Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all becomes clear! How is this not more well known? Moo.

The white shorts while "roughing it" always puzzled me. Gabby frequently mentioned dirty feet and keeping the van clean. How did she manage to always look so clean and neat, wearing white shorts in a rugged environment? I didn't get the impression that they were always near comfort facilities when they were camping.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Not to mention that the white shorts were from "candid" footage so to speak - the bodycam footage was certainly not staged for SM posting.

I am in no way judging them for not especially roughing it on this trip - I certainly would have been in hotels the whole way! But it seems very plain to me that they, or at least she, was not actually camping out doors very much on this trip. Depending on how much $ they saved up in advance, staying in hotels and so forth may have contributed to any money stresses that were building between them. MOO - just speculating.

Edit - to be fair, the Moab footage was taken after they had spent the day at the cafe or whatever it was in Moab. She may have cleaned up there, or cleaned up before going. Still, I think overall she was in hotels or lodges a lot.

Last edited:
Then why did they consider themselves to be Nomads? They were on a vacation as I see it. (although the way I see things seems to be quite objectionable, so, feel free to roll on by)! JMO
You can live a nomadic lifestyle without being a nomad. Just sayin.:D

I am just wondering why Gabby and Brian never had a tan. The photos that I have seen, neither appeared to look like they were outside all day.
Even with sunscreen you still can get a tan.

I certainly do not want to sound ignorant, I am just wondering why they did not even have a light tan.

Thank you in advance for your help I have been wondering this for a while.
If you look at Gabby's instagram pictures, she definately has a tan.

But.......they packed up and left.Florida for an Indefinite amount of time! They were.living on. The road!!!!
Its just.my opinion her.mom a d NY LE needed.to.do the MP R!
Just.my opinion
They had an end date. They were traveling for 4 months. I think it was suppose to end on Halloween. ETA, they might have wanted to extend it, but it's not like it was going to last forever.

Not to mention that the white shorts were from "candid" footage so to speak - the bodycam footage was certainly not staged for SM posting.

I am in no way judging them for not especially roughing it on this trip - I certainly would have been in hotels the whole way! But it seems very plain to me that they, or at least she, was not actually camping out doors very much on this trip. Depending on how much $ they saved up in advance, staying in hotels and so forth may have contributed to any money stresses that were building between them. MOO - just speculating.

I've never been camping and, in fact, I'm not much of an outdoor person. For me, "roughing it" is spending a couple of weeks in a cabin on a cruise ship :D Even with a balcony, there's not a whole lot of room in a typical stateroom that seems crowded with just two people. The bathrooms are miniscule, closet/storage space is limited, and it's difficult to stay out of each other's way. I do my best to tolerate the compact surroundings for the duration of the trip, but I am always glad to get home where there is more space and the usual comforts at home. I would be a total flunkie at camping :oops:

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Yes I realise - also from the Moab stop GP has an under 21 licence, would she not need to have updated that as she was 22 at the time of the stop?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason the question of her residency even was an issue was because SOME agency was needed to declare her a missing person and start looking for her and getting tips. Quibbling about what her plans were didn't solve the problem of needing for a search to be started immediately. And majoring in minors about her documentation for legal residency wasn't important then and certainly isn't now. JUST MY OPINION

Edit - to be fair, the Moab footage was taken after they had spent the day at the cafe or whatever it was in Moab. She may have cleaned up there, or cleaned up before going. Still, I think overall she was in hotels or lodges a lot.
For what it's worth, she always looked clean and put together in every single photo and video I've ever seen of her, whether camping, relaxing at home, traveling, working on the van. She mentioned having used the public showers in Moab the previous day when the officer suggested that she go there. I think she just was naturally put-together looking and probably did laundry and showered frequently. I think she also camped and hiked. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member