GUILTY SD - Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg, involved in fatal car hit and run, Sioux Falls, Sept 2020 *plea *Impeached*

You can't make this stuff up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/09/29/south-dakota-ag-review-kristi-noem-daughter/

"South Dakota’s attorney general is reviewing a controversial meeting that Gov. Kristi L. Noem (R) organized for her daughter and the state employee charged with leading the agency that moved to deny her application to become a certified real estate appraiser, which prompted allegations of abuse of power among some state lawmakers.

“I have been contacted by concerned citizens and legislators,” the state’s attorney general, Jason Ravnsborg, told the Associated Press in a statement Tuesday. “I am actively reviewing their concerns and I will be following the steps prescribed in codified law in relation to those questions.”

It’s not clear what steps Ravnsborg plans to take and his office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Washington Post."​

NEW: JR Settles with Boever Widow

https://kelo.com/2021/09/29/boevers-widow-ag-ravnsborg-settle-wrongful-death-lawsuit/

BREAKING

"SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO.com) — Joe Boever’s widow Jenny has settled her wrongful death lawsuit with Attorney General.

That’s according to her lawyer, Matthew Tysdal, from Sioux Falls.

The settlement terms are not disclosed.

Tysdal tells KELO.com News that “The parties will not have further comment, and Mrs. Boever requests that her privacy be respected going forward.”

Ravnsborg struck and killed Boever while Boever was walking on the shoulder of the highway at night in Hyde County last September."

Question: How does this affect the impeachment "consideration," if at all???

https://www.abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/south-dakota-attorney-general-widow-ink-deal-fatal-80309271

“Matthew Tysdal, an attorney for Jenny Boever, and Mike Deaver, spokesman for Ravnsborg, confirmed the settlement but would not reveal any terms. Tysdal said neither he nor his client would have any further comment.

“They have reached a settlement with the insurance company and Mr. Ravnsborg,” Deaver told The Associated Press. “It happened fairly quickly. So there won't be any kind of civil suits or anything else, as it was an accident.”

But…if it was an actual no-fault accident, which I think the lawyer is trying to imply, then the insurance company (I assume it’s the AG’s insurance company being referred to here) wouldn’t have settled, would they?

Dang ya'll know I wanted to see allllll the dirty laundry!!!

My best to Mrs. Boever & all who care about her family.

jmho ymmv lrr

Interesting. Well, we can't judge other folks. Honestly, if Mr. Mickey was run down like that, and left to die...because, maybe the victim was alive after being hit, this was really like a "hit and run"...it really makes no sense that no one checked to see what the AG hit...there seems to have been a lot of the "rest of the story" missed in this "investigation".

Anyway, I would have torn up any check. Just my personal self. Forget it. I would have wanted everything out. Sounds like a sweetheart, back door deal, that her "attorney" sold her, so he would get paid faster.

No. Sorry, I am sure that the legal profession is filled with people who have the highest ethical and moral standards. The attorney was just helping his client. Condolences.

@realanastasia or @ Bodhi , start a thread for Charlie Gerow's episode!

Helps to make sure Pennsylvania voters know.

Mr. Laughing rides motorcycles, currently 4 in our garage, he takes motorcycle vacations with riding buddies, I already have trouble sleeping while they are out of town & now THIS!

jmho ymmv lrr

What the…? Is this, like, the hip new thing, for politicians to engage in vehicular homicide and then claim ignorance?! I guess we’re gonna need a new thread for this turkey:

Police report says candidate was sideswiped in fatal crash

What?

Even though the victim ended up on the hood of his car?

To be somewhat fair, the Penna Turnpike is a turnpike. The exits are far apart and it's an older highway, so shoulders are small and almost non-existent in some areas. There are turnout spots every couple of miles where there is room to pull over if you're having trouble.

I ran into this problem several years ago on the Turnpike in the midst of a series of very heavy rainstorms. Visibility was almost zero, strong winds blowing branches across the highway, I had to slow down as safely as possible until I came to one of those turnout spots. It was scary.

What?

