ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe This is one reason why the survivors weren’t bothered, I’m late to all this And maybe this Has already been discussed
I think the layout played a big part in their survival. IMO if you went into that house through the rear sliding doors and saw the kitchen, living area etc. on that floor you'd assume 'downstairs' would be boiler/laundry room not more bedrooms. Thats assuming the perpetrator didn't know the layout

Not a mass murder, killed a single victim at a time. Ne was about control and killing. I question if continuing to kill equates to "functioning pretty well". Killing is not functioning and will eventually lead to being caught. If the perp in the Idaho killings is a serial killer and not a crime of passion, he will be unable to quit killing and will be caught. Just like Bundy.
Jumping off of this post. Bundy did mostly do one at a time until Florida where it was kind of still one at a time except four one-at-a-times at the same time/place. In his case, he went for 4 years killing 30 people and in between seeming "normal". Moving around helped.

BTK, however, started with a multiple killing (family of 4) and went to one at a time. He killed 10 people in 17 years. He also just plain quit (as far as anyone could tell) for 5 years before whatever (conscience, need for notoriety, whatever) caused him to write notes leading to his capture. He might have gone the rest of his life with no one knowing he was BTK (that is why I think he outed himself-narcissism) and IIRC he didn't move at all.

Not all serial killers get caught for their serial killing (might get caught for something else, I suppose) which means either they are a functional looking human when they are not killing, or they live in a subset of society where their quirks are not noticed or cared about. People with DID (Dissociative identity disorder AKA Multiple Personality Disorder) can behave in completely different manners depending on which personality is present. Some people don't believe in DID, I have seen enough that I do.

My point: whoever did this could be milling around with everyone else and no one has any idea, which is why people are so frightened. It's also possible they were passing through and have moved on to another city/state, which is why people who are not local are frightened. The unknown is really frightening. JMO

Can someone link me to the source of this information?
both things can be true - attacked in bed and found in the hallway. The Chief said on Sunday "Determined the cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing and determined that it was likely all four victims were asleep during the attack."

Watching more news and the Tik Tok videos IMO I still believe it is someone local. Fixed in one of the girls that he was watching on Tik Tok. He is local in Moscow, handyman, loner, etc.....Have we heard from owner of the house? Landlord? Were they paying rent on time or late, or behind rent? I see the Range Rover is parked outside the house???
Why at this point is there no reward for the killer? Usually at this point in a crime like this magnitude it would be around $100,000. IMO its someone local laying low and hasn't change a routine in his life. MOO

"Carnivore surveillance"
I'm all in favor of using technology to solve & prevent crimes but much of that stuff just creeps me out. Ah, for the good ole days...
Its amazing how much we have giving up in our rights. The 4th amendment states "and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things ..." has been trampled. Hopefully the supreme court can correct this in future cases. The "patriot" act gave away rights that make America what it is. Give away a right and they won't come back.

The "unconscious person" call part bothers/perplexes me.

From what I can piece together:

Surviving roomates are downstairs sleep in after a night out. One of the survivor roomies wakes and goes upstairs...sees another roomie, who won't respond. She calls friends over and then the 911 call happens once the friends get there.

1. Where was this "unconscious" roomate? Laying on the floor in the hallway or in a bed?
2. Did she look for other roomates before calling friends? If so, wouldn't the other roomates have been "unconscious" as well?
3. How did she not see blood around the "unconscious" roomate or the room in general when the scene was horrific? Whether in a bedroom or in the hallway, it sounds as it was extremely gruesome.

The retired FBI agent on GMA gives an interesting opinion on #3....but still....if the scene was incredibly bloody.....she didn't notice it? I say/ask this not in an accusatory tone. It's just weird to me.

I'm sure answers will come out in due time. This, to me, is one of the most baffling parts of this case so far.

Yes! 100% agree!
Evidence, clues and deductive reasoning.
Rolling's camp was several miles from the crime scenes. Wouldn't have to set up right next to the house. I'm not saying this is what happened, just that these things have happened in the past and shouldn't be ruled out.
Rollings was a serial killer who did sadistic things to his female victims. I do agree, though, that this killer is a psychopath, like Rollings, and comfortable using a knife, like Rollings.

