ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all....I've been away since the Fletcher tragedy and maybe this has been discussed already but I can't help but wonder...it's possible but how can one person overpower 4 individuals who more than likely fought for their lives???? I get the Speck correlation but weren't his victims asleep when they were killed? Of course no way of knowing if these students had gone to bed and were attacked in their sleep. Anyway, I think more than one individual is responsible.

Someone who was so violent that he stabbed four people to death could definitely kill again, IMO.

What if he thinks someone is going to report his location to police? I don’t think he would hesitate to kill another person or persons. What would he have to lose at this point? MOO
I totally agree, this person has absolutely nothing to lose if he/she kills someone else, including law enforcement persons.

Wow... seeing that photo from the Daily Mail is truly disturbing. I don't even know what to think. As other people have said in this thread, I think it can really speak for the nature of the crime. I'm going to find it really hard to believe if it turns out that the perpetrator had no relation to any of the victims. If that should be the case, I think we are going to be looking at a lot of systemic failures that led to the assailant carrying out these horrific acts.

The four University of Idaho students knifed to death in the early hours of Sunday morning were killed so brutally, blood was left oozing through the walls of their rented home, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Exclusive DailyMail.com photos show blood dribbling down the side of the house while evidence markers could be seen on the interior walls and back porch.

Police sources told DailyMail.com that the scene inside the home is ‘the worst they’ve ever seen’ with the victims left to bleed out following the brutal early morning attack.

'There was blood everywhere,' said one source close to the investigation.

'We have investigators who have been on the job for 20, even 30, years, and they say they have never seen anything like this.'

<snip>

One of the victims – understood to be 20-year-old Ethan Chapin, of Conway, Washington – was discovered on the floor on the second level of the three-story home.

On Tuesday, police were seen collecting the contents of trash cans close to the slightly run-down fray-paneled home as part of the search for the ‘edged weapon’ they believe was used in the killings.

The trash was taken to a local garbage depot where hazmat-suited cops were seen sifting through garbage bags in a screened-off shed.
Who would do such a thing, was the person on drugs? LE say that the victims were targeted, but all of them? What would the connection be?

If Ethan was found on the floor of the second level, did he hear a noise of someone entering the house, and go downstairs (from the third floor to the second floor) and get attacked there and then the suspect somehow was able to overpower the others on the third floor? Were all the bedrooms on the second and third floors?

Did all of them or some of them or one of them know the suspect?

He had to be covered with blood when he left, so did he jump into his car and take off, or walk somewhere leaving his direction in a trail of blood? What a devastating case.

Or Richard Speck, who killed 8 student nurses in 1966 and left a survivor only because he was too stupid to keep track of how many women were in the house.

I have a feeling it's going to be something like this, and the victims were totally innocent and in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I immediately thought about Richard Speck. Each nurse just waited for their turn. One of them fell between the bed and the wall and was spared because, like you posted, he didn't remember how many were there.

Interesting that there are 6 bedrooms.

So my wild guess…and nothing more…is that each of the girls (roommates) had her own room.

What if the two victims that were dating were in one room, the other two in two separate rooms…and the other roommates were also home,but in their separate rooms and slept through the attacks? Were they the girls wrapped in blankets, maybe still in nightclothes,who police perhaps awakened when they arrived?

If they were spared, is this why the term “targeted”was used?

Just guessing, of course.

Hmm, that's a good point. I hadn't considered that maybe the other 2 roommates were home. What if the other 2 heard the commotion and hid and the perp didn't even know they were there? That could be how police know the time it happened. And if the roommates heard arguing or know who did it, that could be how police know there's no broader threat to the community. Police would have nothing to gain by releasing that the other 2 girls were home when it happened and they could actually put the 2 girls' lives in danger by doing so. That could be why they're so hush-hush about it. They don't want the perp to figure out the information they have is through witnesses who were in the home.

All of the above MOO.

Hmm, that's a good point. I hadn't considered that maybe the other 2 roommates were home. What if the other 2 heard the commotion and hid and the perp didn't even know they were there? That could be how police know the time it happened. And if the roommates heard arguing or know who did it, that could be how police know there's no broader threat to the community. Police would have nothing to gain by releasing that the other 2 girls were home when it happened and they could actually put the 2 girls' lives in danger by doing so. That could be why they're so hush-hush about it. They don't want the perp to figure out the information they have is through witnesses who were in the home.

All of the above MOO.
The 911 call wasn't placed until midday on the Sunday.

Hi all....I've been away since the Fletcher tragedy and maybe this has been discussed already but I can't help but wonder...it's possible but how can one person overpower 4 individuals who more than likely fought for their lives???? I get the Speck correlation but weren't his victims asleep when they were killed? Of course no way of knowing if these students had gone to bed and were attacked in their sleep. Anyway, I think more than one individual is responsible.
Iirc, R. Speck tied up some of his victims ?

It sounds from the severity of the attack that there might have been more than one perp ?

There'd be furious struggle with attacking just one young healthy adult -- imagine taking on four people with a knife or box cutter, etc. ?
The others would jump him/her.
M00.

I immediately thought about Richard Speck. Each nurse just waited for their turn. One of them fell between the bed and the wall and was spared because, like you posted, he didn't remember how many were there.
Was this before the days of cell phones? No college student I know ( and I know several) is ever more than six inches from their phone. Most kids sleep with them. All it takes is a voice command "Siri call 911" and the police are on the way. So I wonder why this didn't happen? I am guessing the suspect was known to them. MOO

What dark times we live in. How horrific. May God have mercy on us all.

Was this before the days of cell phones? No college student I know ( and I know several) is ever more than six inches from their phone. Most kids sleep with them. All it takes is a voice command "Siri call 911" and the police are on the way. So I wonder why this didn't happen? I am guessing the suspect was known to them. MOO

What dark times we live in. How horrific. May God have mercy on us all.

Ideal set up for roommates with 2 beds / 1 bath on each level.

“Police in Moscow, Idaho, on Sunday initially responded to reports of an unconscious person on King Road around noon and found the four deceased students upon arrival.”
[Clearly, one of the victims made it to the street and died. Passerby(s) reported it as unconscious.]

“One neighbor said there was a lot of noise coming from the house on Saturday evening prior to the attack.”
[IMO: A neighbor ** or another roommate* went berserk about the party noise and left after killing the victims.]

* 6 beds
[This is a six bedroom house so there are 2-3 bedrooms unaccounted for.]

** Neighbor proximity: 1122 KING RD, MOSCOW, ID 83843 | ConnectedInvestors.com
[This picture shows the neighbor’s house is VERY close.]

So there are two bedrooms and 1 bath on each of the three levels, downstairs level and second and third floors. Six bedrooms total.

Iirc, R. Speck tied up some of his victims ?

It sounds from the severity of the attack that there might have been more than one perp ?

There'd be furious struggle with attacking just one young healthy adult -- imagine taking on four people with a knife or box cutter, etc. ?
The others would jump him/her.
M00.
It's possible, but I think this was totally doable by one person. He likely had to enter 3 bedrooms, as two of the victims would have been sharing one. They were probably all sleeping, and being college students, maybe intoxicated too.

I think this was a blitz style attack, and not some drawn out thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname