ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed for off topic>
I have considered the possibility that the killer is a nearby neighbor who could sneak into the girls home and back again without ever being seen because he does not use any streets to travel.
a la GSK. I agree.

Apologize for replying to myself. One thing I find interesting in this dialogue with Snell happens when he’s asked if they still think this is a targeted event. One of the reasons he indicated is the autopsy report. That’s just one of several he mentioned, but we’ve heard all the others before, but not this. Why would the autopsy report show targeted? Number of stab wounds?

Targeted due to ..... "Based on the information from the scene, the facts that we know, the autopsy report, those types of thing".

Perhaps they know of a reason ('facts that we know') that a primary victim may have been targeted, and that primary victim suffered the most wounds?

So I took a few days off, and well now I am so far behind, but it looks like not much has been happening in this case. Television spoiled me mysteries were solved in an hour and arrests were quick. But still no real advances in this case?

Anyone else feeling discouraged by the lack of info in this case 9 days in? I don't feel like we know much more now than we did on day 1. Wonder if things will rev back up after Thanksgiving since LE referenced feeling hindered by the holiday break.
Thinking the same. My hope is that the FBI has much more and has not done any public commentary. Local LE seams to have nothing. This feels like a case that won't be quickly solved until the wheels come off the perp. No-one that kills 4 people will be able to function normally and stay hidden - they are too damaged.

Apologize for replying to myself. One thing I find interesting in this dialogue with Snell happens when he’s asked if they still think this is a targeted event. One of the reasons he indicated is the autopsy report. That’s just one of several he mentioned, but we’ve heard all the others before, but not this. Why would the autopsy report show targeted? Number of stab wounds?
Perhaps the type and where the stab wounds were as well? And the amount :(

I'm brand new here, but (of course) have been convinced I could solve cold cases for years. Have I? No.

All of this is strictly MOO profile:

That said, I'm very interested in the two apartment buildings that are next door to the house. There appears to be a narrow path between them and very little area that you would be out in the open if you were coming from the apartments and headed towards the house.

Assuming they are student housing and they are close enough to be in range of the noise coming from a "party house" I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that someone in one of those buildings had had enough of the noise, in particular at this time of year where kids are getting ready to prepare for finals. I'd be looking at graduate level students living in that building, possibly first year graduate level, based on my own experience watching friends absolutely crack under the pressure of first year law.

Thinking the same. My hope is that the FBI has much more and has not done any public commentary. Local LE seams to have nothing. This feels like a case that won't be quickly solved until the wheels come off the perp. No-one that kills 4 people will be able to function normally and stay hidden - they are too damaged.
My thought too. If this was committed by someone in the community, then they are either unusually absent or acting very differently. Not to mention the physical signs of committing this crime. It's part of the reason that I sort of trust K's family about J- if they've seen him since, surely something would have been off. JMO.

I understand people are worried about the dog, but it isn't important enough to the investigation that MSM needs to answer that question for the public by staking out the dog owner's *parent's house*. If LE thought it was meaningful to inform the public more than they already have of the dog's whereabouts, they would. IMO this was a selfish act done by the media bc they know this is a topic of conversation on social media about the case. Not trying to dismiss anyone worried about the dog, just the fact that this is a really sneaky and invasive way to go about it. Imagine your longtime gf was just brutally killed and you're being followed bc strangers are worried about your dog.
Is J the ex bf of MM or KG? Was the break up recent? Has J been cleared as a suspect? not trying to stir any pot but just curious.

NB: I am a GenX latchkey kid. I lost my keys I don’t know how many times! But I almost always found a way into my house, whether climbing up the carport and wedging open the window over the kitchen sink with the shoehorn I used to jam my feet into my cheerleading shoes or punching out a screen and using a splinetool to put it back in order before my parents got home.

I am trying to square some data points, including:

*surviving roommates called friends/family of the victims before calling 911.

*multiple people spoke to 911.

*E’s parents said he was found in “the hallway.” Other reports say that all were in beds.

*a ladder was seen in photos at the scene.

*The 911 call has not been released. It may, therefore, contain data that LE does not want to be released.

Here’s a scenario that squares all of this data:

Surviving roommates awaken. A dog may be barking, a phone may be ringing, etc. They begin knocking on their roommates’ doors, but there is no response. They might try calling or texting their roommates. No response. They start yelling through the doors, no response. What to do? Certainly no reason to think anything nefarious, but concerned, nonetheless. Maybe they start reaching out to friends who also try calling and texting the roommates. But there is no response.

So the surviving roommates start trying to get the doors open. Depending on the door lock, it could be a turn lock on one side with a keyhole on the other or a button lock with a hole on the other side.

They can’t get it open, so they ask for in person help. (Got a ladder so we can reach the window? Can you get the door open without breaking the frame?).

Friends/family come. One with a ladder can peek through a window and sees E lying on the floor, but they can’t see much.

Discussion ensues, and the surviving roommates call 911. They explain the morning’s events. They put ladder guy on the phone.

The police come post haste and burst through the locked doors. The devastating crime scenes are revealed.

The police do not want the public to know that the doors were locked. Since it was revealed on the 911 tape, it is not released.

E’s parents are told that he was not in a bed but in “the hallway.” We take that to mean that he was outside of the bedroom, when in fact, he is within the bedroom, just not on the bed but by the door.

What say you, WS’s?

Moo, still think there was a message (maybe on skin - hate typing that and can't bring myself to expand further cos it's an awful thought) which is why LE state targeted.

jmo

Can't imagine the pain these families must be in, and the community of Moscow must be frightened with what appears to be little information about a suspect. Hope LE make an arrest soon

I hand't thought about the exit trail. Seams to be no way in that there wasn't an exit trail in the bloody mess. Either footprints of victims blood or something. Even if there was a hasmat suit, there would have been tracks or an obvious spot where it was removed.
That scenario is really possible. Good point. What if they just walked thru the woods and said to hell with the blood trail. What if the perp had an escape that didn't matter if they followed the blood trail a week later? Or for that matter 15 min later?

Hi All. First time post and I hope that I'm doing this correctly. I have several questions and was hoping that some of the more seasoned sleuths could let me know if my mind is going in the right direction.

Do we know of any "adult" websites that the girls may have posted to? Have we looked into OnlyFans or do we know of any aliases or underground communities that any of the kids could have been a part of? Cults? Pay for play? Any known alternative lifestyles that might tie them to a "different crowd"?

I'm sure law enforcement does this: Are all doorbell and home cameras in the 3-5 mile radius accounted for? Are we able to get any information from Ring or any of the other device companies? At these early morning hours, it may be helpful to see if anyone was out and about.

Are all of the Moscow landfill areas being looked at to find any evidence? That seems like a lot of blood. I'd think that there would be bloody clothes/shoes and, of course the knife.

Is there any way of finding out any ex-military that live in the area? VA would probably have records and perhaps ex-military might have the knife skills and PTSD that would result in something so horrific (sorry to generalize. Nothing against those who serve for our great country)

It would be interesting to see if law enforcement has contacted all the local hotels and airbnbs to see if there are any people of violent backgrounds that were visiting.

Finally, question: A crime of this magnitude can probably be narrowed down to certain types of people. Are there any EXPERTS on this site that can tell the likelihood of a gruesome crime like this would come from certain groups or less likely from certain groups? Like...I find it hard to believe someone that knows them, like an ex-friend/lover would have it in them to commit this act. It's too violent for most. This seems like it can be narrowed down to someone with extremely violent tendencies, ex-military, possibly someone with underground interests like torture, mutilation of people/animals, ect. Thoughts?

Sorry so long. I'd love to hear the expert analysis.

Honestly, I don’t understand what this says. Can somebody tell it like I’m 5?
"We asked the family to stop talking so freely. We are happy to share their thoughts as their spokesperson."

Just me being me. :) But I think maybe the family needs to dial it back a notch for awhile. JMO

I may be 5, too. Did I 'splain the wrong part?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member