ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post & I’ve lurked from the beginning. (I like to be fully informed.) What a horrific tragedy. I can’t get it out of my mind. It’s one of my worst fears. My daughter also is involved with Greek life & resides off campus. (Not in Idaho)

I think Kaylee, Maddie or both were the targets. I don’t think the perp had a hard time seeing as they had fairy/led lights all over the house. I believe he entered from the sliding door & went to the 3rd floor, knowing that was Kaylee’s room as u could see in the windows. I think Ethan & Xana heard something, he went to investigate & encountered the killer. Then he attacked Xana. I tend to think he wasn’t aware of the 2 on the bottom floor. It doesn’t seem a frenzied killer would be charitable in that way, letting them live. Of course idk for sure & the surviving girls haven’t spoken to anyone to verify events.

I’m not sure about 3-4 am either. K&M were making calls until nearly 3 & unless they passed out immediately, I tend to lean more toward 4-5. ‍♀️

Excellent theories & comments from all. Love this community.
The timing of the attacks as soon as they slept leads me to believe that the killer was standing there waiting. But how could he know when each person was asleep? Did he enter previously and install hidden cameras. He could have removed them when he left.

Perhaps the suspect cased the place earlier. Making sure he always had two points of egress. Top floor balcony, hard jump but not impossible. Middle floor, sliding glass and bedroom window. Perhaps he set up that window prior, and escaped out it.

JMO

Maybe no security but house was in a good community with close neighbors. This house almost seemed like a perfect college student house to live in. The roommates all seemed to get along and the property was maintained regularly by property management. I think the target was the guest and not the roommates. If any of the roommates were sole target, killer would have had many opps to kill target without guests and other roommates occupying house at kill time. I think a party continued informally at King house and killer was either college friend of one or more victims and was invited into home for some reason late night/early morning prior to murders. I think the house may have seemed messy to Coroner because of not yet cleaned up party cups and alcohol bottles/cans. I do think house was bloody scene and killer had to have spent time post killings to self clean prior to exiting home.
I'm just saying that I find it surprising that there was seemingly no security or alarms. Of course a house of 4-6 young people can be hectic and alarms could've been disabled for convenience sake.

I live in a college/uni town too and while it's a good place to live, we all know that predatorial types hunt these "grounds" for the purpose of killing people. Plain and simple.

Even by your own description and as much as I'm purposely exaggerating, a picturesque college town, a house inhabited by young, attractive, accomplished females is like a beacon for a predator.

Precisely why I said how are there no alarms or cameras in this place?!

i'm going to repost this since i asked it shortly before the previous thread closed, in case anyone wants to discuss further:

how to do you think the perp got to scene? walked there or drove?

I believe he got there on foot. I think he was confident that he could get to the house undetected at that point in the morning and the route he chose to arrive on scene. If I was a betting man, I would bet that he used the tree line south and south east of the murder house. That would put his residence somewhere east of the crime scene. I hope LE searched that area. Then again, we don't have the evidence they have. Everything they have might completely rule that out.

i'm going to repost this since i asked it shortly before the previous thread closed, in case anyone wants to discuss further:

From watching videos posted here my theory is that the person parked on Taylor street and walked to back side of the house that was more wooded and completely dark.

In 2021 Idaho had 36 homicides. Where does the necessary experience come from in solving murders?

That’s shocking! I guess they have to lean on the FBI a lot more than other states. Can a state request help from another state? GBI and TBI (tennessee) are often seen in other cases.

