Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

I feel like we need a National mandate regarding the allowable time for rape kits to be tested, Federally subsidized, if needed. No politician wants to be on the wrong side of that argument. Victims and future victims should not wait for lab backlogs. Sexual assault IS that serious.

I feel like we need a National mandate regarding the allowable time for rape kits to be tested, Federally subsidized, if needed. No politician wants to be on the wrong side of that argument. Victims and future victims should not wait for lab backlogs. Sexual assault IS that serious.

My feeling is, private commercial companies are slowly on the decline, some had layoffs. Maybe outsource the job to them? I simply can’t understand why rape kits are so costly to process. DNA is DNA.

That’s an excellent idea! Could be signed in as Eliza’s Law.

I agree with your reasons, but will add - her families name probably helped as well. The number of agencies involved was pretty phenomenal, you just don't see such a quick response, searches, or resolution that often. I'll leave it there ...
I agree the family name might have played a role, but also the rest of the circumstances, including the fact it was a complete stranger rape and an abduction that was caught on video.

My daughter who is in law enforcement, once told us that most of the rape kits ordered are for victims of domestic abuse or for date rape. Not for stranger rape. Stranger rape is fairly rare, IMO.

It shouldn't matter, obviously, but it's easy to see how a case involving a stranger can quickly elevate because everyone worries someone they love could be next. That lights a fire under folks.

All just JMOO.

Hundreds run for murdered Eliza:
Joggers gather at 4.20am in Memphis and across the US to run eight miles in tribute to kidnapped and murdered teacher.

Last edited:
New indictment here

Eliza Fletcher's alleged killer investigated in 2021 for rape (article that would not link, sorry)

He raped her armed with a weapon. In other articles, they knew his name. His photo was in a line-up for a reason. Never followed up after the line-up. Back up of test kits. Never asked for a kit from violent rape with a weapon (not a he said/she said) to be expedited. There is a problem here. People should be held accountable. Everyone speaks of "This little light of mine", but many other women have had theirs extinguished as well. They just are physically alive and psychologically damaged or dead.

Don't get me wrong. I see the abduction and murder of Eliza as causing a new and focused level of alarm. But, I am unconvinced the Eliza's was the norm of response. They had his social media and phone number and a report of a violent rape with a weapon--isn't that big enough to make the PD act in order to save someone else? I would have saved Eliza and the other people this man (described by people in the news as a creeper) lived near/worked near/stalked/harmed in the 11 months after the 2021 attack. JMHO.

Last edited:
My feeling is, private commercial companies are slowly on the decline, some had layoffs. Maybe outsource the job to them? I simply can’t understand why rape kits are so costly to process. DNA is DNA.
There is additional time and cost in training DNA technologists in proper handling/chain of custody so that the results are usable in court. Not so much that this kind of backlog is understandable but DNA as criminal evidence isn’t handled the same as other DNA. Moo.

IMO.

The details of the 9/21/21 kidnapping may confirm a common MO where CA-H is out stalking in the early morning hours for victims.

I have read where the kidnapping in 2000 of the prominent lawyer occurred in the "early morning hours" of May 25th, EF at 4:30am and the 9/21/21 victim report is showing as 7am. Not sure what time the actual attack occurred and where. Wonder how she was able to get away without being killed and if she resided at the Oliver residence or taken/dropped off there?

Also wondering if the intent is a combination of theft initially for ATM cards for money and then turns into Rape and Murder.

Crime laboratories have increased their capacity significantly, but they are not able to eliminate backlogs because the demand continues to exceed the increases made in capacity. Also, federal funding programs to reduce backlogs in crime laboratories are not designed to address untested evidence stored in law enforcement agencies. The issue with rape kit backlogs is little different than other forms of forensic casework backlogs. The backlog of untested rape kits is due in part to the volume of rape kits and lack of capacity for crime labs to process them, but another significant factor is that police agencies haven’t sent many of the kits for testing. For example, if the detective investigating the sexual assault doesn’t believe the case is strong enough to move forward with prosecution or if the case resolves early in the process with a plea bargain, the rape kit might never be sent for testing. Instead, the kits remained in police storage.

There is additional time and cost in training DNA technologists in proper handling/chain of custody so that the results are usable in court. Not so much that this kind of backlog is understandable but DNA as criminal evidence isn’t handled the same as other DNA. Moo.
I think the bigger question to ask is WHY were these rape kits not processed right away? Is it because sexual assault or other crimes against women, where they aren't murdered, are seen as no big deal? I think there is a bigger issue here than just the backlog itself.

I honestly cannot believe what I am reading here on this thread
I have no daily personal involvement thankfully irl with crime -
I work in a totally different field
What is going on in this country ?
No wonder rape is so ubiquitous
It’s an outrage to me and
I am sure to the victims
Why isn’t it an outrage to all of us ???
Date rapes/ domestic abuse rapes …are not a priority?
Maybe they should decriminalize it ?
Who thinks like this?
What, is rape just now accepted as just guys being guys?
Rape is a violent intrusive attack on mostly women
Just more misogynistic thinking imo
Mind boggling

This case so reminds me of little 13 yo Hania Aguilar in NC. Her rapist and killer was out literally walking the streets when he kidnappped and killed her while she was outside waiting to get into the car to get to school.

Another career criminal, who had done this many times and was out because NC was backlogged on over 15,000 rape kit tests.

Massive backlog of untested rape kits is 'a public safety issue' that may be letting offenders slip away, experts warn
Omg. This happened in Canada too with Paul Bernardo who killed 2 teens while his DNA waited to be tested against multiple sexual assault kits taken.
It has probably happened sooo many times and will happen again if this practice doesn’t change.

I wonder if these new rape charges will add a witness in the trial? The victim of the previous rape...to show a pattern of deviant behavior, adds to the DP outcome.
Yeah, I expect the State to seek the DP here and this lowlife will probably plead guilty for LWOP. They have enough evidence to convict him already IMO. The video showing the abduction, him cleaning out his truck, his phone pings, etc.

It makes me furious all over again. :(

MOO

Hoping you all can help me understand the timeline here...so Henderson is accused of rape when he was 14 years old. I am sure as a juvenile his charges were expunged. Then this dirtbag gets out in 2020, and in 2021 rapes another woman. Guessing his DNA was taken from from the rape kit results but because they didn't previously have Henderson's
DNA the results just sat there. Now, with the unfortunate set of circumstances with the untimely passing of Liza and the collection of his DNA, LE was able to nail him. Am I right on the sequencing of events as devastating as they are?

I think the bigger question to ask is WHY were these rape kits not processed right away? Is it because sexual assault or other crimes against women, where they aren't murdered, are seen as no big deal? I think there is a bigger issue here than just the backlog itself.

I wonder if it is because men don’t always believe that women were raped. They might tend to think sex was consensual, and now the lady is angry with the guy because he dropped her. They project own experiences, own feelings, onto these cases. I think women are more sensitive in these matters, but in general, victim-blaming and even more, victim-distrust, are prevalent in the society.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooniesforever
Back