ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I haven't caught up on the threads yet. Could it be possible that this person use to live in Idaho/attend UI and was part of the inner circle of this group, then transferred, dropped out or moved away(for example to WSU), but had some sort of fixation or jealousy with the 4 and lurked their Instagram until for reasons only known to them, drove them to murder?
I'm confident that the agencies assisting with the investigation have looked into all associations with the four victims, especially anyone who was a friend or roommate. moo

i'm going to repost this since i asked it shortly before the previous thread closed, in case anyone wants to discuss further:

how to do you think the perp got to scene? walked there or drove?

What also gets me is that even in this day and age, this house had seemingly zero security! Personally as someone old enough to have a young daughter at college and having been one myself, I'd have some kind of security. Door/window alarm, motion sensor or camera... They didn't have any of these things in place. Maybe someone noticed?
Maybe no security but house was in a good community with close neighbors. This house almost seemed like a perfect college student house to live in. The roommates all seemed to get along and the property was maintained regularly by property management. I think the target was the guest and not the roommates. If any of the roommates were sole target, killer would have had many opps to kill target without guests and other roommates occupying house at kill time. I think a party continued informally at King house and killer was either college friend of one or more victims and was invited into home for some reason late night/early morning prior to murders. I think the house may have seemed messy to Coroner because of not yet cleaned up party cups and alcohol bottles/cans. I do think house was bloody scene and killer had to have spent time post killings to self clean prior to exiting home.

that's actually a super solid point because if someone had a smart watch on the heartbeat tech is incredible these days and could give a near precise window of death.
I had a feature on my phone that would count how many steps i walked that day and it would record my sleep pattern. You don't just need a apple watch for this. So i agree if anyone had a feature like this activated on their phones it could be very precise.

Cottonweaver said:
Can't remember how to reply with quotes, not been on WS for quite a while but Steve Goncalves was interviewed today on GMA and regarding the ' unresponsive' ( or unconscious ) victims, his reply on this suggests that the surviving housemates tried to contact them via phone.

' I know the girls reached out by texting and calling '
( suggests they didn't see any bodies or have access to the victims' rooms)

Sounds like the killer may have locked the rooms or one of the rooms when he left.

What's the chance the perpetrator has come on line here or other investigative crime websites?
I think so. Showing up at any vigil is risky. Probably relishing his memories thru you tube pod cast, tv news, and maybe even here. Has not been caught and is probably still getting high reading and watching all the news coverage.

What's the chance the perpetrator has come on line here or other investigative crime websites?
I wonder that too especially when i watch live streams about cases and it's gave me the ick! I think their would definitely be a chance...

I don't think the LE could use it as evidence though.

i'm going to repost this since i asked it shortly before the previous thread closed, in case anyone wants to discuss further:

how to do you think the perp got to scene? walked there or drove?
IMO the perp walked. I suspect they lived close by - not exactly nextdoor - but close enough to walk. MOO

Does your phone listen to you? Mine does and it gives me adverts. If they could see what adverts come up on their socials then that could clue in to what words may have been used during the attacks. Far fetched I know but it is something.

Responding to this from the other thread.

Capture.PNG

I really believe this was a planned attack. So, not only did he wear a full body suit, booties, and gloves, after the crime I think he might have removed everything, stuffed it all in a duffel bag or backpack, and left the crime scene. Being a college town so near the campus, there would be absolutely nothing unusual about seeing a guy at that time of the morning walking around / leaving the area with a back pack.

First post & I’ve lurked from the beginning. (I like to be fully informed.) What a horrific tragedy. I can’t get it out of my mind. It’s one of my worst fears. My daughter also is involved with Greek life & resides off campus. (Not in Idaho)

I think Kaylee, Maddie or both were the targets. I don’t think the perp had a hard time seeing as they had fairy/led lights all over the house. I believe he entered from the sliding door & went to the 3rd floor, knowing that was Kaylee’s room as u could see in the windows. I think Ethan & Xana heard something, he went to investigate & encountered the killer. Then he attacked Xana. I tend to think he wasn’t aware of the 2 on the bottom floor. It doesn’t seem a frenzied killer would be charitable in that way, letting them live. Of course idk for sure & the surviving girls haven’t spoken to anyone to verify events.

I’m not sure about 3-4 am either. K&M were making calls until nearly 3 & unless they passed out immediately, I tend to lean more toward 4-5. ‍♀️

Excellent theories & comments from all. Love this community.

A thought I’ve had, If LE does have DNA at what point will they possible submit it to a genealogy site, 2 3 & me, etc. would they as Parabon to give them a general ideal of who they are looking for.

Jmo

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I haven't caught up on the threads yet. Could it be possible that this person use to live in Idaho/attend UI and was part of the inner circle of this group, then transferred, dropped out or moved away(for example to WSU), but had some sort of fixation or jealousy with the 4 and lurked their Instagram until for reasons only known to them, drove them to murder?

certainly possible, and would definitely complicate things. If he isn't in the area anymore, his absence at the vigil tomorrow wouldn't necessarily be a red flag.

I think so. Showing up at any vigil is risky. Probably relishing his memories thru you tube pod cast, tv news, and maybe even here. Has not been caught and is probably still getting high reading and watching all the news coverage.
JMO If he’s local he’ll be there. I imagine killers get off on stuff like that. He won’t be able to help himself. If he could, he wouldn’t murder in the first place. It’s that urge that controls them.

that's actually a super solid point because if someone had a smart watch on the heartbeat tech is incredible these days and could give a near precise window of death.
I’m in the UK and remember watching a programme about the investigation into a murder where they could narrow down the timescale because the victim wore a Fitbit watch which showed when her heart rate went through the roof (moment of attack) and then stopped. However I assume it would take a long time for LE to get this info and they seemed to narrow the timeframe fairly early.

Yes, that's exactly how police knew what time Caroline Crouch died. She was murdered by her husband in Greece. Her heart rate suddenly spiked and then slowed as he strangled her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911