Found Safe CA - Lateche Norris, 20, had a fight with bf, new to the area, San Diego, 5 Nov 2021 *At-Risk*

Also to note from the article:

Norris came to San Diego to help her boyfriend after he left a rehab facility and was forced into living on the street, according to Walker. The couple had a disagreement before Walker's last conversation with her daughter, and Walker says there have been domestic violence incidents in the past.
I wonder how her traveling to CA would even be helpful, given that bf had no place to stay.

I wonder if Lateche has ever struggled with drugs. In no way do I want to accuse her of this without evidence, but if she has, it could explain LE's refusal to label her as endangered, I suppose. I personally do not see a good outcome for this case, but it's interesting that LE seems to.

Understandably terrified. o_O:(

Also noting:

Walker said she got a ransom demand phone call that she later realized was fake. She was unhappy with SDPD's response when she brought it to their attention.

She said she wasn't able to reach the Missing Persons Unit, so she contacted dispatchers. Walker said dispatchers told her they couldn't help, and that she would have to leave a voicemail with the MPU.

"That sent me through the roof. I said, ‘For a ransom demand for my missing daughter, you want me to leave a voicemail?’ I had left five voicemails. It had been four or five days before I heard from anyone," Walker said. So, she called the FBI.
Shaking my head over that response, that may come back to bite them in the butt :(

I wonder if it might help to lodge a missing persons complaint in Indiana. Get someone interested in this and get them to call in the FBI. This is absolutely absurd that the police in that area are disinterested.

Also to note from the article:

Norris came to San Diego to help her boyfriend after he left a rehab facility and was forced into living on the street, according to Walker. The couple had a disagreement before Walker's last conversation with her daughter, and Walker says there have been domestic violence incidents in the past.

Interesting, especially in light of this quote from her mother -

Norris and her boyfriend, who grew up in California, moved to Santa Cruz over the summer. Both were seeking employment as tattoo artists, a burgeoning career for Norris. She returned home to Indiana for Halloween weekend, and then flew to San Diego to meet up with her boyfriend.

"We didn’t love the idea of Teche going so far away," Norris (sic) - I assume this is supposed to be Walker, not Norris here - told Dateline. "But California was the dream for her — an Indiana girl’s dream. So she went."

'Something is wrong': Woman goes missing after move to California

NOV 26, 2021
Family of missing Indiana woman distributes flyers throughout the South Bay - ChulaVistaToday.com

lateche-norris-missing.jpg;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000
259675122_288789749924954_5145619236443818613_n.jpg;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000

Flyers of a missing Indiana woman, Lateche Norris, are being hung county wide including San Diego, Chula Vista and Imperial Beach as her parents spent Thanksgiving attempting to locate her.

[...]

... According to Walker, Norris has a tattoo of an arrow on her left forearm, a 7-inch blade on her right calf, a dreamcatcher on her left shoulder blade and unknown words on her knuckles.

[...]

A Facebook page was created where locals assisted in distributing flyers and post potential leads on Norris’ location.

[...]

Did Lateche's parents disapprove of her boyfriend? Just wondering if after talking to her Mom about the fight they had, she made up her mind to stick with him. Could they be together and avoiding contact? That would be the best case scenario obviously.

I wonder how her traveling to CA would even be helpful, given that bf had no place to stay.

I wonder if Lateche has ever struggled with drugs. In no way do I want to accuse her of this without evidence, but if she has, it could explain LE's refusal to label her as endangered, I suppose. I personally do not see a good outcome for this case, but it's interesting that LE seems to.

My belief is that a homeless woman without means, young, beautiful, is even at a higher risk of harm if she used to be on drugs and relapsed. I totally support Lateche’s mother’s in her concern.

My belief is that a homeless woman without means, young, beautiful, is even at a higher risk of harm if she used to be on drugs and relapsed. I totally support Lateche’s mother’s in her concern.
I certainly don't disagree with you. I was trying to think of reasons why LE might not label Lateche as endangered. I personally think if any young person is missing for more than two weeks with no contact with family or friends and no social media usage, they're endangered.

I also found a booking for her in September. She spent two days in jail on Sept 28 and 29 for domestic battery, but according to her family she came home to visit without her boyfriend, so who did she batter? Is there an ex-boyfriend who may have followed her out to CA?
Inmate Detail - Norris, Lateche Serinity
Jail Log: Sept. 30

Hi! If you look at that Anderson, Indiana jail log link (Jail Log: Sept. 30), you can see that her BF is listed right above her.

• [Name of BF], 25, [Street address], Aptos, California. Booked 1:22 a.m. Tuesday, domestic battery.

• Lateche S. Norris , 19, [Street address], Anderson. Booked 1:39 a.m. Tuesday, domestic battery and failure to appear.

NOV 26, 2021
Indiana parents spend holiday in San Diego searching for missing daughter (fortwaynesnbc.com)
A Hoosier mother spending her Thanksgiving holiday in San Diego searching for her missing daughter says her daughter seemed frantic last time they spoke and fears her daughter is in over her head.

[...]

Norris came to San Diego to help her boyfriend after he left a rehab facility and was forced into living on the street, according to Walker. The couple had a disagreement before Walker’s last conversation with her daughter, and Walker says there have been domestic violence incidents in the past.

Norris was last seen at a 7-Eleven store at 222 Park Blvd. on Nov. 4, and last spoke to her mother on the phone the following day.

[...]

Walker said she filed a missing persons report with the San Diego Police Department Nov. 10. At this time, SDPD investigators don’t believe Norris is at risk.

[...]

Walker said Norris came to San Diego with only a backpack full of clothes. ...

[...]

She told Dateline Norris sent a photo on the night of Nov. 4 and she was wearing black leggings, a black sweatshirt, black with some white tennis shoes and carrying a black and white checkered backpack. ...

Norris and her boyfriend, Joseph “Joey” Smith, lived together in Santa Cruz over the summer. They are both aspiring tattoo artists.

Norris’ family and friends said they attempted to contact Smith, but calls and messages have gone unanswered.

“He made a lot of promises to her, and how he’s nowhere to be found,” said Whitney Sich, founder of the nonprofit, A Voice For The Voiceless.

missing-poster-lateche.jpg

Woman vanishes under mysterious circumstances in California | KLAS

Lateche's mother, CW, described her daughter as sounding frantic on the phone.
Lateche didn’t say why she didn’t have access to her own phone or elaborate on what the fight had been about but promised to call back her mother later that day.

W told local media that the couple had fallen out before, claiming there have been domestic violence incidents in the past.

“My daughter is just as important as Gabby Petito,” W wrote in a Facebook post, in reference to a vlogger who went missing during a road trip with her fiance Brian Laundrie in September and was later found murdered.
"How many times do we have to see a young girl go missing after fighting with her husband or boyfriend or significant other, and how often does it have to end in nothing positive, before we start taking this a little more serious?" she said.

JS reportedly isn't answering any of her calls or messages, despite appearing to be active on social media.

W added that she didn't want to unfairly implicate JS, whom she claimed has a criminal record that includes arson and vandalism.

W has also criticized the San Diego Police Department for not doing enough to find her daughter.
“[SDPD] chose to ignore the red flags and try to push a narrative that ‘we see this all the time,'” W wrote in a Facebook post.

Woman, 20, vanishes after 'frantic call' about boyfriend from a strange phone

This is heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona