Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we don't have evidence of insanity and some things we do know probably speak against it. But we don't know what's in LS's mental health records. Her last set of attorneys fought to keep those sealed, as I recall (and in particular her more recent Ft. Carson records.) So I don't think any of us can know if she has any sort of mental illness. But even if she does, and even if she really does have dissociative identity disorder, schizophrenia, bipolar, or any other chronic major mental illness (which is possible IMO), that doesn't automatically equate to legal insanity. That will be up to the jury to decide or to the judge if LS opts for a bench trial.

Re: calling her Ms. Stauch...I don't think a woman in the US can be legally forced to take her husband's name after marriage. I also don't think the law can force a woman to give up her husband's name after a divorce either. Legal documents have continued to be in her married name so I assume she's keeping it. In CO she could have opted to change it as part of the divorce proceedings. If she didn't, she have to file all kinds of legal papers to do it now. Probably not a priority even if she wanted to change it.
JMO

I don't object to her keeping her surname of Stauch. Many women do keep their married surnames after divorce (including myself for many years). But the defense attorney Tolini was quoted as calling her "Mrs. Stauch." (https://twitter.com/ubercandelaria/status/1492257771005169665?s=21)

The divorce was finalized months ago, she is no longer a married woman and the title "Mrs." no longer applies. She can call herself Ms. Stauch til the day she dies but she's no longer married to Gannon's dad and is no longer "Mrs. Stauch." I bet Al didn't appreciate the remark by Tolini.

She can still be called Mrs. Stauch if she chooses. She is no longer Mrs. Al Stauch. But, she can be Mrs. Tecia Stauch. The Mrs. Question from Emily Post

As galling as she is ( and she annoys the daylights out of me) she can keep her married name and title, she can plead not guilty by reason of insanity, and she can keep trying to control the world. At the end of the day, she is a murderer who killed Gannon out of some desire to destroy her ex and his family. We all should buckle up because we are in for a bumpy ride in this case. She will continue to throw stuff on the wall to see what sticks....it is just who she is and the court will continue to allow it as long as it is within her right to do so.

ETA: She was clearly unhappy in her life and probably didn't want to be married or responsible for these kids BUT she wanted it all to be her choice--- no one else's.

Last edited:
I don't object to her keeping her surname of Stauch. Many women do keep their married surnames after divorce (including myself for many years). But the defense attorney Tolini was quoted as calling her "Mrs. Stauch." (https://twitter.com/ubercandelaria/status/1492257771005169665?s=21)

The divorce was finalized months ago, she is no longer a married woman and the title "Mrs." no longer applies. She can call herself Ms. Stauch til the day she dies but she's no
longer married to Gannon's dad and is no longer "Mrs. Stauch." I bet Al didn't appreciate the remark by Tolini.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a legal bar to divorced and widowed women using the prefix Mrs.

While it apparently has existed much longer, maybe even back to the 1700's, the use of Ms. was popularized in the 1970's. And at that time all adult women-- married or not-- were encouraged to use it, particularly in the workplace. The thinking was one's marital status was nobody's business at work. And often being married--a Mrs.-- worked against women professionally as they were then seen as not really committed to their jobs. "Career women," the kind of people who got promoted and got raises, weren't married, after all. :) Plus, for many single women Miss was thought of as appropriate only for young girls (under 18) so they didn't want to use such an infantilizing title. (We've never made grown single men advertise their marital status by using "Master" a term that used to be used for young boys up to older adolescence.) For men, using Mr. sounds grown-up enough but doesn't reveal one's marital status. So using Ms. helped to equalize things.

I don't think I've ever thought of Ms. as the way women who are divorced must be addressed and maybe Tolini hasn't either. I'd fully expect him to keep using Mrs. if that's his habit. I don't think it was a slip of the tongue on his part.
JMO

Then Defense says they have an out of state expert that says she has psychosis.
Did,this expert advise that NGRI is her best bet?
^^rsbm

Actually, the out-of-state expert has not examined LS -- he simply opined psychosis was highly likely, and I questioned his basis for citing that opinion. Colorado statute requires LS first be examined by CMHIP before the 2nd opinion is obtained.

From the news link:

Stauch will be given an evaluation at the Colorado Mental Health Institute by a state doctor to determine if she was sane at the time of the alleged killing. If the state doctor finds her insane, prosecutors can decide to have her committed rather than stand trial, or she will stand trial and use insanity as a defense.

If she's found sane [by CMHIP], Stauch's defense attorneys will use their out-of-state expert to determine sanity; if that's the case, prosecutors will again decide to go to trial with the insanity defense or have her committed.

If both doctors find Stauch sane at the time of Gannon's death, the trial will move forward with her original "not guilty" plea restored.

The new development will delay Stauch's trial by several months

Attorneys change Letecia Stauch's plea to 'not guilty by reason of insanity' - KRDO

God, she's awful. :mad: I wonder what her daughter thinks of all this. I wonder if her case will EVER get to trial.

I hope the images of what she did to Gannon haunt her forever and drive her truly insane... But only after she's stood trial and been convicted. I don't know how his family can stand this. :(

God, she's awful. :mad: I wonder what her daughter thinks of all this. I wonder if her case will EVER get to trial.