Even though the victim ended up on the hood of his car?

To be somewhat fair, the Penna Turnpike is a turnpike. The exits are far apart and it's an older highway, so shoulders are small and almost non-existent in some areas. There are turnout spots every couple of miles where there is room to pull over if you're having trouble.

I ran into this problem several years ago on the Turnpike in the midst of a series of very heavy rainstorms. Visibility was almost zero, strong winds blowing branches across the highway, I had to slow down as safely as possible until I came to one of those turnout spots. It was scary.

Update: I just read another article about this incident and it stated the guy didn't pull over until the state highway patrol came up with lights and sirens and made him pull over. Good grief. These bigwigs must have classes their attorneys put on for them to coach them on what to do to evade responsibility. Of course, the attorney is usually the first person they call, too, before 911.

Sheriff Mike Volek, who responded to AG Ravnsborg’s 911 call Sept 12, 2020, died. He was 69. Despite his 22 years of experience as sheriff, he never looked for the “deer” or tested JR for alcohol the night Joseph Boever, 55, lay by the side of the mowed shoulder, dead or dying from the impact of the Attorney General’s car.
https://www.newscenter1.tv/hyde-county-sheriff-who-responded-to-ravnsborgs-fatal-crash-dies/
Hyde County Sheriff who responded to Ravnsborg’s fatal crash dies - KNBN NewsCenter1

Sheriff Mike Volek, who responded to AG Ravnsborg’s 911 call Sept 12, 2020, died. He was 69. Despite his 22 years of experience as sheriff, he never looked for the “deer” or tested JR for alcohol the night Joseph Boever, 55, lay by the side of the mowed shoulder, dead or dying from the impact of the Attorney General’s car.
Hyde County Sheriff who responded to Ravnsborg’s fatal crash dies - KNBN NewsCenter1

Volek also lent Ravnsborg his personal vehicle following the crash.

The details of Volek’s death have yet to be released.

South Dakota sheriff who responded to fatal crash involving AG Ravnsborg has died

Special session for impeachment hearings set for next week
Both chambers of the South Dakota Legislature approved petitions in 2021 to begin impeachment proceedings against Ravnsborg, and a special session to begin the process is set for Nov. 9. The House of Representatives has appointed a nine-member panel to investigate the case; if the House panel votes in favor of impeachment, a majority of the full House must vote in favor of impeachment for the case to proceed. If it does, Ravnsborg would be suspended from office and the Senate would then serve as a jury in the case, with a two-thirds majority of the Senate required to remove Ravnsborg from office. South Dakota has never before undertaken the impeachment of a sitting elected statewide official. …before trial, Ravnsborg’s attorney raised the possibility that Boever was suicidal and had thrown himself in front of Ravnsborg’s car. Nemec [Boever’s cousin] was also upset that Ravnsborg was cited for driving 57 mph in a 35-mph zone in Pierre just before sentencing and has a history of moving violations on his driving record. Nemec said. “He’s shown disregard for the laws of the state, and he’s gotten special treatment that would not be afforded to any other defendant, so he should be impeached on the facts at hand.” …Card [professor] cautioned the public not to expect a quick resolution to the impeachment process, which he said is new to lawmakers and could easily extend into the 2022 legislative session.

Ravnsborg was elected to his 4 year term in 2018, so 1 yr remaining. Idk how the timing, going forward might impact his state-funded retirement benefits. If he stalls until Nov 2022 election (possible?), or 2023 end of term, will he be able to retain those bennies?

His no contest plea was entered, fine set (idk if paid), no jail time. Wrongful death suit with Boever’s widow settled out of court. SD citizens want him out. So do I! I hope this process gets underway & he’s gone soon. Moo
Poll shows strong public support for removal of Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg

Is it just me, or does the sheriff's unfortunate passing at this moment seem highly suspicious?

I'm sure JR did not have a hand in it... or should I say a windshield in it. But how convenient that one of the eye-witnesses to the scene of the crash that night is now deceased.

Where is the tow-truck driver and does he have security?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back