CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

I agree it almost has to be someone connected to the party. Likely someone came back... But another possibility: it could be someone who was a bit 'late' for the party only showing up after 3 am for the first time (for whatever reason) assuming/hoping the party was still going on but instead found Maddy there alone and took it from there....

Does anyone out there have ANY additional information they may be willing to share?
Did you hear this podcast? It's based on information directly from the Scott family and it gives the most complete and detailed information about this case:

‎Canadian True Crime: 80 The Disappearance of Madison Scott op Apple Podcasts

*check out for what I call the 'tentdoor contradiction' which happened that saturday morning after the party. I have a theory based on that and also a 'person of interest'. I'm sure the RCMP figured this out long ago as well, but I wonder how they could clear this person...

I agree it almost has to be someone connected to the party. Likely someone came back... But another possibility: it could be someone who was a bit 'late' for the party only showing up after 3 am for the first time (for whatever reason) assuming/hoping the party was still going on but instead found Maddy there alone and took it from there....
No I’m about 99% positive it was someone in that second group aka jordies bf’s friends. A lot of people get mixed up and wonder who they were and the best way I can describe it for everyone is maddy and jordie and the first party goers were all or mostly from the same place,school,town etc…
It was a drive away to this location “hogsback” now there are smaller towns right there you have to pass to get there and this is where all of the second group were from and where jordie left with her bf to sleep for the night. Like a 5-10 min drive away. So we can understand why maddy chose to stay at the tent. When all the first group left there were still 6-8 people left in a slightly different area then they all were. We’re talking feet not miles away. So I can’t say for certain but I believe either maddy came out of the tent and this guy started talking to her or he was brave enough to approach the tent and talk to her. I think she got out tbh. She recognized him and he acted like a normal guy to make her comfortable enough to get in his vehicle. That’s when he changed and things went bad. So one of two things occurred he either acted like he was leaving when the rest left and came back or they all left while he was chatting with maddy. If that’s the case then the last of that group are covering for him. But I would put my life on it that there are people that have an idea who it is. Including jordie. The problem is they interviewed all the first party goers and none of them know anything which they wouldn’t because they were not there at the time. All any of them said was a second group showed up that we didn’t know and were a bit rowdy so we all left.
I get people trying to help and keep this case alive which is the best thing to do but making these crazy theories that she went swimming and drowned, got picked up on the highway of tears, got attacked by a serial killer, or ate by a grizzly bear are just pathetic and it only causes more of a show then anything. None of that happened not even close. You have to look at the details and the evidence. I’ve talked to maddys mom before and the poor women still thinks she’s alive and well. It’s heartbreaking to see their pain they live with every single day. Until someone conscious gets to them and someone speaks up it will stay unsolved. It’s tough with these small towns like that 2nd group are from they all stick together and they will cover for each other like family. I always hoped that as they got older and had kids of their own it would hit home way harder or if one of the friends of this guy got in some trouble they would flip. I think this was just a horrible situation at a young age and they all try and forget it and try and live normal lives. There are people that know though that is for certain.

I’ve always believed Jordie and/or her boyfriend know more than they have said. I don’t know some people can sleep at night. The pain of Dawn and the rest of the family is heartbreaking.
Ya it’s very very sad and at this point no driving the trails or poker runs will bring her back as much as it’s a positive thing and keeps people talking about it in the area. It’s going to take someone to step up and say what they know or believe what happened. I don’t think people know exactly what happened to her unless he has told some friends or whatever but there is a bunch of them that has an idea who it is. He’s local and his parents lived not too far from there. He’s not from where maddy lived. I believe she kinda knew of him through jordies bf and stuff but not great. I think he’s a pretty normal guy to everyone else but on that night he made a horrible life changing choice he was drunk and took advantage of her once he gained her trust and then had to make the decision right there to kill her and hide her body away from there. I 100% believe he said something like let’s go for a ride or sit in my car smoke a joint,listen to music whatever it was but she got into that vehicle with him. He did not grab her and drag her out of that tent or nothing like that. but once she went she realized she made a mistake and things happened it was too late. I do think he either took her some other place away from there or he brought her closer to his parents place and hid her somewhere there. This is why her keys and cell phone are missing cause she brought them with her to be safe thinking she would be back and didn’t want anyone to find her keys and get into her truck where her stuff was locked up. People think she was taken from the tent I don’t believe that for a sec. maddy wasn’t a small girl and she wasn’t just gonna go easily that tent would of been messed up huge fighting for her life. But in a vehicle it’s easier to do when she’s stuck there.
The whole jordie story doesn’t make any sense to me starting the morning she showed up at the tent. For one she says the tent was wide open and stuff was moved around. That was not true.
then the first thing she does is go back home and wash her sleeping bag right away. Why? you didn’t even sleep in it the night before. Most teenagers hungover would just throw it somewhere and deal with it later. Your so called friend isn’t there when you go early in the morning and you don’t even wonder hmm I wonder where she is or if she’s ok? ESP if your story is the tent was moved around inside. If that was my friend I was supposed to camp with in the cell phone era I’d at the very least send a text asking are you good? Where did you end up going? I grabbed my stuff out of the tent… are you coming back to get everything?? At least something!!! That bugs me then go back home like nothing happened and not even have a care in the world. Super fishy to me. Her story has changed many times you can see it all over her face. I think those guys were older and rowdy and she was scared of them. She chose to shut her mouth over helping her so called friend. Super weird to me. Then nothing is said all of Saturday into Sunday till her parents are like wtf we haven’t heard from Maddy at all and her phone is going straight to voicemail let’s see if jordie got back. Oh jordie was back on Saturday morning early. Well where is maddy then?? Oh I left her there went to bang my new BF and maddy was gone when I went back the next morning but her truck and all her stuff was still there. Didn’t seem odd to me one bit. Hmmm is that so jordie. I was born on a day just not that day. This case is pathetic and I know it’s a tough one but they need to get cracking on some of those people hard. Starting with jordie. The answers are there just don’t take idk for an answer. Many many mistakes were made here and I think oif it was reopened with some new eyes and a hard nose detective running it this could be solved. Gotta start all over from scratch get those names and start bringing them in one by one and their new wives old gfs everything. I’m sure they have said something over the years. You can’t just sit back and everyone just says IDK ‍♂️ that’s not ok. Do something FFs.
The whole thing disgusts me it’s not that difficult just have to get tough and do something.

But I would put my life on it that there are people that have an idea who it is. Including jordie.
Is idea enough? I'd bet much less than my life that most people around have some kind of idea and not all are right about it.
The problem is they interviewed all the first party goers and none of them know anything which they wouldn’t because they were not there at the time.
They allegedly interviewed everyone who was there or suspected of being there that weekend. Hundreds of people, not only first party goers.
I get people trying to help and keep this case alive which is the best thing to do but making these crazy theories that she went swimming and drowned, got picked up on the highway of tears, got attacked by a serial killer, or ate by a grizzly bear are just pathetic and it only causes more of a *** show then anything. None of that happened not even close.
These theories are not so crazy. As people are getting wrong facts and hear this story in all weird ways they are coming up with theories that fit what they learned. Shame that's all useless but this happens to pretty much every missing person that gets media coverage.
Wrong info + shortcuts + going for the thrill = useless theories, but also lot of exposition so more people interested in these cases.
All has pros and cons sadly.

I’ve always believed Jordie and/or her boyfriend know more than they have said. I don’t know some people can sleep at night. The pain of Dawn and the rest of the family is heartbreaking.
You could be right. She was probably raped, murdered, and buried in the wilderness, and the perp could easily be someone she knew.
However, there have been cases of women being raped and murdered at or after parties by men they had never met prior to that night.
Here in Michigan, a girl named Chelsea Bruck accepted a ride from another partygoer and was raped and killed. Her body wasn't found for months and might never have been found if not for blind luck.
Out in California, it's believed that Kristin Smart was raped and murdered by Paul Flores after a party; her body has never been found.
There could have been a predator among the partiers that night; it need not have been someone that Madison knew beforehand.

The whole jordie story doesn’t make any sense to me starting the morning she showed up at the tent. For one she says the tent was wide open and stuff was moved around. That was not true.
then the first thing she does is go back home and wash her sleeping bag right away. Why? you didn’t even sleep in it the night before. Most teenagers hungover would just throw it somewhere and deal with it later. Your so called friend isn’t there when you go early in the morning and you don’t even wonder hmm I wonder where she is or if she’s ok? ESP if your story is the tent was moved around inside. If that was my friend I was supposed to camp with in the cell phone era I’d at the very least send a text asking are you good? Where did you end up going? I grabbed my stuff out of the tent… are you coming back to get everything?? At least something!!! That bugs me then go back home like nothing happened and not even have a care in the world. Super fishy to me. Her story has changed many times you can see it all over her face. I think those guys were older and rowdy and she was scared of them. She chose to shut her mouth over helping her so called friend. Super weird to me. Then nothing is said all of Saturday into Sunday till her parents are like wtf we haven’t heard from Maddy at all and her phone is going straight to voicemail let’s see if jordie got back. Oh jordie was back on Saturday morning early. Well where is maddy then?? Oh I left her there went to bang my new BF and maddy was gone when I went back the next morning but her truck and all her stuff was still there. Didn’t seem odd to me one bit. Hmmm is that so jordie. I was born on a day just not that day. This case is pathetic and I know it’s a tough one but they need to get cracking on some of those people hard. Starting with jordie. The answers are there just don’t take idk for an answer. Many many mistakes were made here and I think oif it was reopened with some new eyes and a hard nose detective running it this could be solved. Gotta start all over from scratch get those names and start bringing them in one by one and their new wives old gfs everything. I’m sure they have said something over the years. You can’t just sit back and everyone just says IDK ‍♂️ that’s not ok. Do something FFs.
The whole thing disgusts me it’s not that difficult just have to get tough and do something.
Excuse me but nobody was cracked on harder than Jordi in this case.
She may have her suspicions or even know who did it - as anyone else there, but:
1) How the fact that she washed her sleeping back right away implicates her guilt in any scenario apart from being directly involved or knowing of a struggle inside the tent? She must knew or be afraid of something that would hint at her or someone she was willing to cover for being on that sleeping bag, right?
2) Does not sending text or trying to make a call while being in the area without cell phone signal is really that suspicious?

Your theory is that Jordi left Maddy there knowing that someone is out to hurt her (or just whitnessed that happening), and cause of that she either went to bang her new bf, then came back for her sleeping bag, made sure to wash it, didn't bother to call or text Maddy knowing that there is no point in doing so anymore?
Or that she left to bang her new bf, learned about Maddy's fate sometime before morning and came back for her sleeping bag, made sure to wash it, didn't bother to call or text Maddy knowing that there is no point in doing so anymore and smoothly went along with covering for someone?
Or that she wasn't involved, didn't knew that Maddy's in danger, came back for her sleeping bag, made sure to wash it, didn't bother to call or text Maddy, later learned that someone she knows mudered Maddy and didn't bother still and right away decided to cover for them?

I think Jordy don't know anything about what happened to Maddy.
When she left the party (at around 1 am) with her new boyfriend there were still other people and also there was another tent straight. When she came back that saturday morning she couldn't know Maddy stayed all alone that night. If she knew she probably had raisen alarm. But she didn't. She just didn't think much of it, maybe assuming she left with someone else she knew or whatever. Also she was into a new relationship that started the night before. Maybe she needed the sleeping bag and pillow if she wanted to stay overnight at her boyfriends place? (or the other way around)
Also she had no reason at all to return to Hogsback later that night. BUT of all the party people there was at least one person that could had a initially very healthy reason to return to Hogsback later that night after he left.

Last edited:
Excuse me but nobody was cracked on harder than Jordi in this case.
She may have her suspicions or even know who did it - as anyone else there, but:
1) How the fact that she washed her sleeping back right away implicates her guilt in any scenario apart from being directly involved or knowing of a struggle inside the tent? She must knew or be afraid of something that would hint at her or someone she was willing to cover for being on that sleeping bag, right?
2) Does not sending text or trying to make a call while being in the area without cell phone signal is really that suspicious?

Your theory is that Jordi left Maddy there knowing that someone is out to hurt her (or just whitnessed that happening), and cause of that she either went to bang her new bf, then came back for her sleeping bag, made sure to wash it, didn't bother to call or text Maddy knowing that there is no point in doing so anymore?
Or that she left to bang her new bf, learned about Maddy's fate sometime before morning and came back for her sleeping bag, made sure to wash it, didn't bother to call or text Maddy knowing that there is no point in doing so anymore and smoothly went along with covering for someone?
Or that she wasn't involved, didn't knew that Maddy's in danger, came back for her sleeping bag, made sure to wash it, didn't bother to call or text Maddy, later learned that someone she knows mudered Maddy and didn't bother still and right away decided to cover for them?
I didn’t say jordie set maddy up or anything like that at all. This party was a group of kids from vander or atleast majority of them. At the end of the night a second group showed up to the party and that was jordies new bf’s crew who lived mins away from hogsback. In no way do I think jordie had any idea what was going to happen and she did offer maddy to go with her to her bf’s to sleep but maddy refused to leave her tent. But there was a guy who was in that final group that is responsible for her murder and I think they have an idea or know who it is. Jordie barely knew these people as she just started dating her bf and they are not from Vander.

