SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
How close does one have to be to be "spattered with blood"?

Just from my “Forensics Files” education on the blood splatter, he would have to be relatively close to the impact of the shot, up to 8 ft or so, and there’s not much of a chance of getting that splatter any other way since the impact makes the drops finer. They can figure the angles, speed, and so on. It’s pretty amazing just how deep they dive into this stuff.

Correct. But were those videos at 7PM or 9PM? Lots of talk about MM and PM getting to Moselle at 7. There’s 2 hours in question. Do they go back to the house at 7-730 to eat? Then PM and AM head back down to kennels to go on a hunt? at say 8:30-9? When did MM visit the elder Murdaugh. Did she even do it?
Here’s another question. Edisto to Hampton is kinda out of the way from Savannah. ”Lured” to moselle def makes sense here.

Just from my “Forensics Files” education on the blood splatter, he would have to be relatively close to the impact of the shot, up to 8 ft or so, and there’s not much of a chance of getting that splatter any other way since the impact makes the drops finer. They can figure the angles, speed, and so on. It’s pretty amazing just how deep they dive into this stuff.
I do hope the prosecutor has some very credible experts on this case -- talking heads say it's relatively new and some consider it junk science (high-velocity splatter). I'm recalling a blood splatter expert witness in Colorado for the defense that ended up helping the prosecution so I was glad but it could go the other way here! JMO

<snipped>& BBM

Alex Murdaugh Borrows Clothes from Lawyer’s Son So He Can Plead Not Guilty to Murdering His Own

Prosecutors alleged that Maggie had been killed with an assault rifle while apparently attempting to flee the scene. Paul had been fatally shot with a shotgun at close range. Refusing to go into detail, South Carolina Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters added during the bond hearing in Colleton County court on Wednesday that investigators had substantial forensic evidence that tied the former lawyer to the double murders.

“The evidence all came back to one person and that was Alex Murdaugh,” Waters said, adding that the evidence was tied to his slew of other alleged crimes. “A lot of that provides the background and the motive for what happened on June 7, 2021.”

Murdaugh sat plain-faced, flanked by his two attorneys as prosecutors argued he should be held without bail. Behind a frail-looking Murdaugh, who had a shaved head and wore a white face mask, sat over a dozen members of the media—and a portrait of his late grandfather who once prosecuted cases in the same courthouse as a solicitor.

The only time Murdaugh spoke on Wednesday when he pleaded not guilty and said he would like to be judged “by God and my country.”

Wait. What a delicious post! Did I read that right?

"investigators had substantial forensic evidence that tied the former lawyer to the double murders."

Yes, I did! I read that right. There's substantial forensic evidence including those forensic blood droplets left on your nice trousers, MrMurdaugh!

That blood splatter was caused when you murdered your wife because she ordered a financial audit, right? Then, Alex turned another long weapon on the nearly always drunk son, Timmy, with the felony indictments charged against him, and Boom! Timmy's gone, too. Dang, MrMurdaugh.

Two financially embarrassing problems erased in one fell swoop around 9 that fateful night when Alex cruelly made those Murdaugh hunting dogs witness him murder, not one, but two of their masters while out at the kennels tucked into their sanctuary, in their home, near the woods at Moselle.

I guess his son and his wife were set up so he could use two different firearms in order to trick the investigation into being mislead into thinking it was two different culprits. We're too smart for that malarkey. Their killer was always only Alex.

The appalling horror Paul must have felt to see his ole hunting buddy aim that rifle straight at him, especially after hearing the buckshot kill his mother. Then, in that very moment, Paul knew he was as good as dead, too. Then, Alex raised the weapon again and shot his son in the head. Overkill, if there ever was!

Not Guilty. Only in his dreams. I hope he's sentenced to the harshest punishments available for capital murder. Read this, MrMurdaugh. It's time to pay your debts:

South Carolina is one of eight states to still use the electric chair and one of four to allow a firing squad. Bang. Bang. MrMaudaugh.

I do hope the prosecutor has some very credible experts on this case -- talking heads say it's relatively new and some consider it junk science (high-velocity splatter). I'm recalling a blood splatter expert witness in Colorado for the defense that ended up helping the prosecution so I was glad but it could go the other way here! JMO

I’m hoping they have an airtight slam dunk of a case that leaves no wiggle room as that’s the only way we will find the truth in this.

This look is a long way from evening clothes with dancing pumps!

Did you notice the specific way Poot described the plea? “He thinks he’s not guilty.” Or something to that effect. Not, “he’s not guilty.”

——- added ——
I was going to say — he looks like he was wearing Paul’s clothes they are so I’ll fitting! You mean he has no clothes left :eek:

<snipped>
… The 54-year-old, who for decades was a fixture in the Low Country legal elite, was lowered to wearing his lawyer’s son’s clothes and shoes as he pleaded his innocence. …

Last edited:

Did you notice the specific way Poot described the plea? “He thinks he’s not guilty.” Or something to that effect. Not, “he’s not guilty.”

——- added ——
I was going to say — he looks like he was wearing Paul’s clothes they are so I’ll fitting! You mean he has no clothes left :eek:

<snipped>
… The 54-year-old, who for decades was a fixture in the Low Country legal elite, was lowered to wearing his lawyer’s son’s clothes and shoes as he pleaded his innocence. …

That's interesting. AM didn't have any family willing to bring him some clothes??

MOO

——- added ——

<snipped>

Legal elite, right? Can you imagine that not one person in MrMurdaugh's family nor in his circle of friends would take suitable attire for MrMurdaugh to wear as he's sitting in the courtroom with his great grandfather's portrait hanging on the wall. He has no one to call to help him and I don't care.

I'd prefer to see him handcuffed while wearing orange, the new black. I hope no one adds funds to his jailhouse accounts. imoo Murdaugh killed two humans. A son and his mother. Let it be.

Who's paying his legal fees? The Legal Elite. That's what I want to know. This is going to be about a half million dollar defense. And, Alex still loses bc he's a loser. jmho

OMgosh! Not even the same man! He looks like a hardened criminal (which he is but well hidden before). He is sooooo scary. o_O

Cold blooded man with steely eyes. imohoo I heard Alex shaved his head. Seeing him now, though, he reminds me very much of convicted murderer Mark Sievers in Florida who hired The Hammer and a friend to kill his wife, Dr Teresa Sievers. They beat her with a hammer. If looks could kill, Alex looks deadly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-20 11.47.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-20 11.47.19 PM.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 9
Cold blooded man with steely eyes. imohoo I heard Alex shaved his head. Seeing him now, though, he reminds me very much of convicted murderer Mark Sievers in Florida who hired The Hammer and a friend to kill his wife, Dr Teresa Sievers. They beat her with a hammer. If looks could kill, Alex looks deadly.

The reason he looks so odd to us in this new photo is that we haven’t seen him sober and drug free in 20 years!

Wow. I'm looking at the transformation and have to ask -- what happened AM's nose? Where's the nostril flare and length?

(Also following the TX murder of Cyclist Mo Wilson whose killer was a 43-day fugitive of justice in Costa Rica and had surgery to change her nose -- probably hoping to look like somebody else's passport).

First Federal Indictment Handed Down In Murdaugh Case … To Russell Laffitte

From 2011 through ”at least” October 2021, the grand jury says Laffitte and ”his co-conspirators” defrauded several personal injury clients of “the Bank Customer” — which is believed to be a reference to Murdaugh. The clients were only identified by their initials in the indictment but include Hakeem Pinckney, Arthur Badger and two sisters named Hannah and Alania Plyler.

That's interesting. AM didn't have any family willing to bring him some clothes??

MOO
My suspicious mind thinks we have a PR company employed here…to start creating some sympathy in the run up to jury selection and trial.

The secondary goal is to restore the shredded reputations of the brothers who were deployed to national TV to immediately provide an ‘air-tight’ alibi for their brother. ”See, we won’t even loan him shoes!’

This is blatant manipulation...of the Hampton community that has been ransacked by these dirty deals...of all of us!

We know from the jail-house calls that AM is still thick with his family. Somewhere there is a closet where a few pairs of AM’s shoes from the old days are taking up space. Between the devoted sister-in-law, brothers, sister, and son…all of whom we heard on tape commiserating and running errands…ONE of them could have popped over to Walmart and bought him a shirt and pants.

Someone is funding a PR Pity Party campaign for AM…and for themselves.

’clean-up on aisle four.…’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member