ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not agree, respectfully. We use that term for alive people in the medical field when getting CPR certified .
people who call 911 are routinely questioned as to the victim's level of consciousness.
They are never asked to deliver a certification of death.
Questions are asked about breathing, pulse, bleeding etc.

MPD, nov 27th:
On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.

So is that out of date? Is the fainting theory back? Or are they talking about X? Or are they calling E a roommate?

I do not agree, respectfully. We use that term for alive people in the medical field when getting CPR certified .
Dispatch does not use it for fainting.
In CPR and in general medical notes, responsiveness is checked. "Pupils responsive to light. Patient is alert and responsive." (This would be medical notes. I was a nurse and we checked responsiveness all the time)

In dispatch/le lingo, it is not used for fainting. "Unresponsive" is often used for dead.

Seriously, if a roommate had fainted and they called EMS, would Comms Director for the Idaho State Police be talking about someone who had fainted???

On the local evening news this is a common story: Police were called to xxxx block for an unresponsive individual. The person was found with a bullet wound".

If someone faints, what happens when 911 is called???
Caller: My friend passed out
Dispatch: "Is your friend breathing"
Dispatch is then likely to provide some instructions and if things don't go well, then EMS will be dispatched, not police. Police did not not respond to a fainted person call.

Standard bedroom and bathroom doors have locks on the inside. (That may even be a city code requirement during the building or remodel process.) Having locks on the OUTSIDE of bedroom or bathroom doors would be kind of weird, not to mention a hazard.

The house was recently updated/remodeled. If you Google Images the address, you'll find some pictures from an old listing. The place looked really worn and outdated, sort of like what you'd expect of a college town rental. The upgrades to the house were a huge improvement.

Old listing: 1122 King Rd | Moscow, Idaho
New listing: 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Zillow

Okay, but no one is suggesting they had locks on the outside of interior bedroom doors because that would be preposterous. You lock the door on your way out, then close it behind you.

MPD, nov 27th:
On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.

So is that out of date? Is the fainting theory back? Or are they talking about X? Or are they calling E a roommate?
IMO that to me almost solidifies that it was X there. especially in combination with Snell slipping up and saying unresponsive female.

Dispatch does not use it for fainting.
In CPR and in general medical notes, responsiveness is checked. "Pupils responsive to light. Patient is alert and responsive." (This would be medical notes. I was a nurse and we checked responsiveness all the time)

In dispatch/le lingo, it is not used for fainting. "Unresponsive" is often used for dead.

Seriously, if a roommate had fainted and they called EMS, would Comms Director for the Idaho State Police be talking about someone who had fainted???

On the evening news: Police were called to xxxx block for an unresponsive individual. The person was found with a bullet wound".

If someone faints, what happens when 911 is called???
Caller: My friend passed out
Dispatch: "Is your friend breathing"
Dispatch is then likely to provide some instructions and if things don't go well, then EMS will be dispatched, not police. Police did not not respond to a fainted person call.
not going to help us find killers in any case.

I know little about Greek life except from my college experience at UT Austin many many years ago. Each fraternity and sorority had a reputation. Tri Delta for example, in my opinion, tended to be affluent girls. Does anyone know the reps of the sororities the victims belonged to? Feel free to pm me if you think it violates TOS. I'd like to know what the typical member might be like. This whole incel/Stacy thing is new to me. Never heard of it.
there is an episode of law and order SVU where a group of incels coordinate to trade attacks on each other’s “stacy”, and the fact that they traded attack victims helped them avoid getting caught because they aren’t connected to their victim in any way (please tell me someone else has seen this and knows what i’m talking about)

but essentially maybe something like that could have happened where the attack was carried out by someone hired by someone who knows the girls IRL. someone who had a good alibi and was cleared maybe?? it would be like hiring a hitman

all MOO

MPD, nov 27th:

I hate the fainting theory.

Plausible but i would think if anyones going to break into a house to commit that kind of crime they would check the vehicles. If he did come round the back and went down that icey slope, i hope he fell on his butt.
Ditto.

Are you sure about that? In the medical field, unresponsive simply means the person doesn't respond when you talk to them or gently shake them. They may have fainted, be under influence of something, be knocked out, or even dying. That could easily apply so someone suffering some kind of vasovagal or neurocadiogenic syncope.
Medical field and EMS dispatch lingo are two different things.

I assume most fainted people are responsive to touch? They may not come to, put if you touch them, they will usually have a physical reaction, such as moving a limb? (Sorry, I have not been around fainting people).

I've been around a few people on vents and yes, they aren't responsive to this or that...I'm sure when I had surgery, my responsiveness was documented in the notes. But it's a different setting....

Last edited:
Targeted means a specific person or people. That is why LE believes others in the community are not at risk. From their FAQ:
It can mean that. It can also mean a building or in this case the house. Unless LE has something specific such as postmortem stab wounds on one victim only or many more stab wounds on one victim and not the others, or some tangible evidence left by the killer (such as a note with a word on it) close to one victim, it very well could be that the house was targeted because of where it's located, not much lighting, easy in and out, vulnerable occupants, etc.
MOO

Okay, but no one is suggesting they had locks on the outside of interior bedroom doors because that would be preposterous. You lock the door on your way out, then close it behind you.
We are in agreement. I think a lot of people believe if the killer locked the bedroom doors, then he MUST have remained inside the rooms and exited through a window or sliding door (depending on the floor) on his way out. My point was that people forget that you can lock a bedroom door from the inside, leave the room and close the door and it will remained locked. I wasn't very clear.

I hate the fainting theory.
Frankly, I don't hate it. If the scene was as graphic as I think it might have been - if they walked onto the target or targets - I can buy it. But at the moment it just does not fit some of the information PD has given. MOO: I think the survivors reported on X, either because she was the first to have plans and possibly less drunk the night before, or because she was on the 2nd floor and the others on the 3rd, or because she gave the perp a living hell with her last fight. And I just like believing in the last option. Just personal preference. Youknow, the usual, I hope she hit his crotch with her knee AND grabbed some DNA under her nails.

They are definitely holding whatever cards they may have close to the chest/vest. I'm surprised there aren't more leaks or even information coming out from students or local Muscovites.
I'm glad they are. I'm sure it's especially difficult for LE to look into the families' faces or hear their desperate voices over the phone and NOT be able to provide them with more information in order to protect the integrity of the case.

From the Timeline on the Media Thread, page 3, Su NOV 13, 11:58 am:

"officers describe a bloody crime scene, "especially on upper floors of the house" [37]"

In my opinion, by saying "especially" that indicates that the entire house was a bloody crime scene, but it was especially bad on the upper floors with only minimal evidence (blood) on the first floor.

I see two scenarios as to how the lower floor had blood: either the killer tracked it down or at least one of the surviving roommates went upstairs, saw the crime scene, and then tracked it down.

If the police seem very disturbed at what that crime scene looked like, I cannot imagine how very difficult it would be for a young college student to see the murder scene for her friends. It is so easy for me to believe that she could have gone back downstairs and fainted and this is what alerted friends to call 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911