NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me is not how hard it would be to move the hockey bag that whole distance. What’s bothering me is how hard it would be to place her dead body inside the bag. I’m sure the poor lady was covered in blood, which would make it even harder.

To me, the fact that her son was removed from the home in handcuffs is not that strange. I’m assuming LE knocked on the door incessantly, they already had her body so when they finally entered the home and found someone upstairs they did what they had to do. He’s a kid, and he looks young but they had no way to immediately check his age and he looks very different in older pictures. I agree that if he isn’t involved it’s unfortunate that he was removed from the home in that fashion, but I can understand why they did it specially if he had just woken up and was not acting “right” (sleepy, not making sense, saying confusing stuff), or maybe he had some injuries (not related to the crime). If he plays the drums, his hands could be messy, for example.

I saw a bit of the video and, in my opinion, it looks like someone young. I wonder if something is missing from the home (clothes, electronics, etc).

Regarding the text messages, I think it would make more sense for it to be made up stuff to throw the investigation off. The whole murder makes zero sense. Why remove her body from the house if you don’t live in the house? Just leave…

The bag had wheels

Person knew they would be a suspect. Attempt to hide the crime failed, then resorted to misdirection (text), which no one would fall for. JMO.

Has it been verified that the weird text messages were sent *after* the body was dumped? And has it been verified from what location the texts were sent? I've seen some comments indicating the killer went back to the house and sent the weird texts there. If that's the case, then your hypothesis is probably spot on. Otherwise the killer would not make the risky decision to return to the scene of the crime. Seems a return to the scene was all about damage control after failing to conceal the body.

Obviously the police are not sharing all their information. IMO, they know who did it and are just building their case.
1) IF the suspect entered through the back door, why leave through the front door? You enter through the back to not been seen..now after murdering a person, you are comfortable enough to leave through the front door? I call bs
2) How did the suspect get there? IF she meet them out they would have had to have driven there. Did they not return for their car? Or are we assuming they walked there? That rules out a bar hook up

There have been reports that OG was texting with several men, and they are/have been questioned. I am concerned with what a 13 year old boy knows of all of this. Is it normal for mom to entertain friends at that hour?

I have 2 teen boys extremely close in age to OG's. They wouldn't bat an eye if I said I was going out late. But if I brought someone back to my home you can guarantee my kids would be up. Even if it was only to ensure they aren't missing out on a good time

Has it been verified that the weird text messages were sent *after* the body was dumped? And has it been verified from what location the texts were sent? I've seen some comments indicating the killer went back to the house and sent the weird texts there. If that's the case, then your hypothesis is probably spot on. Otherwise the killer would not make the risky decision to return to the scene of the crime. Seems a return to the scene was all about damage control after failing to conceal the body.
I've seen comments here alluding to a return to the home after dumping the body but I have not seen any news reports about it.

Well- if in fact the killer was someone outside the home , I think it’s possible that he said something like “don’t scream or I’ll kill your son too” and then led her to the basement.

...but!

If the end game is supposed to be killing the whole family (which is implied in the text sent to the husband), why not just go ahead and do it?

That is what is baffling about this. Why level a very clunky threat (giving possibly identifying details, or something that narrows down the pool of suspects somewhat) and then walk away in a very obvious way dragging a hockey gear bag???

It's almost like breaking something at a store and then moving very quickly out of the area towards customer service and saying "someone broke something in aisle 5".

If she was killed in the basement does that mean the body had to be carried up a flight of stairs to be moved out of the house? Wheels on the bag or not, moving a body up stairs is a real challenge.
This is the most baffling part to me. It's not like the person dragging the body was having an easy time doing that.

As for as the early reports of dismemberment I imagine seeing the victim's body stuffed into the bag covered in blood could look confusing.

The most recent time I saw was that the text was sent at 5am EST. So it would have been 2am in Portland. Her body wasn’t found until after 8am EST or 5am in Portland. So for 3 hours the Husband had the texts and I don’t know if he was sleeping still or just didn’t call police right away. Obviously he hadn’t talked to his 13 year old because he didn’t seem to know what was going on when police arrived around 9am.

