MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could have sworn the car was reported as being white earlier?

The first info I saw about the car said a white Solo but that was when we first learned they were MIA. I thought it came from an LE tweet but I could be wrong. It was corrected to the black model very quickly.

If they're even still in that vehicle.

From one end of the spectrum to another :(

Shilling's family made the decision to donate his organs to Gift of Life, said David Jones, a McLaren spokesperson, and his body was kept on life support until the organs could be harvested.

Oxford High shooting: Justin Shilling organ donation to be honored

Working with the Oakland County Sheriff's Office, marshals are continuing an hours-long manhunt for the parents of Ethan Crumbley, the 15-year-old student who is accused of the Oxford High School shooting that killed four fellow students and injured seven others. The search for the couple comes hours after charges were pressed against them in connection with the incident.

US Marshals searching for James and Jennifer Crumbley

There should be options besides send him home or back to class. There was a detention room for in school suspensions when I went to high school. He could have been supervised without being in a normal classroom.

when my son was in HS he made an off the cuff remark to his GF that he should kill himself. She reported it to the school counselor who called me and had me take him to the hospital for an immediate evaluation. Our local hospital has an office specifically to deal with issues like this. The office is not marked and you would never know it was there if no one told you where it was. He couldn’t return to school until he was determined to not be a threat.

I would not be surprised if the school is sued and loses.
I am glad you took your son’s talk of suicide seriously. When children speak in this way, we HAVE to listen and err on the side of caution.

To be fair to the school, the nature of the drawing from how it was described, sounds more suicidal than homicidal. Why didn't the parents care that their son could be suicidal?

They obviously don't care that much about their son if they're more concerned about their charges than being there for him. I wonder if he knows that his parents are on the run and left him behind to fend for himself.

The behavior and texts of his mother in particular are outrageous.

It appears the classroom teacher or teachers who reported the ammunition search on the computer the day before the murders and the drawings on the day of the murder did exactly what should have been done.

Knowing the content of the search as well as of the drawing, and not immediately contacting either LE or the school safety officer/s to have the student's backpack, locker and possibly school bathroom searched for a weapon boggles the mind given the early warnings by the classroom teachers.

Therefore, school Admin should be held accountable as well imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member