Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the part I bolded below says a whole lot more than the sum of the words. To me it sounds like they had their best, and most solid evidence against RA, yet are working on tying other(s) into the case. It's like so much was said without saying very much.

“While I know you are all expecting final details today concerning this arrest, today is not that day,” he said.

We are going to continue a very methodical and committed approach to ensure that if any other person had any involvement in these murders in any way, that person or persons will be held accountable.

My apologies in advance for this silly metaphor: The box is almost ready to be wrapped, they are just waiting to find the perfect bow to put on it. Then the present will be ready to be opened.

Last edited:
<snipped>

Allen was arrested on Oct. 26, a week after sources tell Fox 59 News that investigators converged on his house with a search warrant, seizing his car and digging through a firepit out back.

”I saw police cars going down there, a couple police cars and I never thought much of it,” said neighbor JS.

I know I heard that it was tiny, but I couldn't tell you where I heard that. Could have been this broadcast, or it could have been something I watched last night.
Any indication where burn pit was located? I wondered if it was legal in IN, esp. within some distance of foliage/structures? I thought at first perhaps one's own trash could be being burnt, so as not to put curbside, if that's allowed in the area? I wonder if he ate at work or wore gloves often? Surely obtaining DNA would be easier than say serving a search warrant on some other infraction to isolate DNA in a new location, sans burnt pit? Via relatives, etc? All speculation of course.

For me, the part I bolded below says a whole lot more than the sum of the words. To me it sounds like they had their best, and most solid evidence against RA, yet are working on tying other(s) into the case. It's like so much was said without saying very much.

“While I know you are all expecting final details today concerning this arrest, today is not that day,” he said.

We are going to continue a very methodical and committed approach to ensure that if any other person had any involvement in these murders in any way, that person or persons will be held accountable.

My apologies in advance for this silly metaphor: The box is almost ready to wrapped, they are just waiting to find the perfect bow to put on it. Then the present will be ready to be opened.

Sounds like they have their eyes on someone else ?
Another local ?
ISP Superintendent Doug Carter was very emotional, I appreciated him taking responsibility for any questions re. the investigations progress on himself and not (paraphrased), "...the others on the front line..." ; as in -- those working this case.

Maybe they are closing in on bigger fish ?
I have no problem with that.
Catch them all and put them away to live in a cage, never to be free to hurt another child !
M00.

Last edited:
Any indication where burn pit was located? I wondered if it was legal in IN, esp. within some distance of foliage/structures? I thought at first perhaps one's own trash could be being burnt, so as not to put curbside, if that's allowed in the area? I wonder if he ate at work or wore gloves often? Surely obtaining DNA would be easier than say serving a search warrant on some other infraction to isolate DNA in a new location, sans burnt pit? Via relatives, etc? All speculation of course.
I think they said the backyard, but I'm not positive. If they had enough evidence to obtain a warrant for his home and car, they surely would have had enough to obtain a warrant to obtain DNA. So I think those are separate issues.

Abby & Libby Press Conference
10/31/2022
Notes

• Disclaimer, these are loose, transcriptional notes of some snippets for reference purposes, and may not, likely will not, be an exact, perfect translation.

Introductory speaker:

“We will not discuss evidence as related to this investigation.”

——

ISP Superintendent Doug Carter:

“We are going to continue a very methodical approach to ensure that if any other person had any involvement in these murders in any way, that person or persons will be held accountable.”

[...]

“This is really important. While I know you are all expecting final details today concerning this arrest, today is not that day. Today is not that day. This investigation is far from complete, and we will not jeopardize it’s integrity by releasing or discussing documents and information before the appropriate time.

Prosecutor M will share additional information about what we can and can not say and will explain to you why the probable cause affidavit is temporarily sealed by the court and not available. And by the way he has been a tremendous, tremulous asset to this team.

I am yet again asking you for your patience and please your understanding while the system of due process works.

Also remember that all persons arrested are presumed innocent, all persons arrested are presumed innocent.

You all will have an innate desire subjectively to interpret and then report what you think. We in the law enforcement realm can not, and will never allow us to, talk about what we think concerning facts, but rather discuss and share (feed cutting out) at the right time what it is we know. The time will come when additional details will be released, but again today is not that day.”

(Feed skipped)

“The prosecutor has been very clear with law enforcement about what his expectations are, what can and can not be released, shared, or discussed, so we will of course comply. If you choose to be critical of our silence, be critical of me, not the front line. These are people that have committed their entire lives to a successful conclusion, in other words a guilty verdict.

As we move to the next phase of this investigation I will continue to offer all resources that the ISP has. It’s not only the investigative team I anticipate growing, but also to prosecutor M as we prepare for the coming months, again (*) has been very resolute and very clear, and I am most grateful for his leadership, and it’s going to be really important as we move forward.

Please continue offering tips that you may want to share. The many avenues will remain open and will be available to all. Please continue doing that.”

[...]

“...Remember we’re not done.

I think what we all had experienced proves that together there is nothing we can not do, but more importantly, giving of ourselves, all of us, all of us, giving of ourselves matters more than we could ever receive.

Abby and Libby, al though in death, have had a profound effect on so many of us, on how we live, and as importantly, who we all should be.”

Thank you so much for these notes @margarita25 they are very helpful. I was so focused on listening out for an arrest being made and the charges against the alleged perpetrator after hoping and praying for them for years, that it is difficult to remember all the details of what the members of Law Enforcement and the County Prosecutor were saying. I’m just so glad and relieved an arrest has finally been made, that he is in jail and that the case is far from cold.

I’m impressed that LE are saying the trial is in March…. Not long to wrap it all up in time wise is it? They are clearly confidant they have enough so far

Here in the U.K. a trial would be years away
That's just initial scheduling, but I would bet my life on there not being a trial that soon.

This thing will be pushed and pushed.

I’m impressed that LE are saying the trial is in March…. Not long to wrap it all up in time wise is it? They are clearly confidant they have enough so far

Here in the U.K. a trial would be years away
There are many many delays ahead. I would be shocked if the trial happened within 2 years. I expect discovery delays, competency hearings, change of venue, etc. IMO

". . .investigation far from complete . . ."

". . .haven't closed door on investigation . . ."

More heads to roll?
Yep.
Anyone else who may have been texting the girls -- as in not necessarily another teen girl or boy from school -- LE may want to speak with them !
By now they must have pulled as much as possible from their phones and socials ?

I haven't read about this yet-- did LE get both of the girls' phones ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike