ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been the worlds strangest case. As strange as their beliefs! Judge goes along with whatever lawyers tell him to do so it changes frequently.
So dare we to understand that Lori’s case is stayed but Chads will be given more time and cases will be severed?
What a nightmare.

Since the judge denied motion to stay CD case, curious to how that would work. Do you grant the continuance JP is seeking and just maybe LV will be ready? However, he also noted that they can't just show up in Ada County whenever. I think JB created a lot of these issues

about an hour ago...

and 7 minutes ago...

(there are more tweets between these two, and more incoming)

I’m glad the Defense is getting what they asked for, as far this transcript is concerned - feels like it will neutralize that potential appellate issue somewhat, if not entirely.

I do find it interesting that the State argued specifically that the Court had no authority to do this, but I guess because it was behind closed doors in chambers we don’t know if they still fought that or gave up on fighting that. I guess we may await more media reports and maybe we will know a smidge more.

They had said - “This Court is without authority to release transcripts of proceedings not open to the public, over proceedings which this Court did not preside, and from which this Court did not receive an indictment against the Defendant.”

Are they just letting this one go? It seemed like a foolish battle to fight anyways just IMHO. Unless they wanted to throw a softball to the Defense for an appeal, which to be honest I can’t tell at this point between the battles they are picking to fight and the ones they are not. :(

Can you explain what happened - my speakers are on the blink. Did he sever the cases? What about Hellis motions?

TIA! :)
No severing yet. Didn't seem like much was decided from what I saw. Nate said Chad didn't say anything, was stone faced. Nodded when asked if he understood he would be in jail longer if trial is postponed. JP used the name Lori Daybell and then corrected himself and changed it to Miss Vallow. This is leading some to wonder if Chad flipped on Lori or if they have been divorced or never married in the first place. One could speculate that mught be the cause of her mental instability.

Oh what a tangled web we weave. When I say we, I mean they. I at one point had things more or less straight in my head but now I'm more confused than I was way back when.
Lori won't like the no camera situation, she can no longer sit there pulling those stupid faces that she thinks are smiles. She, IMO knows she has done wrong, she knows she is guilty and no doubt knows that CD is backing away from her.

Am I the only one that thinks the Judge is too weak? He seems to let Prior lead the way quite a bit, telling him what he should do.

Can you explain what happened - my speakers are on the blink. Did he sever the cases? What about Hellis motions?

TIA! :)

Between his video and the tweets from above seem to be

Lori Hellis Sealing- JB stated he will go back and re-evaluate the sealed documents LH wants unsealed.

Stay/Continuance motion- State wanted a stay in CD case. JP wanted a continuance, not a stay. JB denies a stay and will continue procedurally. State has no objection to a continuance. He'll issue a written decision by the 28th. JB did have concerns about a trial this length getting moved in Ada County as it's a busy court

Sever- This will now be heard at the November hearing

Bill of Particulars- JP motioned for this and JB denied

JP wanting cameras at the trial- Was not heard today

Grand Jury - JB grants the motion to supply the transcript to the defense

Notes- Both LV lawyers were there watching the hearing. CD in street clothes.

Just listened to the full audio of today's hearing - it was very clear and I thought the motion to review prior sealing of documents was quite compelling. But again, the Court moved into Chambers to discuss the "evidence" Prior was relying upon for the continuance, and regarding the purpose of the undisclosed Grand Jury. Rob Woods could not respond in open court to the Judge's request to confirm the GJ had relevance, but it obviously did as release of the transcript (after Chambers) was subsequently ordered. Tried to copy and paste the site for the audio - couldn't but it is East Idaho News.

Just listened to the full audio of today's hearing - it was very clear and I thought the motion to review prior sealing of documents was quite compelling. But again, the Court moved into Chambers to discuss the "evidence" Prior was relying upon for the continuance, and regarding the purpose of the undisclosed Grand Jury. Rob Woods could not respond in open court to the Judge's request to confirm the GJ had relevance, but it obviously did as release of the transcript (after Chambers) was subsequently ordered. Tried to copy and paste the site for the audio - couldn't but it is East Idaho News.

Thank you! I didn't think they even allowed audio. Here's the audio

Last edited:
No severing yet. Didn't seem like much was decided from what I saw. Nate said Chad didn't say anything, was stone faced. Nodded when asked if he understood he would be in jail longer if trial is postponed. JP used the name Lori Daybell and then corrected himself and changed it to Miss Vallow. This is leading some to wonder if Chad flipped on Lori or if they have been divorced or never married in the first place. One could speculate that mught be the cause of her mental instability.

I heard that the defense wants to bring in "other bad acts" by Vallow. Re her husband Charles' death with Alex.

Between his video and the tweets from above seem to be

Lori Hellis Sealing- JB stated he will go back and re-evaluate the sealed documents LH wants unsealed.

Stay/Continuance motion- State wanted a stay in CD case. JP wanted a continuance, not a stay. JB denies a stay and will continue procedurally. State has no objection to a continuance. He'll issue a written decision by the 28th. JB did have concerns about a trial this length getting moved in Ada County as it's a busy court

Sever- This will now be heard at the November hearing

Bill of Particulars- JP motioned for this and JB denied

JP wanting cameras at the trial- Was not heard today

Grand Jury - JB grants the motion to supply the transcript to the defense

Notes- Both LV lawyers were there watching the hearing. CD in street clothes.

Thank you!! So sever motion hearing on 11/10/22.

@montegrl - is the pretrial hearing for both still on for 11/9/22? TIA!

I heard that the defense wants to bring in "other bad acts" by Vallow. Re her husband Charles' death with Alex.

Seems to me like they are gonna have to sever the trials if her trial is indefinitely postponed. No reason to do that for him (Right to Speedy trial and all that...).

Interesting, considering CD is recorded calling a funeral home under a false name, pretending to be a family member of Charles Vallow and asking for prices. I would not want a jury linking my client to a another crime outside of the charges being presented. Seems like a bad plan to bring that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname