ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed for off topic>
I have considered the possibility that the killer is a nearby neighbor who could sneak into the girls home and back again without ever being seen because he does not use any streets to travel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

The clientele does not appear to be collegiate.

Maybe late at night it's a different story? Otherwise I wonder why this would be their bar of choice.

Jmo
I thought the same thing! But there are 2 young guys at the bar, one with a frat t-shirt, so maybe it’s a mixed crowd? Kinda weird.

eta. Just saw the local responses on this—seems to def be a mixed crowd at that beloved bar!

Last edited:
We are on day nine- so the usual suspects should have been looked at thoroughly.
Now investigators move to Atypical suspects
A predator may know our appearance, personality, patterns, address, but we may not ‘know’ our predator at all.
Most True Crime chats seem focused on K as the target. These are reasons I can see…
- Mark Furhuman mentioned her talking about having a stalker
- Her mom and sister have gone public- we know more about her than other female victims
- She was out of town and had returned for a visit
- She had a recent breakup with her long time boyfriend
- Her time to be in town was limited

We know nothing about this Stalker?! To me that is a huge red flag
When did K have a stalker? What was the nature of the stalking?
Was it social media or in person And local?
Did she report it? Was it investigated? Did her parents know? Did her roommates know?
Did her boyfriend know?
Did the stalker stop, or did she avoid it by leaving town?

A perp could have seen K home. Seen K and M in the bar, know their next stop was GrubTruckers.
Watch them on a Twitch feed from a phone, and know when they left to go home.
Terrifying to imagine that a stalking predator could be the perp, but seems like a good possibility.
IMO MOO

Prayers for the families, friends, students, community
Fuhrman based that off what a random student said they heard from a friend of a friend.No other source has mentioned it at all.

One. Statistically speaking it's much more likely to be a single person with one knife than two or more people, all owning the same knife or passing the same knife between them.

MOO
Respectfully, we don't know there was just one. I've just listened to Mr. Snell being interviewed (the link was on this thread or the media one) and he confirmed that LE does not know how many killers there were.

Many have been worried about Murphy including several on our forum here. Isn't J over 21?
I understand people are worried about the dog, but it isn't important enough to the investigation that MSM needs to answer that question for the public by staking out the dog owner's *parent's house*. If LE thought it was meaningful to inform the public more than they already have of the dog's whereabouts, they would. IMO this was a selfish act done by the media bc they know this is a topic of conversation on social media about the case. Not trying to dismiss anyone worried about the dog, just the fact that this is a really sneaky and invasive way to go about it. Imagine your longtime gf was just brutally killed and you're being followed bc strangers are worried about your dog. 4 innocent human lives were taken and that's what people should be worried about.

Last edited:
Maybe this has already been mentioned as it’s hard keeping up…. Isn’t it a little strange that no reward has been offered for information, etc. by the Moscow police or family members, etc. Is it possible police know who did this and are building an iron clad case before an arrest... Thoughts?

One. Statistically speaking it's much more likely to be a single person with one knife than two or more people, all owning the same knife or passing the same knife between them.

MOO
Oh thanks I missed that! Was it stated only one single weapon used? I just thought maybe a slip with the plural used in the statement but language is funny that way. It can mean a couple things!

Respectfully, we don't know there was just one. I've just listened to Mr. Snell being interviewed (the link was on this thread or the media one) and he confirmed that LE does not know how many killers there were.
No worries at all. I didn't say we knew for sure. I was offering an opinion based on statistical probability since they asked, hence the MOO (which is also my all-time favorite acronym in WS).

Apologize for replying to myself. One thing I find interesting in this dialogue with Snell happens when he’s asked if they still think this is a targeted event. One of the reasons he indicated is the autopsy report. That’s just one of several he mentioned, but we’ve heard all the others before, but not this. Why would the autopsy report show targeted? Number of stab wounds?

Given the amount of people that have cameras these days on their homes, businesses, etc. I find it incredibly unlikely there hasn't been someone/something/a car that they were able to trace from that time period. They should be checking every plate that shows up on nearby roads from the time period of the murder. They have to b
I have considered the possibility that the killer is a nearby neighbor who could sneak into the girls home and back again without ever being seen because he does not use any streets to travel.
Agree, someone who could watch. I don't think someone waited outside in the area waiting for the group to get home.

MOO - I live and work in a college town. If the girls worked in a "college bar" like the Mad Greek, it doesn't surprise me they'd hang out in the local dive bar. They probably got sick of how college-age patrons behaved and felt more comfortable in their downtime at a locals bar. That's how it is where I live, anyway. All speculation.

Lots of folks who work at bars go to other places to relax and often commiserate with other bar/restaurant folks. Also to get away from being hit on by customers at their place of work.

After hours clubs are, or at least used to be, very popular with bar/restaurant workers.

When I used to go out, I loved dive bars.

We are on day nine- so the usual suspects should have been looked at thoroughly.
Now investigators move to Atypical suspects
A predator may know our appearance, personality, patterns, address, but we may not ‘know’ our predator at all.
Most True Crime chats seem focused on K as the target. These are reasons I can see…
- Mark Furhuman mentioned her talking about having a stalker
- Her mom and sister have gone public- we know more about her than other female victims
- She was out of town and had returned for a visit
- She had a recent breakup with her long time boyfriend
- Her time to be in town was limited

We know nothing about this Stalker?! To me that is a huge red flag
When did K have a stalker? What was the nature of the stalking?
Was it social media or in person And local?
Did she report it? Was it investigated? Did her parents know? Did her roommates know?
Did her boyfriend know?
Did the stalker stop, or did she avoid it by leaving town?

A perp could have seen K home. Seen K and M in the bar, know their next stop was GrubTruckers.
Watch them on a Twitch feed from a phone, and know when they left to go home.
Terrifying to imagine that a stalking predator could be the perp, but seems like a good possibility.
IMO MOO

Prayers for the families, friends, students, community

They weren't in that house for too long. They moved in there in August? So if it's a stalker, if there was any stalking done would have to be after they moved in I would think. It's just crazy to think a stalker of Kaylee would go right into that house with all those cars parked in front and with a possible guy. He really didn't have any fear.

That is very interesting if true. They don't know exit or entrance? So no bloody trail/footprints left behind by the killer? How is that actually possible. Ugh I just thought... maybe too much blood all over to differentiate an actual trail? :(

Maybe perp had on a hazmat suit and booties even.. but that would extremely planned out. Douglas Garland wore a hazmat suit for his triple abduction/murder and didn't leave one spec of hair of DNA evidence at the home of a bloody assault. So hard and sad to believe that it's possible to not leave a trace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eric.joel.rondo.sanchez