I hope the images of what she did to Gannon haunt her forever and drive her truly insane... But only after she's stood trial and been convicted. I don't know how his family can stand this. :(
I can't help but think that LS family -- including her daughter may have encouraged her to explore the mental health impairment angle -- perhaps for some mutual self-preservation. They could then excuse her behavior in their own world while at the same time giving LS an out to enable her to keep in contact with them. I can't forget how they aided her in the getaway to Florida. JMO

Seen my share of broken halos
Folded wings that used to fly
They've all gone wherever they go
Broken halos that used to shine
Angels come down from the heavens
Just to help us on our way
Come to teach us, then they leave us
And they find some other soul to save
Don't go looking for the reasons
Don't go asking Jesus why
We're not meant to know the answers
They belong to the by and by
Source: LyricFind
https://youtu.be/sI0TeFf6uD8

Beautiful tribute to all souls taken before their time.
G-man will always be an Angel to so many of us and never forgotten.
{{{ hugs }}} to you, my friend.
Thanks for sharing this tonight.

Song is so perfect for Gannon.

While we aren’t meant to know the answers, the why, the what, justice will still be served! Sometimes there is no answer to the pain, just justice! That will be our answer! Go Sonic! Never forgotten!

Last edited:
hello friends.. took me awhile to locate this thread!

my apologies for attempting to bring up something previously discussed thoroughly... way too many threads for me to go back and search.

Has it ever been figured out what exactly Leticia was trying to do at the petco for those two stops? was she hiding Gannon's phone so her route couldn't be traced? waiting for him to pass in the car (she was pacing around right)? Didn't she purchase 3+ dog jackets, were they ever found?

I am wondering if she had been poisoning him and that is what happened to the carpet, and if she thought she gave him a lethal dose before the car ride.

it's all been bugging my brain.

hello friends.. took me awhile to locate this thread!

my apologies for attempting to bring up something previously discussed thoroughly... way too many threads for me to go back and search.

Has it ever been figured out what exactly Leticia was trying to do at the petco for those two stops? was she hiding Gannon's phone so her route couldn't be traced? waiting for him to pass in the car (she was pacing around right)? Didn't she purchase 3+ dog jackets, were they ever found?

I am wondering if she had been poisoning him and that is what happened to the carpet, and if she thought she gave him a lethal dose before the car ride.

it's all been bugging my brain.

I’ll check the arrest affidavit later but I don’t think we know much other than she made those stops. She entered the stores and he did not, to my recollection. The poisoning would make sense - she must have been angry when it didn’t work and she had to return home for sister’s return from school.

I don’t think it was poison, though - I think she accidentally went too far the night before. By early morning, she realized just how badly she beat him and couldn’t send him to school. All that driving was a way to buy time and formulate a plan.

But she had to return home. And once inside, Gannon probably said something that made her fly into a rage. He ran to safety of his bed. She beat him and then shot him.

JMO. (And it should be obvious that I’m not blaming Gannon for triggering her rage). The driving, the stores, the phone, the searches on his device - those are the panicked actions of someone who knows she has a limited amount of time to cover her bases with disposal, clean-up, and alibi.

Per arrest affidavit #36-45, she made a purchase at N. Nevada Ave PetCo at 11:22am. This PetCo is appx 30min from the house. There was nothing from appx 11:22am to 1:21/1:22pm, when she made a second purchase at that same PetCo. (AS texted Gannon’s phone at 12:06pm, but that text wasn’t answered until 1:21pm).

I don’t think there’s any question as to what she purchased - affidavit notes video and purchase receipts. But the location of Gannon’s phone isn’t clear - was it with him or was it with her in the store? (I’m assuming he was in the car while she was in the store - all we know from affidavit is that there’s no footage of him).

The search on Gannon’s phone was made at 1:43pm. They returned home around 2:20pm but her phone (her phone was left at home) wasn’t unlocked until 2:45pm. Sister got home around 3:15pm.

DocumentCloud

Do we know whether LE was able to track his phone? That would give better idea of where they were for those 3hrs (from 11:22am purchase #1 to arriving home at 2:20pm).

Attachments

• 7C318FC2-5F03-4967-B708-B307E525CCEF.jpeg
    7C318FC2-5F03-4967-B708-B307E525CCEF.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 7
The hearing scheduled for March 17 has been moved to April 14.

https://twitter.com/catsilvertv/status/1504109897432117256?s=21

****HEARING MOVED TO APRIL****

A woman accused of killing her own step son was scheduled to appear in El Paso County Court tomorrow morning. The docket now shows that hearing for #LeteciaStauch is set for April 14, 3:00pm.

cc: @Niner

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Ugh. 2 years and still no end in sight. This is gonna be one of “those” cases.

I just got a jury summons for April 20. I think I can safely say this case won’t be on the docket for that date.

The hearing scheduled for March 17 has been moved to April 14.

https://twitter.com/catsilvertv/status/1504109897432117256?s=21

****HEARING MOVED TO APRIL****

A woman accused of killing her own step son was scheduled to appear in El Paso County Court tomorrow morning. The docket now shows that hearing for #LeteciaStauch is set for April 14, 3:00pm.

cc: @Niner

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search
Darn---I actually came to this thread because I had marked on my calendar that there was a hearing scheduled tomorrow. OK, next month it is, Leticia....see ya there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic