ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized...I was mistaken. I was thinking it was on the other end of town. I know this area. It's only a few blocks from the High School. I actually carried the mail on this city route several times. Admittedly that was 17 years ago. Still..
1122 King Road Moscow Idaho
This area is residential, not on campus, as originally reported. I was relying on my faulty memory.

When something like this happens my mind immediately shoots to Meth...

a person(s) freaking out and killing people for no apparent reason except in their own messed up head.

Targeting 4 people is getting to the Wagner family killings (tho no meth in that one I don't think) area IMO.
I have to say I used to agree until I started seeing more and more crimes that are violent and make no sense due to folks not being emotionally able to control anger and feelings for some reason or another. Senseless violent crime is often just that, as much as I always want to have a reason why I am learning sometimes there is no why to explain these horrible things.

I have had a close friend and a relative (both now gone this past year) that got on that stuff. You would not believe the insane way it made their mind work. No reasoning with them either.

Ex: had almost $10,000 dollars in his home but would go to stores and shoplift fishing reels. Would get arrested, call me, ask me to go get money out of his house and pay bail. I am still flattened by the whole deal.

Murdered… heinous… yet there’s no risk to the community? Makes no sense.
It's not like the killer violently took the lives of 4 people and is just going to walk into the police station. Of course, there is a danger to the community since LE has state none of the 4 were anything but victims.

“Police in Moscow, Idaho, on Sunday initially responded to reports of an unconscious person on King Road around noon and found the four deceased students upon arrival.”
[Clearly, one of the victims made it to the street and died. Passerby(s) reported it as unconscious.]

“One neighbor said there was a lot of noise coming from the house on Saturday evening prior to the attack.”
[IMO: A neighbor ** or another roommate* went berserk about the party noise and left after killing the victims.]

* 6 beds
[This is a six bedroom house so there are 2-3 bedrooms unaccounted for.]

** Neighbor proximity: 1122 KING RD, MOSCOW, ID 83843 | ConnectedInvestors.com
[This picture shows the neighbor’s house is VERY close.]

Last edited:

From the article: "Four University of Idaho students found dead in an off-campus home were targeted, and the killer or killers used a knife or other “edged weapon” in the attack, police said Tuesday..."

Police have stated that they believe the four students were "targeted" and that the murder weapon was a "knife" or other "edged weapon" (which could mean a hatchet, machete, etc.)

Those facts stand out to me. According to FBI data, murder with a knife is relatively unusual in the U.S., comprising about 10-11% of murders.

Since four people were killed, this case also constitutes a case of mass murder, defined as, "...the killing of three or more people at one time and in one location."

I don't know of any data on mass murder by weapon, but the available information on mass murder in the United States indicates that guns (handguns, rifles, shotguns) are by far the most common means of committing mass murder in the U.S. In contrast, in countries that have strict gun controls, mass stabbings are probably more common, though mass stabbings are very rare anywhere in the world.

So this case is very unusual because of: 1) the number killed; 2) the weapon; 3) the "targeting".

I think the apparent identity of the victims and the location of the crime also seem unusual: four seemingly upper-middle class students (judging by their Instagram profiles and feeds) in a far west college town with a relatively low rate of violent crime.

Based on those facts, my guess is that this was a crime of passion rather than a robbery gone bad.
It sounds like a robbery gone bad was ruled out

The Moscow police capt said, “Something had occurred that resulted in these deaths – there was no robbery,”

Six bedrooms, so victims likely not all together. Person discovered the first victim, maybe in living room. Called 911. Didn't occur to the person who discovered that there were other victims; maybe they didn't even think the others were home. IMO

LE likely has information from victims' electronics that tell a story. And talking to friends and others who knew them gave them information to fill out what happened. Maybe they know who it is and that person is under surveillance. They don't want to tell everything they know because they don't want the killer to know. Because killer is under surveillance, they know they aren't going anywhere without them knowing about it.

Spurned suitor, stalker? Somebody one or more of them worked with?

All jmo

<RSBM for focus>

I agree -- or the person discovered the first victim obviously dead and a bloody scene, and high-tailed it out of there without exploring further. That's what I would have done. MOO.
Six bedrooms, so victims likely not all together. Person discovered the first victim, maybe in living room. Called 911. Didn't occur to the person who discovered that there were other victims; maybe they didn't even think the others were home. IMO

I am about to start class as I write this but I just got back from working in Moscow this morning. I drive to work every day and this morning I saw a news camera setting up in front of the memorial that's been growing at one of the university's entrances. I work just around the corner from Mad Greek, where two of the victims worked. I just can't get my mind off of this tragedy, it's overcome our community.
I think it's important that we continue to honor the victims and their families by only stating information that we can confirm to be true. We know more now than we did yesterday. Adding on to the information we already know, Capt. Dahlinger believes that an "edged weapon" had been used to commit an "isolated and targeted attack" although the weapon itself has not been found or identified. Additionally, the mayor did not further elaborate on the claim that this was a "crime of passion", so I do not believe it is fair to yet speculate whether the perpetrator was known to the victims or by the general public. It has also been confirmed that the "unconscious person" that police responded to was among one of the victims and that all four individuals are being considered victims of homicide, i.e. none of the victims were the alleged perpetrator. Mayor Bettge and LE continue to state that there is "no imminent threat to the community at large" while also stating that "no suspects are in custody". The last two statements continue to be conflicting, which leads me to believe that LE knows more than they are letting on to the general public. I can only hope this is the case as a member of the community.

The following articles have been most recently updated. The Lewiston Tribune article also includes an update <modsnip>.

Idaho students were killed by sharp weapon in targeted attack, police say

Moscow mayor asks for 'patience while we work toward a robust solution and eventually prosecution' in death of four students

Last edited by a moderator:
In the mad dash to create theories, much misinformation is instead created.

We know this is, in fact, a homicide...4 murders. Sounds like whoever committed this crime either targeted these specific individuals for whatever reason, or targeted this specific residence.

These murders are not being referred to as a random event, which implies there's some kind of connection between perp/s and victims.

Yes, one person can kill 4 people. Serial Killer Danny Rollins certainly proved that during his reign of terror. At o'dark thirty, victims likely asleep, maybe inebriated if there was partying beforehand, they were vulnerable.

It's best to take what's said at face value and wait for more information instead of making things up.

I trust they'll solve these horrific murders, though it may not be as fast as case followers want.

This is good to read.

The FBI in Salt Lake City confirmed through a spokesperson they are assisting Moscow PD with the homicide investigation involving four students at U of I.

They then referred any questions I had to the Moscow PD because they are the lead investigation agency.

Not if the person who killed them only wanted to kill them and nobody else. They were targeted, this was not random. So, no reason to kill anyone else. In theory.
Someone who was so violent that he stabbed four people to death could definitely kill again, IMO.

What if he thinks someone is going to report his location to police? I don’t think he would hesitate to kill another person or persons. What would he have to lose at this point? MOO

“Police in Moscow, Idaho, on Sunday initially responded to reports of an unconscious person on King Road around noon and found the four deceased students upon arrival.”
[Clearly, one of the victims made it to the street and died. Passerby(s) reported it as unconscious.]

“One neighbor said there was a lot of noise coming from the house on Saturday evening prior to the attack.”
[IMO: A neighbor ** or another roommate* went berserk about the party noise and left after killing the victims.]

* 6 beds

** Neighbor proximity: 1122 KING RD, MOSCOW, ID 83843 | ConnectedInvestors.com

Interesting that there are 6 bedrooms.

So my wild guess…and nothing more…is that each of the girls (roommates) had her own room.

What if the two victims that were dating were in one room, the other two in two separate rooms…and the other roommates were also home,but in their separate rooms and slept through the attacks? Were they the girls wrapped in blankets, maybe still in nightclothes,who police perhaps awakened when they arrived?

If they were spared, is this why the term “targeted”was used?

Just guessing, of course.

** 1122 KING RD, MOSCOW, ID 83843 | ConnectedInvestors.com

bbm.
i think the wording in that is misleading.
King Road is the name of the street the house is on. They weren't found literally on the road. They were all found inside the house on King Road. I thought this was confirmed by LE, but I can't find the article. I also have not seen an article that actually does say they were on the road of King road, only misleading wording that could sound like that.

Last edited:

LE likely has information from victims' electronics that tell a story. And talking to friends and others who knew them gave them information to fill out what happened. Maybe they know who it is and that person is under surveillance. They don't want to tell everything they know because they don't want the killer to know. Because killer is under surveillance, they know they aren't going anywhere without them knowing about it.

Spurned suitor, stalker? Somebody one or more of them worked with?

All jmo

I’m trying to think of a scenario wherein LE would have someone(s) who committed four homicides under surveillance but not arrest them. Juvenile? More than one suspect? Federal pre-emption? Detained in another jurisdiction (including Canada)? Drawing a blank, TBH.

Agreed that there are likely interesting digital trails. JMO.

Attachments

• 2AC7667F-4EA6-4159-B4B0-7E880F396B12.jpeg
    2AC7667F-4EA6-4159-B4B0-7E880F396B12.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors