it. There is definitely a difference between those two words and how they are presented - take that for what it is.

To my knowledge, the only thing we have is BL's statements that seem to indicate a doctor told him to take something, but that he didn't because of side effects. I don't think we have anything more specific or definite than that. MOO

So, he could have any diagnosis, really... or maybe even "none", as maybe he was just speaking about things he had heard from other people who take medications... thanks for confirmation.

when he said that the parents last saw BL on the 14th and then came back and said it was the 13th, for starters
If they were asked a date as in a number, that would make sense that they could have botched that, but if it was a date as in a day, that's cause for concern. I have no idea what they were actually asked so I couldn't tell you if this is hinky or a genuine mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member