Wouldn't instinct say to call the kid and alert him to NOT COME OUT OF HIS ROOM? That's what I would do!

Years ago we were living in a rented townhouse; our son (about 22 at the time) worked nights at a hospital and slept during the day. I had gone to wait for his brother's school bus when I got a call on my cell phone: there is someone in the house. I've locked myself in the room...don't come back until I figure this out. I was the one who told him "maintenance was coming in for the thermostat in the kitchen area". We laughed about it, but when I got home he was there, disheveled, hair wild and baseball bat in hand talking to maintenance.

The point of this is people warn each other. If my husband had to travel and I was alone with our boys, we'd call each other at night to say "we're all safely in, or so-and-so is off to work, but we checked all doors, etc. before he left". And we lived in a very safe neighborhood, but you just tell each other things...right?

Lord, we still do the rounds every night to make sure all doors and windows are locked and secure! If we hear a noise, we ALL get up and turn on lights. Our youngest is 27 (he's disabled) and lives with us, and we all go check.

If someone has threatened your family via text, don't you just let them know???

I kept waking up thinking about this last night...

Police Seek Killer of NYC Mom Stabbed 58 Times, Found in Duffel Bag – NBC Boston

A few interesting quotes from this article, BBM.

“Multiple law enforcement sources told NBC New York that a man who knew the victim and had access to her home on Juno Street has been identified as a person of interest.”

I’m interested what man would have access to her home outside of a family member. Perhaps a maintenance man, neighbor, or a love interest?

“No arrests have been made, and police are still unsure of a motive behind the killing.”

Interesting. This points to the text about having been locked up because of OG being a ruse, since the motive is unclear to police at this point.

“Sources told NBC New York that at around 5 a.m. Saturday the killer is believed to have sent Gaal's husband a threatening text message from her phone.”

The perpetrator must have held onto the phone (or returned to the crime scene) after abandoning the body, which was seen being moved around 4:30 a.m. It will be helpful to see from what location her cellphone pinged at 5 a.m. If the perpetrator returned to his home or somewhere familiar with the phone after abandoning the body, that will likely give him away.

Last edited:
She could have been carried up the stairs then put into the hockey bag imo
That would have been messy. I did wonder what part of the footage was too disturbing for Pix11 to post. The identity of the murderer, a blood trail, was the bag opened, was the murderer covered in blood?
NG was just on and I know how much y’all love her. She said it felt like the plan of a fifth grader.

Police Seek Killer of NYC Mom Stabbed 58 Times, Found in Duffel Bag – NBC Boston

A few interesting quotes from this article, BBM.

“Multiple law enforcement sources told NBC New York that a man who knew the victim and had access to her home on Juno Street has been identified as a person of interest.”

[…]

“No arrests have been made, and police are still unsure of a motive behind the killing.”

[…]

“Sources told NBC New York that at around 5 a.m. Saturday the killer is believed to have sent Gaal's husband a threatening text message from her phone.”
That is the ridiculous nature of this story...

This person seems to have put no thought what-so-ever into how to commit a crime and get away with it.

They show up, kill the occupant, miss the son (presumably), then instead of just leaving, they text the husband, tell him not to call the police??? Who isn't going to call the police when their wife is dead???

Then in the text they reveal exactly who they must be or at least that they know about an incident that happened some years ago...

Then, instead of just disappearing into the night, they put the wife in a bag, drip blood all the way to some random spot as they parade down the street with a loud bag at 4am, being seen by every camera and passerby car...

If police don't catch this person I will be shocked, they seem to be an idiot.

After the murder, how did the perp get access to open the phone and sent the text? Did he know the passcode? Did he use her face or fingerprint to open it?
I’m going to guess he/she used the victim’s fingerprint.

Watching this video again, some things stand out to me.

1. The person seems to be wearing some sort of hoody, with the hood up.
2. Pulling the bag with their left hand and carrying something bulky or square-ish shaped, in their right hand, held close to the body. (Wadded up plastic bag filled with their bloodied clothes?)
3. Person is also wearing a backpack.
4. This person is not struggling at all to pull this bag. Nearly effortless stride.
5. Stride doesn't appear feminine, but masculine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member