Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my take as well. These kids were acting like....kids. No one ever goes to a party thinking that they aren't going to make it home.
This! It was a local high school graduation party.

I'd like to know who started the 'older guys with drugs' story. Can someone refresh me as to who told said that? tia

BBM

Thank you, @Bsc87bsc for responding to my call!

Here is the question from @steeltowngirl you are answering so folks can follow along:
"With the Honda having been submerged for two weeks, will they still be able to assess any mechanical issues - such as failed brakes, electrical short that might have caused headlights to fail, stuck gas pedal?"
Excellent list: May we add the following?:
1. Airbags deployed? Indications of injuries indicative of airbags?
2. Seatbelt(s) cut or worn?
3. How was the driver's window broken? AWP stated the driver's window was broken and the body was in the backseat.
4. Was it in park/N/D when they brought it up?
5. Did they find the "necklaces" they had people watching for? I always found this detail fascinating.

To add a few more.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Underage drinking, supplying alcohol to minors, and illicit drug use are illegal, as well as DUI. That may be what OP is referring to. Police seemed to be well aware of what goes on at that party and assured witnesses they weren't interested in pressing charges.

In the end, I wonder if they will investigate any adults who purchased alcohol or stores that sold to minors.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd like to know who started the 'older guys with drugs' story. Can someone refresh me as to who told said that? tia
Her friend SS is quoted here.

3. How was the driver's window broken? AWP stated the driver's window was broken and the body was in the backseat.
5. Did they find the "necklaces" they had people watching for? I always found this detail fascinating.

To add a few more.
Adding:
  • Were Kiely’s bag or cell phone located in the car?
  • Were there any other phones or bags found in the car, possibly belonging to others?
  • Was any drug paraphernalia or alcohol found in the car?
  • Was Kiely clothed?
  • Visible wounds (stab, gunshot, burns, blunt force, neck bruising)

Kiely's friend Mags said that as soon as they got there older guys were trying to forcibly make them do bong hits. Or "rips," I think she said...

Also, a witness said there were mushrooms and cocaine and I can't recall what else. IMO

Last edited:
Kiely's friend Mags said that as soon as they got there older guys were trying to forcibly make them do bong hits. Or "rips," I think she said...

Also, I think it was SS who said there were mushrooms and I can't recall what else. IMO
A “tipster” said mushrooms and cocaine.

That's a broad brush ... I did some pretty dumb things as a teen, thank God no one lost their life.

IMO, the sad takeaway/awareness - these kids will be more aware of watching out for each other and if partying, will stay put or have a DD, which evidently they did. The details of why Kiely got in her car and drove away aren't clear. But I am leaning towards this being a tragic accident. The details when made public, will be a sobering moment and likely something the teens will remember well into their adulthood.

I agree, Knox.

One doesn’t need to drive in pitch dark to see poorly, especially with certain alcohol on board. This article studies the effect of alcohol on the rods and cones of non-alcoholic social drinkers in mesopic (low-light) vision, specifically in the context of most accidents occurring at night and dawn. Alcohol appears to affect rod-mediated pathways (responsible for nocturnal vision) more than cone-mediated ones. This effect is significant enough even in social drinkers.

To add, several days ago I parked my car in a non-typical spot and driving back at night, fully sober, narrowly avoided the boardwalk barrier. It made me think of the fact that objects closer to the ground are poorly visible at night, and it includes water. In short, if that part of the road leading to the boat ramp was not well-known for Kiely, accident could have happened with her being totally sober, too.

I agree, even fatigue can compound the effects of alcohol. And the closer we are to home, the more likely accidents occur. She got turned around, and drove when she thought the road was. This happens. Sometimes we don't know the exact why, Sometimes people aren't found for decades.

To add a few more.
@TKG. Here is a post from up thread from @SteveP. You might find this interesting.

From your link: So, tipster Ronnie Jones (whoever he is) heard about it from his two cousins who went to the party who said they heard there were older guys with drugs and told him about it... mmmk.

Popular YouTuber iCkEdMeL, who has been covering the teen’s disappearance and has 133k subscribers, says he received an email from a tipster whose family members attended the bash.

During a phone call featured on a new episode, tipster Ronnie Jones, told him: "I have two cousins, they go to Sierra College, and they were going up to that party, they'd heard about.

"And they had some other friends going with them but they were around 27/28 years old, they’re older, there was a lot of older dudes there.

"And so I asked them if they knew her, and they said they saw her there and that she was just like, you know, laughing, going from group to group, talking, they didn’t make nothing of it.