The timing of the attacks as soon as they slept leads me to believe that the killer was standing there waiting. But how could he know when each person was asleep? Did he enter previously and install hidden cameras. He could have removed them when he left.

that's actually a super solid point because if someone had a smart watch on the heartbeat tech is incredible these days and could give a near precise window of death.
algor mortis calculation will also do it if the body is recently discovered ( the victims bodies discovered by LE sometime around noon in a heated house - apparently the house uses a heat pump

the csi compares the body temp of the victim & the ambient temperature using something called
Eureqa equation

example:

What's the chance the perpetrator has come on line here or other investigative crime websites?
Maybe not here, because we don’t do rumors, but I’d think the odds of him viewing some of the more gossipy sites is pretty high. He could even be engaging and trying to throw posters off his trail. Especially if he’s younger, like under 25 as I suspect. Moo

Does your phone listen to you? Mine does and it gives me adverts. If they could see what adverts come up on their socials then that could clue in to what words may have been used during the attacks. Far fetched I know but it is something.
You know what, I’ve heard about this “listening” by smart devices like Amazon’s Alexa is trained to recognize “distress” and begin recording. Also, I recently heard that 911 calls begin recording immediately after the number is dialed (before the call is answered.)

I think they parked somewhere close where his car wouldn't be recognized and walked behind the house.

That night it was really cold and possibly crunchy, icy roads. I think he knows the area extremely well.

I had a feature on my phone that would count how many steps i walked that day and it would record my sleep pattern. You don't just need a apple watch for this. So i agree if anyone had a feature like this activated on their phones it could be very precise.
My phone has similar features. In fact I accidentally activated a Google feature which tracks my location. I got a notification asking how my trip to "so&so grocery store" was, and did I want to review it lol!

There are specific apps for sleep and routines. Hopefully one of the students was using something like this to help pinpoint things.

I think so. Showing up at any vigil is risky. Probably relishing his memories thru you tube pod cast, tv news, and maybe even here. Has not been caught and is probably still getting high reading and watching all the news coverage.
Attending the vigil might almost be expected though, depending on who he is. If the perp is close to any of the victims or in their social circle, it would really stand out that he’s missing if he is still in the area. Moo

We don’t know if they were attacked as soon as they fell asleep though.

Forgot to include map to my last post. These are excellent routes to enter and leave the crime scene. Anybody living within this area would at least be reasonably expected to possibly walk past the murder house considering the connected pavement path passing through the buildings in this area. Maybe they walk their dog or go on leisure (scope out the neighborhood) walks.

Attachments

• rsz_1moscow_map_4.png
    rsz_1moscow_map_4.png
    926.7 KB · Views: 60
First post & I’ve lurked from the beginning. (I like to be fully informed.) What a horrific tragedy. I can’t get it out of my mind. It’s one of my worst fears. My daughter also is involved with Greek life & resides off campus. (Not in Idaho)

I think Kaylee, Maddie or both were the targets. I don’t think the perp had a hard time seeing as they had fairy/led lights all over the house. I believe he entered from the sliding door & went to the 3rd floor, knowing that was Kaylee’s room as u could see in the windows. I think Ethan & Xana heard something, he went to investigate & encountered the killer. Then he attacked Xana. I tend to think he wasn’t aware of the 2 on the bottom floor. It doesn’t seem a frenzied killer would be charitable in that way, letting them live. Of course idk for sure & the surviving girls haven’t spoken to anyone to verify events.

I’m not sure about 3-4 am either. K&M were making calls until nearly 3 & unless they passed out immediately, I tend to lean more toward 4-5. ‍♀️

Excellent theories & comments from all. Love this community.
Welcome! And I just thought of something reading your post...

I wonder if the upstairs girls closed their blinds/drapes at night? When I was younger depending on the house I lived I would sometimes and sometimes not. Or if the drapes/blinds were open if the killer would close them especially with fairy lights on - people could see through window. Same with the fairy lights... if they were on, would he turn them off?

Responding to this from the other thread.

View attachment 383534

I really believe this was a planned attack. So, not only did he wear a full body suit, booties, and gloves, after the crime I think he might have removed everything, stuffed it all in a duffel bag or backpack, and left the crime scene. Being a college town so near the campus, there would be absolutely nothing unusual about seeing a guy at that time of the morning walking around / leaving the area with a back pack.
I think it is possible he took a shower at the home before he left. Especially if he was comfortable and had been there before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery