ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, I don't think that this is correct. There have been many trials with people involved with fringe beliefs and the LDS church have moved forward. Mark Hoffman vs. State of Utah, Tom Greene vs. State of Utah, the trial of the Lafferty Brothers...there have been numerous examples of this. LVD and CD are hardly special or controversial.
Guess we have to disagree. Those aren’t cases I have heard about. This case is known throughout the world. To say the State, the Judge, the defense are all incompetent just doesn’t pass muster. I think they are all throwing the case. Maybe praying for Lori and Chad to please plea guilty and quietly move on. That’s covering for someone.

Guess we have to disagree. Those aren’t cases I have heard about. This case is known throughout the world. To say the State, the Judge, the defense are all incompetent just doesn’t pass muster. I think they are all throwing the case. Maybe praying for Lori and Chad to please plea guilty and quietly move on. That’s covering for someone.
I agree with that. They do want a plea deal. Mark Hoffman was given one, and his case was very widely known, but it is over 30 years old.

I see this case much like the one for Jorge Barahona, who I mentioned before, playing all kinds of shenanigans, no trial yet, in over 11 years since Nubia has been killed. And, I agree that the state of Florida has no desire for a trial. They want this gone.

Kay Woodcock statement: “It seems the only ones getting their way are Chad and Lori. JJ, Tylee and Tammy didn’t have a choice. Everyone who loved them didn’t have a choice. We can’t even have their bodies for Memorial service.Where’s the justice?!?!?!?It surely is NOT here.

The court is wasting time even considering her competency. She’s doing what she does best, playing games and manipulating this situation to suit HER. HER wants. HER needs. It is a stall tactic! I’m angry and disappointed beyond belief.”

One of the several new filings today the State objected to Defense request for grand jury transcript. Part of their argument said
This Court is without authority to release transcripts of proceedings not open to the public, over proceedings which this Court did not preside, and from which this Court did not receive an indictment against the Defendant.” one can their new filing here https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/100622 Response to Defendants Motion for Grand Jury Transcript.pdf

They didn’t fight the first one - I’ll echo Mr Scott Reisch again - WHAT are they doing?! Why is this a battle they want to fight? The Court can and DID Order the production of the GJ transcript previously (Order can be read here https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/Order for Preparation of Grand Jury Transcript.pdf ) but now the Court has no authority to do so?

Oh and they’re also fighting the defendant’s request to appear in street clothes. In my not-worth-much opinion the State is picking all of the wrong battles to fight right now. Don’t they want lasting justice and not a case that may be remanded or overturned with all these appeal issues?
Regarding JP's request for the last Grand jury transcript, Nate Eaton stated that the State replied that the GJ session in question didn't concern Chad's case, so he wasn't eligible to receive the transcript. It's not clear what that GJ was about.

Kay Woodcock statement: “It seems the only ones getting their way are Chad and Lori. JJ, Tylee and Tammy didn’t have a choice. Everyone who loved them didn’t have a choice. We can’t even have their bodies for Memorial service.Where’s the justice?!?!?!?It surely is NOT here.

The court is wasting time even considering her competency. She’s doing what she does best, playing games and manipulating this situation to suit HER. HER wants. HER needs. It is a stall tactic! I’m angry and disappointed beyond belief.”
I love Kay’s statement.
The judge just flat doesn’t care.

Regarding JP's request for the last Grand jury transcript, Nate Eaton stated that the State replied that the GJ session in question didn't concern Chad's case, so he wasn't eligible to receive the transcript. It's not clear what that GJ was about.

While that may be true, I was going more for the running theme of “State has failed to give us everything yet and we can’t prepare in time”. Just because the State is saying Chad isn’t entitled to that transcript doesn’t mean that the rest of their Discovrry obligations disappear. Both ‘Bill of Particulars’ highlight several things from each Defense that they say the State has but they do not.

The State’s argument about the Court “lacking authority” seems entirely wrong. The Court already Ordered in the past for transcripts like this, they never said them that the Court didn’t have authority to do so. I also don’t see anything that’s changed within ICR or state law that indicates a change, from August 2021, that the Court has been ripped of its authority to make such Orders.

It seems like their stronger argument would’ve been that he wasn’t entitled to it, and not including anything about the Court lacks authority. Unless they were wrong previously, the Court had no authority to do what he Ordered, but they didn’t stop him and the e Judge himself didn’t know he couldn’t order such a thing. That seems very unlikely to me but who knows at this point.