What if girls let dog out when they got home and the dog ran off? That is why they called J so many times as he co-owns the dog. Girls can’t find dog so leave slider open a smidge hoping doggie comes back. Dog doesn’t come back soon but killer does come in. Dog is located later that day on-site by LE and is taken to animal services until picked up by responsible party.
I believed and still believe that this was an organized crime. Your comment about this added a whole new layer to me. I have been walking the line of an organized killer.
Your post popped to my mind the dog may have been lured out and left to go.

None of that is likely, yet it opened up a corroborating sequence.

I just don't buy LE actually found much evidence linked to the perp. Of course its sloppy. 4 people were stabbed to death and at least one fought back. There IS alot of evidence. Every drop of victims blood is an individual piece of "evidence". If the perp was so "sloppy" Why are we so far out with no POI. To me this looks more like an organized killer.
Just because its a sloppy crime scene with lots of evidence doesn't mean any of the evidence is left by the killer. I think they have shoe prints and maybe prints from a glove. I don't believe the perp cut himself with his own blade. JMO
Locard’s Exchange Princpile:
In forensic science, Locard's principle holds that the perpetrator of a crime will bring something into the crime scene and leave with something from it, and that both can be used as forensic evidence.

Watching more news and the Tik Tok videos IMO I still believe it is someone local. Fixed in one of the girls that he was watching on Tik Tok. He is local in Moscow, handyman, loner, etc.....Have we heard from owner of the house? Landlord? Were they paying rent on time or late, or behind rent? I see the Range Rover is parked outside the house???
Why at this point is there no reward for the killer? Usually at this point in a crime like this magnitude it would be around $100,000. IMO its someone local laying low and hasn't change a routine in his life. MOO
I think perp is local, ( or localish) because I never heard of Moscow ID before! There really isn't much around either! Whoever did this knows where Moscow ID is and likely did not bother with traveling hundreds of miles to find it.

Which of the roommates were or are in Alpha Phi, do you remember? And which of the roommates were or are in Pi Beta Phi? thanks for any info you may have on this.

I do recall that early on, one of the national sororities posted their condolences but it was way back on this forum and not sure if I would be able to find it now.
from M’s IG, you can see that surviving roommate B was her sorority “little”.. not sure about the other surviving roommate. she became her little in 9/2021, so it would make sense that she would join the house this year.

regardless, another sad layer to add to this story, as I’m sure many others can also relate to how strong that relationship can be the way I can.

I can’t see this being the case. They had like 9-12 tiktoks each, I can’t see someone becoming obsessed through social media tbh. MOO.

Disorganized killer:
Loner type, tendency to isolate self
Average or below average I.Q.
History of parents using physical abuse
Socially awkward, few friends
Blue collar job, frequently fired from jobs
Drives an unreliable, poorly kept vehicle
Never been married, rare girlfriends
Lives close to the crime scene
Usually no preplanning, crimes are spontaneous
Use of overkill at crime scenes, sadistic
May dismember victims, inflict cuts to the face
Choice of victims are not a priority
Does not attempt to conceal a body..victim found where they died
These are just some of the personality traits and crime scene habits of the disorganized killer. I'll post something later on the "organized" type killer.
Evidence, clues and deductive reasoning.

Rollings was a serial killer who did sadistic things to his female victims. I do agree, though, that this killer is a psychopath, like Rollings, and comfortable using a knife, like Rollings.
Please pardon me if this has already been posted and feel free to delete this post. Extremely interesting thoughts from a former FBI profiler.

hi! my last post was taken down however i will state something that is my opinion only based on my past experiences. a friend of mine was murdered several years ago. i live in a town similar population size with a university and several community colleges. we have more crime than in moscow however whenever someone is murdered in cold blood that is not directly connected to major crime or background people do tend to take notice. a friend of mine was taken from us from a gunshot to the back of her head. it rocked the town and it took investors 3 years to collect enough evidence and build a solid case to take to trial. both people directly involved are now behind bars for life. had it been rushed i believe they would not have had such a solid case. i know it is frustrating. the day will come wh n there is justice here. they have mountains of evidence. in my friends case, everyone in this small town knew exactly who did it but we could only sit and wait even after the suspects had been cleared for enough evidence to be discovered to lock them away and take to trial

The owner/landlord is an LLC (smart planning on their part, limits their liability exposure for anything that could happen). I seriously doubt they will speak out with this pre-planning in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861