Whose was the other tent and why did they pack up and leave. I believe there was no other tents there when Jordy went back so that means they either packed up in the morning before Jordy got there or after Jordy left the party. I dare say the police have already looked into this but I just find it a little odd either way. You’d imagine they were camping for the same reason as Mandy and Jordy, so they could drink and not drive so what would prompt them to pack up in the night and go, leaving Madison there alone although she obviously wasn’t their responsibility….or even leave early morning after a late night drinking. In all this time, all these years, once the Bjorn stuff was out of the way it’s so sad that there’s been no updates, no new information, no breakthroughs in this case at all. What happened to Madison Scott????

Whose was the other tent and why did they pack up and leave. I believe there was no other tents there when Jordy went back so that means they either packed up in the morning before Jordy got there or after Jordy left the party. I dare say the police have already looked into this but I just find it a little odd either way. You’d imagine they were camping for the same reason as Mandy and Jordy, so they could drink and not drive so what would prompt them to pack up in the night and go, leaving Madison there alone although she obviously wasn’t their responsibility….or even leave early morning after a late night drinking. In all this time, all these years, once the Bjorn stuff was out of the way it’s so sad that there’s been no updates, no new information, no breakthroughs in this case at all. What happened to Madison Scott????
You nailed it. No campers pack up in the middle of the night—unless they're fleeing the scene of a crime!

You nailed it. No campers pack up in the middle of the night—unless they're fleeing the scene of a crime!
They weren't "campers", just bunch of teenagers camping:
- with their cars right next to them,
- within (much) less than an hour long ride to their homes
- and they headed there hoping for nice outdoor party, that got crashed by a bunch of uninvited, unwelcomed people.

Not saying that it didn't happened like that (fleeing the scene of a crime), but imo most people would just pack up their stuff and leave if that party was crushed in by bunch of uninvited people, acting rough... if they were sober enough to drive or have some sober friends to drive with.

I was packing up in the middle of the night few times with this exact reason: uninvited/strange/creepy people showed up and staying there either seemed dangerous or in the very least didn't seem like fun anymore. As far as I know no crime happened in any of these cases, they were just crashed parties.

"
images

images

upload_2022-4-10_17-42-9.jpeg
upload_2022-4-10_17-42-9.gif
Description
Madison Geraldine Scott is a Canadian missing person. She disappeared on Saturday, 28 May 2011, after a birthday party she attended at Hogsback Lake, 25 kilometers southeast of Vanderhoof, British Columbia. Scott planned to spend the night camping with a friend, but her friend left during the night without Scott."
At the time of her disappearance Madison was 20 years old. She is still missing. Family has no idea what happened to her, very sad story.

No idea what happened to her?

I have some questions for that "friend" who left her alone in the night....

Where did they camp?

jmho ymmv lrr

No idea what happened to her?

I have some questions for that "friend" who left her alone in the night....

Where did they camp?

jmho ymmv lrr

They camped out at Hogsback Lake near Vanderhoof. Yes, Maddie's "friend" supposedly got thrown near a fire and hurt herself. According to the "friend" she had asked Maddie to leave with them, but Maddie decided to stay. They still have no leads.

They camped out at Hogsback Lake near Vanderhoof. Yes, Maddie's "friend" supposedly got thrown near a fire and hurt herself. According to the "friend" she had asked Maddie to leave with them, but Maddie decided to stay. They still have no leads.

Thrown near a fire? Horseback camping, or judo?

Yeah, imho that 'friend' is the lead.

jmho ymmv lrr

From The Province, Vancouver, BC, May 28, 2012:

Attachments

• TheProvince-Vancouver-BC-May-28-2012.jpg
    TheProvince-Vancouver-BC-May-28-2012.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 18
They weren't "campers", just bunch of teenagers camping:
- with their cars right next to them,
- within (much) less than an hour long ride to their homes
- and they headed there hoping for nice outdoor party, that got crashed by a bunch of uninvited, unwelcomed people.

Not saying that it didn't happened like that (fleeing the scene of a crime), but imo most people would just pack up their stuff and leave if that party was crushed in by bunch of uninvited people, acting rough... if they were sober enough to drive or have some sober friends to drive with.

I was packing up in the middle of the night few times with this exact reason: uninvited/strange/creepy people showed up and staying there either seemed dangerous or in the very least didn't seem like fun anymore. As far as I know no crime happened in any of these cases, they were just crashed parties.
The other tent was the birthday couple they ended up having an argument and decided to pack up and leave they also asked maddy if she wanted a ride into town in which she refused. Maddy was in that tent alone while the remainder of that second group was still there. These are facts.
Nobody packed up fleeing the scene that didn’t happen. There were like 4-5 people just down from where maddy was and her in the tent. But for certain that second group was the real cause of the party goers starting to want to leave but by bit.
Nobody said jordie was in on it but I do truly believe she could give a name or two that she believes had something to do with it. No doubt in my mind on that one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back