[while I quoted ‘you’, this was meant to be a more general response]

I agree with that. They do want a plea deal. Mark Hoffman was given one, and his case was very widely known, but it is over 30 years old.

I see this case much like the one for Jorge Barahona, who I mentioned before, playing all kinds of shenanigans, no trial yet, in over 11 years since Nubia has been killed. And, I agree that the state of Florida has no desire for a trial. They want this gone.
I agree with all you said. But I think the case with the Daybells isn’t politically motivated. I think it’s motivated by the way the DA, the Judge and other locals involved feel about their church getting tarnished. And that’s a real concern for them.

I feel like writing the judge. I have never and would never do that. But, I am so disgusted with him and the State. I believe all of this, the hearings, the incompetency, Chad’s motions, no cameras in the courtroom, is all a way to protect the church and any way that Chad or Lori may want to defame the church. That’s all this is.
There will never be a trial, and never a guilty verdict. Sad sad day.

I tend to agree at this point.

And if she is in fact found to be incompetent to stand trial I doubt she will ever lose her remarkable competence for manipulation, self-aggrandizement and justification and, perhaps most importantly, self-preservation. Lori will take her beliefs that she is a goddess who has done no wrong with her to the grave -- although hopefully not beyond it.

I feel like writing the judge. I have never and would never do that. But, I am so disgusted with him and the State.
Emphasized portion by me.
Whatever the reason/reasons are it is apparent that the State & Court want to have so much sealed. It’s kind of crazy to me the level it has reached (as far as the volume of Sealed records go).

Not being named here because of the Rules and also not mainstream media source but awhile back there was a social media user, one who is followed by many who follow this case, encouraging people to call the Judge. It included some expletives that one should say when they call & also images of a big middle finger with hashtags using the Judge’s name. :(

I’m all for anyone expressing their opinion and frustration but I hope if others also want to call the Court please take the higher road & refrain from just cursing them out. There may still be a slim chance one day the trial(s) will be recorded with audio or video and some sort of broadcast component. Slim chance but I think it could still come into play especially if a higher Court weighs in on some of the issues before then. But without that, and people calling in nasty things to the Judge, I can see why he may double-down on keeping cameras out. :(

((NOTE - this was not “you” @Love Never Fails, I do not think you’d ever do such a thing. I just know when this happened before people did call in and gave the Court their opinions, and I worry if more of that happens (and is overwhelmingly) negative and accusatory to the Court, that slim chance of getting to see this trial one day may disappear forever.))

Emphasized portion by me.
Whatever the reason/reasons are it is apparent that the State & Court want to have so much sealed. It’s kind of crazy to me the level it has reached (as far as the volume of Sealed records go).

Not being named here because of the Rules and also not mainstream media source but awhile back there was a social media user, one who is followed by many who follow this case, encouraging people to call the Judge. It included some expletives that one should say when they call & also images of a big middle finger with hashtags using the Judge’s name. :(

I’m all for anyone expressing their opinion and frustration but I hope if others also want to call the Court please take the higher road & refrain from just cursing them out. There may still be a slim chance one day the trial(s) will be recorded with audio or video and some sort of broadcast component. Slim chance but I think it could still come into play especially if a higher Court weighs in on some of the issues before then. But without that, and people calling in nasty things to the Judge, I can see why he may double-down on keeping cameras out. :(

((NOTE - this was not “you” @Love Never Fails, I do not think you’d ever do such a thing. I just know when this happened before people did call in and gave the Court their opinions, and I worry if more of that happens (and is overwhelmingly) negative and accusatory to the Court, that slim chance of getting to see this trial one day may disappear forever.))
Yep. That language shouldn’t be used by anyone, imo. The judge isn’t interested in our opinions.

Chad May go to trial and may go to prison for Tammy’s murder and may get a couple years for “allowing” the kids to be buried on his property. That’s his story. Lori and Alex did it and he has family that actually believe it. How hideous is that? Shame on them! The State will require that Chad stay quiet. No books.

But Lori’s lawyers and the judge are aiming for Lori to be locked up for the criminally insane in a state hospital. Anything to keep her quiet.

That’s the goal. Lock them away. Chad for a season. Lori forever.

And no one dare say a word about religious beliefs.

It reminds me of another long established religious institution who tried to keep people quiet about child sexual abuse.

This case has me so angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member