NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the murder, how did the perp get access to open the phone and sent the text? Did he know the passcode? Did he use her face or fingerprint to open it?
Based on the timeline that was given in the article that I just posted, the body was disposed at around 4:30 a.m., and the text was sent from OG’s phone at around 5 a.m.

That seems to imply that he either unlocked the phone using biometrics prior to disposing the body and turned off the biometric security features, knew her passcode to unlock the phone without biometrics, or her phone did not have auto-lock security measures enabled.

Based on the perpetrator’s sloppiness, I’m betting on option #3, MOO.

I’m going to guess he/she used the victim’s fingerprint.
Or he knew her password. Or maybe she didn’t have one to open her phone. Some people I know don’t because it’s easier than to mess around with doing it every time they want to open their phone. I wouldn’t do that as it’s way too risky for others to snoop. Not that I have anything to hide but it’s an invasion of privacy imo

‘Your wife sent me to jail some years ago... I’m back'

This may have been commented on... but the phrasing "some years ago," reminds me of the way a couple of Eastern European (Poland and Hungary) friends of mine (English is not their first language) speak. In fact, a quick search through a Discord log found my Hungarian friend using the phrase "some 1,5 years ago" (we were talking about crypto).

Could be something. Could be nothing. No doubt the police are looking at all acquaintances.

If the text was legitimate, I wonder if it might have been referring to something that occurred in Hungary before she moved to the U.S. I read an MSM article that was posted on here that said OG met her husband in Hungary and then moved to the U.S., not sure at what age.

the reason i think it's relevant is: she went for a walk at 12:30, and when he woke up in the morning she wasn't there. presumably he tried texting and/or calling her and didn't get an answer. he likely also had reason to believe she never came home (rather than having come home, gotten up early without disturbing him, and left again). this typically adds up to her doing something other than just taking a walk late at night.
bolding mine
Since he was out of state, I'm wondering if it was normal for him to call or text her in the a.m. ?
Only because when some people are traveling, they might not contact the other partner for a while as they're busy with their day.
I guess with some couples they text often while others will check in sporadically if both have a busy schedule ?

But how and why did she get into the basement? If she had just gotten home from a night out with some friends, wouldn't she be on the first floor and second (assuming her bedroom with her husband was on the second floor)? Then the son would certainly have probably heard something. If she was in bed when a killer entered the house, how'd he convince her to go 2 floors lower? Or did he "get lucky" and find her already down there? Or is it Occam's Razor as it often is...
Good points. ^^^

I'm baffled re. the son not hearing anything ?
Some houses are more like mansions with vast areas in between the top floor and the basement and I suppose it's possible ?
Except this home wasn't extremely large and imo there had to have been some loud screaming or cries for help ?
My .02.

Lots of people, esp older people, will use the same code for lots of things - like their birth year or wedding year etc. even if she had a code on her phone, she might’ve shared it with people around her for whatever reason or it could’ve been easy to guess if you knew her JMO

Just heard about this case it’s really bizarre.
So many things make no sense like removing the body from the house after such a bloody and violent murder and just rolling it in a bag in front of all the house cameras?! Surely he/she had to know it would leak. Then leave it on the sidewalk to be found so fast without any effort to conceal it. I watched the video and it looks like a male to me a young male also he pulls the bag fairly easy on what I can see if he struggled he would probably use both hands. I can’t make up what’s in the other hand maybe could be a laptop.
I definitely think it’s someone she knew a complete stranger would not try to remove the body from the house because why?
Also if it was a complete stranger why spend few hours in the house doing what? Cleaning up? Why clean the crime scene? you risk leaving evidence behind. Its so risky to enter someone’s house in an area with villas now almost everyone has cameras then stay in the house for hours. The son could have discovered intruder or hear something and call 911 anytime.
This shouldn’t take too long to solve it was rather sloppy from what is reported.

I live in Queens just a mile from this murder scene, and I have been in the family’s back yard.

In the nearby homes where I have babysat, when kids are in the basement and the door to the house is closed, you hardly hear any noise on the first floor, and none on the second or third floor. These are old tudor houses, and they are built very solidly. It does not surprise me at all that someone on the third floor would not hear even a very loud fight or commotion in the basement, especially if the basement door was closed. MOO

Thank you for this information! A few questions, if you don’t mind…

1. are the basements generally “walkout” style? Could they be renovated to become bedrooms?

2. where, in your opinion/experience, would the five bedrooms be located? I’m guessing three on the second floor, one in the attic/third floor, maybe one on the first? I’m my experience, older homes of that era have very small bedrooms, so it’s possible that there could be three on one floor, even in a small house.

3. do you think it’s redundant to say “Austin Street in Forest Hills”? IMO everyone local (hell, even I a Manhattanite) knows Austin Street is in Forest Hills. Would a local/native ever phrase it that way?

I know. But what do the wheels have to do with how hard would it be to put a dead, soaked in blood body inside of the bag?

If it did not have wheels it would be a whole lot harder to move.

I do wonder if the wheel mechanism broke and that is why the bag was abandoned where it was. The bag was not designed to carry a dead body for half a mile.

If it did not have wheels it would be a whole lot harder to move.

I do wonder if the wheel mechanism broke and that is why the bag was abandoned where it was. The bag was not designed to carry a dead body for half a mile.

I thought the same that the wheels broke.
No regular bag is supposed to be carrying such a weight as a body. It would make sense when the wheels broke the person could not drag it anymore and just abandoned it.

What strikes me is that the killer appears to have no concern that the younger son would discover them in the house/call 911. The number of stab wounds indicate a fairly lengthy attack plus the time it would take to put her body in the bag. If the killer did send a text from her phone to the husband stating that the rest of the family would be next, wouldn't that risk the husband instantly contacting the younger son/police to see what on earth was going on and perhaps discovering the killer at the scene. The other possibility would be that the killer didn't know that the younger son was in the house and presumed he was away with the rest of the family.

@JerseyWasHome2

My house and driveway are just like OG’s except it’s not worth 2 million.

We come in the back (side) door, we never go in and out the front door, maybe open it once a year. All company that come over come to the back door. If someone knocks at the front door, it’s a solicitor.

Jmo

What strikes me is that the killer appears to have no concern that the younger son would discover them in the house/call 911. The number of stab wounds indicate a fairly lengthy attack plus the time it would take to put her body in the bag. If the killer did send a text from her phone to the husband stating that the rest of the family would be next, wouldn't that risk the husband instantly contacting the younger son/police to see what on earth was going on and perhaps discovering the killer at the scene. The other possibility would be that the killer didn't know that the younger son was in the house and presumed he was away with the rest of the family.

I keep coming back to the tweet the father made early Saturday (although the exact time it was sent is unclear, so it very well could have been sent after OG was killed):

From NY Daily News: “Just landed Portland, OR before evaluating Ann Arbor again with my 17-year old son,” Klein said early Saturday in a now-deleted tweet.

‘Your wife sent me to jail some years ago... I’m back'

This may have been commented on... but the phrasing "some years ago," reminds me of the way a couple of Eastern European (Poland and Hungary) friends of mine (English is not their first language) speak. In fact, a quick search through a Discord log found my Hungarian friend using the phrase "some 1,5 years ago" (we were talking about crypto).

Could be something. Could be nothing. No doubt the police are looking at all acquaintances.

I agree. Sounds like “old world” phrasing by older people. Hell, I’m middle-aged and can’t think of anyone my age who would put it that way. Reading that, I visualize an older person. JMO. My husband (we are middle-aged” and kids (teenagers) concur.

speaking of teenagers… these kids sleep through everything. I can run the vacuum cleaner (and a marching band!) through their bedroom and they wouldn’t hear it. They stay up late, especially on weekends/school breaks, and sleep in.

I agree!
The killer seemed to spend few hours in the house not worrying about being discovered, seems really odd.
The killer didn’t force an entry to the house and choose time when her husband and older son were away, timing itself doesn’t seem random. If the killer did his homework on when she is going to be without husband and son ( who pose greater threat then 13y old) should also know about younger son being home or at least check the house. There was enough time to check the house if there is someone else there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloridaThemisProject