ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

My curious nature and questions I have right now -
— They ostensibly signed the lease with only 3 out of 6 bedrooms occupied, how did that happen and how did the other roommates find them and sign on? How did the 3 afford a 6 bedroom (and K was moving out)?
— Why are both sororities now on probation?
— Why did X and K both recently drop out of their sororities?
<modsnip: sleuthing family>
— Why is there such a big gap in E + X’s timeline?
— Why is LE so careful with describing the victims as “likely sleeping” but also to clarify that they weren’t all in their bed?
— LE has stated they have not found any signs of forced entry?
— Why after 2 1/2 weeks is there no toxicology report released?
— If the dog was in the house and unharmed, is it even possible the dog was not crated? If it was crated, who crated it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing we don’t know is the time from injury to death for each victim. I have to remind myself that just because it was a bloody scene doesn’t mean they died quickly. I hope for their sake they did but it could’ve been minutes or hours.

a lot of people speculate they could be lying, which i suppose is possible, but then i remember the sheriff in the Jayme Closs case also did an interview where he said they had absolutely no idea and no leads and we know that was the complete truth. sigh indeed.
Ugh this is so discouraging I just cant imagine how they dont have a POI unless it was a total stranger.

Responding to this from the other thread.

View attachment 383534

I really believe this was a planned attack. So, not only did he wear a full body suit, booties, and gloves, after the crime I think he might have removed everything, stuffed it all in a duffel bag or backpack, and left the crime scene. Being a college town so near the campus, there would be absolutely nothing unusual about seeing a guy at that time of the morning walking around / leaving the area with a back pack.
I haven't ruled out a interaction with someone at the Corner Club. Alcohol can make somebody who's already on edge very aggressive and they can just snap!

Perp could have been having a bad day fired from their job, fight with a girlfriend and went to blow off some steam at the bar.

How they knew where the girls lived though leaves me stumped.. Unless they tailed them home and that's risky.

So many angles to look at :(

Could E and X have been the sorority based designated drivers and that's what they were doing during the blank hours? In which case, they weren't somewhere, they were everywhere.

it would fill in the gap.

Probably no one's favorite assignment either. Like KP duty. A way to earn back privilege?

JMO

Modifying an earlier deleted post as I wasn’t aware asking questions was not allowed?

My curious nature and questions I have right now -
— They ostensibly signed the lease with only 3 out of 6 bedrooms occupied, how did that happen and how did the other roommates find them and sign on? How did the 3 afford a 6 bedroom (and K was moving out)?
— Why are both sororities now on probation?
— Why did X and K both recently drop out of their sororities?
<modsnip: sleuthing family>
— Why is there such a big gap in E + X’s timeline?
— Why is LE so careful with describing the victims as “likely sleeping” but also to clarify that they weren’t all in their bed?
— LE has stated they have not found any signs of forced entry?
— Why after 2 1/2 weeks is there no toxicology report released?
— If the dog was in the house and unharmed, is it even possible the dog was not crated? If it was crated, who crated it?
I have not heard it confirmed that they 2 girls actually left their sororities...maybe they did. More likely, they just dont do as much with the sorority as they used to since they are in the last 1 or 2 years of college (cant remember if they are seniors or juniors). This is very common with sororities - to be less involved the closer you get to graduating.

What also gets me is that even in this day and age, this house had seemingly zero security! Personally as someone old enough to have a young daughter at college and having been one myself, I'd have some kind of security. Door/window alarm, motion sensor or camera... They didn't have any of these things in place. Maybe someone noticed?
First post, been lurking addictively for a week or so.

MOO > Perp was a local, possibly even a student. Would have needed to be familiar with the area, the house, the comings and goings of the roommates. Studied the house for a while (maybe even weeks) to determine the best time to commit the crime. He knew early morning Sunday was the best time, no classes, very few neighbors headed to work or even still awake. Wore a tyvek, gloves, booties. Hiding inside the house to know exactly when it was quiet enough to know that everyone was asleep. Started on first victim on 3rd floor, slit throat, possibly stabbing, onto next victim on 3rd floor, then down to the 2nd floor. Targeted person was probably more viciously stabbed, maybe even facial wounds. Removed outer wear after finishing and before stepping out of the 2nd floor bedroom area, left via the sliding door. Vanished into the night. The surviving roommates awake the next day and go up to the common areas. Wonder where the others are, why is the house so completely quiet. Maybe looked outside to see which vehicles were still there. Called/texted other roommates and got no answer. Peeked into the 2nd floor and saw Ethan on the floor; immediately called the siblings who lived very close by. They rush over and one or both go up to 2nd floor, see the carnage, and then grab the phone from the roommate and call 911. At least 4 people there and chaos ensues over the phone.

What we don't know: complete timeline of E/X and surviving roommates on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Leads me to believe that it isn't as important as the timeline for K/M. Which then leads me to believe that both or one were the target. < MOO
It is difficult to put yourself into the head of a monster who would so such things. I wake up each morning and check this board and pray that the perp has been arrested. My heart goes out to the victims' family and friends.

Perhaps the suspect cased the place earlier. Making sure he always had two points of egress. Top floor balcony, hard jump but not impossible. Middle floor, sliding glass and bedroom window. Perhaps he set up that window prior, and escaped out it.

JMO

A top CSI on another show also gave a good suggestion on how easy it is to case a home without ever being inside it.

Ed Wallace ( ex NYPD CSI) said that in the scenario of a stranger murder who targets people in the home (tbc he wasn't claiming that the Idaho killings were by a stranger ) he said all they need to do is go onto a site like Zillow to get the home's layout.

His other tip - in case worried parents are interested - ensure your kids have geo location turned off on their social media. (Wallace explained that if a perp first became interested in a victim through their social media, if that perp was determined to act, 'he' could remotely track their house down very easily and may even be able to track inhabitants down to a floor & bedroom.)

I don't personally think that this is the type of remote ' stranger' perp in the Idaho cases , but it's a safety tip worth considering for young women imo.

Let's think about the kind of confidence that it takes to go inside of a house in the early morning to kill a whole bunch of people in the dark, in their beds.

The perp is going to have confidence to get to the scene undetected and that confidence is going to match the confidence it takes to enter the house to do the crime.

A thought I’ve had, If LE does have DNA at what point will they possible submit it to a genealogy site, 2 3 & me, etc. would they as Parabon to give them a general ideal of who they are looking for.

Jmo
"If" is a biggie... but if they do, like many have said, it means nothing because it probably wont get a match. sure they could run it any see if it matches up, but I'm guessing any DNA sample wont be isolated as "killer" vs whoever else was in and out of there before police showed up. The problem is there is so much DNA around anyway, there is also the chance that the killer didnt leave DNA, jut like they cant find any blood trails from him either.
DNA may help this case ultimately, but there is no way they can run however many DNA samples they find and they try to rule out from there.

my point is How did the killer know they were sleeping? if he didn't care then that changes everything.
wondering if it's as simple as he waited until the lights were off? i think it's possible M and K could've been killed soon after called JD though as they definitely could've already been in bed with the lights off when they were calling him. i'm a Millenial but i have a very bad habit of using my phone while laying in bed, both at night and in the morning :confused: presume Gen Zers may be the same

*edited because i realized they were calling him not texting

"If" is a biggie... but if they do, like many have said, it means nothing because it probably wont get a match. sure they could run it any see if it matches up, but I'm guessing any DNA sample wont be isolated as "killer" vs whoever else was in and out of there before police showed up. The problem is there is so much DNA around anyway, there is also the chance that the killer didnt leave DNA, jut like they cant find any blood trails from him either.
DNA may help this case ultimately, but there is no way they can run however many DNA samples they find and they try to rule out from there.
How long does DNA take to run now? I've heard the geneology searches can take years for crimes.

The timing of the attacks as soon as they slept leads me to believe that the killer was standing there waiting. But how could he know when each person was asleep? Did he enter previously and install hidden cameras. He could have removed them when he left.
MOO- is that the killer was lurking behind the house watching and waiting. He could probably see through the windows when there was no longer a glow from the cell phones not being used anymore. Makes you wonder if the girls suspected something “off” and that’s why they were calling the ex bf and according to the time of the murders why it happened shortly after they were off their phones.

i'm going to repost this since i asked it shortly before the previous thread closed, in case anyone wants to discuss further:

how to do you think the perp got to scene? walked there or drove?
I think he drove parked his car (which had a change of clothes inside) on the dark street by side of the house and walked though some brush and entered through the sliding glass door!! <modsnip off limits> These angels that were killed are showing us something that has to be changed ….we will figure it out soon I hope.

my point is How did the killer know they were sleeping? if he didn't care then that changes everything.
If the killer was watching from outside in the tree line there's a direct view to watching the lights go out in both bedrooms on that side, so that's one way. but I also think he may have already been in the house waiting for them to come back as well.
the are looking at who came in and out of the house that night because they are also making sure everyone who was known to go in, was also seen going out or has an alibi

My guess is he didn’t care if they were sleeping but did plan for middle of the night when they were more likely to be caught off guard and less likely to be aware of his presence until he was almost physically on top of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125