Found Deceased Brandon Colligan, Stevens Point, WI

I’m new to this forum, and only came because I was researching Brandon. And I know this is speculating, so please I hope no one gets offended.
Brandon is a very smart, educated, handsome, clean and well dressed man. I can’t find any info on any girlfriend or boyfriend. He is not married and doesn’t have any kids. I’m definitely leaning toward some sort of relationship with the man he had coffee with. Or best friend, wanting to see him one more time, not being able to gather the strength to say goodbye, and making the excuse to get something from the car to save the heartache of having to try to explain himself and what he is going through.
100% speculation. But he could be too pretty to be straight.
I've had many of the same thoughts you touched on in your thoughtful comments above, @Windingroads. The wallet and phone being left in his vehicle shook me when I read about it. His leaving his friend at the coffee shop and his implied quick trip to his vehicle may have been because he was too upset to say what he wanted to say.
Hoping he will be found or return in good shape, but days are passing...

A 26-year-old Waupaca County man who has been missing since Friday is a 2019 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, where he was a member of the College Democrats and became known in state party circles.

Numerous politicians have been sharing the missing person alert on their social media accounts, and Rep. Gordon Hintz, a Democrat from Oshkosh, said Monday he still remembers Colligan from Colligan's time with the College Democrats at UW-Oshkosh.

“This was a kid who, when I first met him, was way more mature than certainly I was in college, and most people, “ Hintz said.

I think this really paints a crystal clear picture of how “out of character” this is for him.

..."His friend said he was acting strange. In what way? Was he acting nervous, ill, having mental health issues?"..
The bit about him acting strange is...strange. Another article reported:

"Investigators spoke with the person who had coffee with Colligan. They say nothing appears to have been out of the ordinary during that meeting."

Was nothing out of the ordinary or was Colligan acting strange?

So, he drove 40 miles for coffee with a friend? During coffee he stated he needed to get something from his car or hop around the corner? Then it appears his car made the 40 mile trek back to where he started? Which is where he lives? Did I get that right?

Originally, I thought maybe when he went out to his car to retrieve whatever, someone ambushed him and forced BC to drive away from the cafe. BC headed in the direction of somewhere familiar. Would the perp let him drive 40 miles though? How did the perp get back? Did they have an accomplice or just called someone to come get them? Nothing was stolen so that scenario doesn't fit.

Self-harm makes the most sense based off of the evidence known but from what I'm gathering, this young man wasn't suffering from any mental distress. Not that anyone was aware of. He seemed positive and ambitious. Intelligent and personable.

What exactly did he do again for a career? Maybe that's where this started...idk. I'm stumped.

I wonder who instigated the coffee meeting at 08.00hrs?
Brandon? His friend?
So, he drove 40 miles for coffee with a friend? During coffee he stated he needed to get something from his car or hop around the corner? Then it appears his car made the 40 mile trek back to where he started? Which is where he lives? Did I get that right?

Originally, I thought maybe when he went out to his car to retrieve whatever, someone ambushed him and forced BC to drive away from the cafe. BC headed in the direction of somewhere familiar. Would the perp let him drive 40 miles though? How did the perp get back? Did they have an accomplice or just called someone to come get them? Nothing was stolen so that scenario doesn't fit.

Self-harm makes the most sense based off of the evidence known but from what I'm gathering, this young man wasn't suffering from any mental distress. Not that anyone was aware of. He seemed positive and ambitious. Intelligent and personable.

What exactly did he do again for a career? Maybe that's where this started...idk. I'm stumped.
<modsnip>
I’m not 100% on his job. This is what he has on his twitter. “Policy-tech”

Also, it’s possible they had plans for after coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:
forgive me - I know one of you will know this offhand vs me trekking through articles... or perhaps I missed some posts where this was discussed. Is it know for certain that he was at the coffee meeting?

Per his Linkedin profile below, it looks like he was last employed in June 2020 as a Sales Associate in Neenah, WI (about 40 miles from Royalton), and was actively looking for a new job.

This may have been why he was living with family members; saving rent, etc. until he found a new job.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandon-colligan-a3b051127

Per his Linkedin profile below, it looks like he was last employed in June 2020 as a Sales Associate in Neenah, WI (about 40 miles from Royalton), and was actively looking for a new job.

This may have been why he was living with family members; saving rent, etc. until he found a new job.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandon-colligan-a3b051127
Yes, this is correct.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that his car was left where it was. I think he (or whomever) wanted it and his wallet to be found.
Sadly, @HM99, I have to agree. Something made him make an excuse to leave the coffee shop... We just don't know enuff about this situation, and we may not ever know.
If he is found harmed or worse, we should hear about that.
Has his family made a statement as we see so many times? If so, seems like that would have been announced by LE or the relatives themselves.
So we wait...

He’s been found.

Snipped from the article:

Friday night, the sheriff’s office said 26-year-old Brandon Colligan’s body was found near his home in Royalton.

The sheriff’s office says no further information is being released at this time. We’ll continue following up.

As many of us thought...
I think many of us just want to sit and cry a while. So young, handsome, full of good ideas, possibly a politician one day. We have lost a good one, IMO.

His poor family and friends. Prayers for them. Hoping they are a close-knit bunch -- they are going to need closeness for a long time.
Fly high, handsome Brandon. Hoping your last hours were totally your own.

I didn’t want to disclose this in the beginning, but I am Brandon's neighbor. I met with his family last night.
He was found by a family member, in a place the police and search dogs searched last Saturday.

Please keep his parents and family in your prayers, or good vibes, whatever positivity you can send.

Can someone clear this up for me. I'm confused with the 40 mile drive to meet for coffee. I thought he met for coffee locally with a friend and his car was found 40 miles away near a relatives home? IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back