Also, I think it was SS who said there were mushrooms and I can't recall what else. IMO
oh, oh. Like I said all the way on thread 3, there might be mushrooms but I was just guessing. This is complete conjecture, based on a solid knowledge of the effects of shrooms, however, blacked out alcohol mixed with psychotropic hallucinogenic and this person is capable of seriously, whatever,

Oh.Thank you. So there were at least three witnesses that we know of? Not that it's surprising there'd be drugs at a party with 300 teenagers and college kids. Imo

From your link: So, tipster Ronnie Jones (whoever he is) heard about it from his two cousins who went to the party who said they heard there were older guys with drugs and told him about it... mmmk.

Popular YouTuber iCkEdMeL, who has been covering the teen’s disappearance and has 133k subscribers, says he received an email from a tipster whose family members attended the bash.

During a phone call featured on a new episode, tipster Ronnie Jones, told him: "I have two cousins, they go to Sierra College, and they were going up to that party, they'd heard about.

"And they had some other friends going with them but they were around 27/28 years old, they’re older, there was a lot of older dudes there.

"And so I asked them if they knew her, and they said they saw her there and that she was just like, you know, laughing, going from group to group, talking, they didn’t make nothing of it.
Yes, the Sun reported on what a tipster allegedly told a YouTube host. FWIW, there has been a good bit of subsequent drama on social media surrounding the YouTuber.

oh, oh. Like I said all the way on thread 3, there might be mushrooms but I was just guessing. This is complete conjecture, based on a solid knowledge of the effects of shrooms, however, blacked out alcohol mixed with psychotropic hallucinogenic and this person is capable of seriously, whatever,
I was wrong about SS, apparently it was some guy named Ronnie who made a comment about mushrooms and cocaine.

Last edited:

To add a few more.
BBM
That statement (I bolded), @TKG, is not substantiated with a source. The NYPOST wrote that in a misleading way.

Please see my post here for more information about that specific statement by the NYPOST.

Oh.Thank you. So there were at least three witnesses that we know of? Not that it's surprising there'd be drugs at a party with 300 teenagers and college kids. Imo
It seemed early on there was talk from Mags and SS about the older guys and drugs, then there was a sudden shift away from that discussion. Which might have been to protect the investigation and not scare off the teens who were coming forward.

I wanted to clip the Sun article here to clarify what SS said vs. the tipster’s expanded description. There was a lot of discussion about it in an earlier thread. Basically, the tipster comments were somewhat controversial here.

From my California raving, multiple party drug taking days, I’m thinking:

SS said that Kiely planned on getting “effed up” that night, which to me suggests much more than alcohol. She was likely open to taking a good amount of two or more substances, and still planned on driving home carefully.

I drove our party group home on ecstasy and lsd many many times (thankfully no one was hurt during those years of poor judgment). Those drugs (compared to others or alcohol) allowed me a certain mental clarity to drive relatively confidently, often an hour or more through socal freeways. Also, this would be when coming down from the peak high after six or more hours.

Mushrooms though. I’ve taken many times and it’s very easy to get too much psilocybin and have a seriously mind altering experience. Where you are swept into a four or six hour mind warp. your sense of time and place and vision and grasp on reality is seriously distorted or obliterated.

These are little dried mushrooms or pieces of dried mushrooms, and you can eat two or three and have a nice buzzy effect. or you can eat two or three or four and be completely knocked on your rear, talking to the bushes for three hours.

I would not be surprised if she munched down some mushrooms and with her head and vision swirling like a kaleidoscope drove the wrong way. She likely was determined to drive home and would have tried to fight through such a mind altering trip. And during the peak effects of the trip right after midnight.

SS even mentioned that Kiely was not in the “right mindset” to drive, that in no way would have been able to drive out of there. That’s not cocaine or weed, and doesn’t sound like alcohol-drunk either. Sounds like mushrooms to me. imo

Last edited:

IMO a recipe for disaster, sooner or later. This time it's Kiely.

I'm wondering how viable is it for LE to barricade or throw chains around some trees to lock up that area after dark? Is this something that can be done, or it simply wouldn't work?
^RSBM

Some simple bollards at the edges of the roads that lead to the beach area would help. People could still park and walk and even carry kayaks to the water.

Another poster also mentioned streetlights. Installing lights a great distance into woods can be expensive, and the electricity would have to be paid for by the government / taxpayers. Perhaps some solar lighting would at least help.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member