Found Deceased Brandon Colligan, Stevens Point, WI

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
STEVENS POINT, Wis. – The Waupaca County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a missing Royalton man last seen Friday morning.

Officials said Brandon Colligan, 26, was meeting with a friend at a Stevens Point coffee shop at around 9:45 a.m. He left the shop to retrieve an item that he had forgotten and never returned. Colligan’s friend said he was acting strange.

His vehicle was found abandoned near a family member’s home in Royalton, with his phone and wallet still inside.

Colligan is a white man, about 5’10” tall, with blue eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a white short-sleeve dress shirt and blue shorts. Officials said that he has been known to travel to Madison and Milwaukee. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to contact the Waupaca County Sheriff’s Office at 715-258-4466.

brandon-colligan-1024x576.jpg

The distance is 40+ miles.

Nice-looking and clean-cut guy, simply meeting a friend in a coffee shop in a small town -- how many of us have done something similar? Did someone try to rob him? Beat him up for simply being where he was? Did he get ambushed or held up for money or hurt for other reasons?
Disappeared in broad daylight... SMH...Did anyone see anything? Are there cameras in the area of the coffee shop?
Worried about this young man...
----------------------------
A bit about Stevens Point, Wisconsin:
Stevens Point is the county seat of Portage County, Wisconsin, United States. The city was incorporated in 1858. Its 2020 population of 25,666 makes it the largest city in the county. Wikipedia

Hope they fingerprint that vehicle.
That would seem like the best course of action but from what I read in this case there is no evidence of a crime and being missing, in and of itself, isn't a crime. Warrants are normally necessary to fingerprint a vehicle because the invasion of the privacy of an individual (in this case, the car owner) authorizes invasion of that privacy only upon a showing what constitutes probable cause, and limits that invasion by the specification of the person to be seized (if appropriate in the case), the place to be searched, and the evidence to be sought. So police can't just fingerprint your vehicle because you left it somewhere and are not in contact with friends or family when there is no evidence of a crime having been committed. I know, this places limits on the effectiveness of a search for parties who may be missing other than freely, but that's the law.

His blog, most recent entry Feb 24 on the Ukraine crisis.

And his LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandon-colligan-a3b051127

His Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/BrandonColligan

Most recent entry June 7

Here’s hoping he is found safe and well.

Hmmm ...40 miles is a long way to go for something he forgot, surely his friend and now LE know more than we do ... like what was it? And I wonder how close to a relative's home and ... which relative - Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Aunt or a wife? Moo

Does anyone else see an issue with the fact his car was located near a relatives home? A carjacker isn't going to drive 40 miles to dump the car near a relative. Does he have a gambling/money issue that they drove to the relatives home to collect? Drug issue/dealer etc? Something is off on this. IMO

I read this differently than some other posters. I thought his vehicle was likely parked near the coffee shop and he went to the car to get whatever it was. He left and never came back.
His friend said he was acting strange. In what way? Was he acting nervous, ill, having mental health issues?
Did he tell the friend he needed to get something out of the vehicle as a ruse to leave? If so, why? Was he accosted as he reached into his car?
Was he trying to get to the relative’s house that was near where the car was found? If so, what happened that he never arrived?

Does anyone else see an issue with the fact his car was located near a relatives home? A carjacker isn't going to drive 40 miles to dump the car near a relative. Does he have a gambling/money issue that they drove to the relatives home to collect? Drug issue/dealer etc? Something is off on this. IMO
IMO It is definitely odd that his car wound up at that destination. I do wonder if there was a rift somewhere. I don’t think he disappeared willingly. (Fwiw)

But looking at his sub stack, I just see him as an extremely bright and stable young man.

Excerpt:
This newsletter allows me to build an audience (you) in a way that’s organic and manageable. A rarity these days. That said, I’m excited to share my insight with a diverse community of people that I’ve known over the years. Most of my short professional life has been spent literally building community in one way or another. I am a founder and have more recently focused on startups, economic and community development. I have also worked professionally both in partisan politics and non-partisan policy work. This gives me a diversity of perspectives and a unique following.”

I read this differently than some other posters. I thought his vehicle was likely parked near the coffee shop and he went to the car to get whatever it was. He left and never came back.
His friend said he was acting strange. In what way? Was he acting nervous, ill, having mental health issues?
Did he tell the friend he needed to get something out of the vehicle as a ruse to leave? If so, why? Was he accosted as he reached into his car?
Was he trying to get to the relative’s house that was near where the car was found? If so, what happened that he never arrived?
I think you are right, @OldCop. At first I read it as he lived close by and just ran home, but having left something in the car seems more likely, if indeed it wasn’t an excuse to just up and leave. Obviously no one would leave a friend sitting there to go 80 miles round-trip to get something he forgot. I so wish we knew more about what he said to his friend and exactly how Brandon was acting “strange”. That’s so vague that it could mean lots of things.
All MOO

Noticed some locals posting on FB that another young man disappeared two years ago from the same vicinity.

Most likely unrelated, but fwiw, both last known sightings were early am (8:00 for JM) following meeting with friends…

Noticed some locals posting on FB that another young man disappeared two years ago from the same vicinity.

Most likely unrelated, but fwiw, both last known sightings were early am (8:00 for JM) following meeting with friends…
The other missing young man had been in serious trouble with law enforcement and was arrested with someone also brought up on drug charges. That would, in my opinion, have put him in situations that could have exposed him to harm.So likely unrelated to this missing young man (again, in my opinion only). Wega teens charged with burglary spree - Waupaca County Post

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back