Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMEI is used for GSM networks (AT&T, Tmo, etc), while ESN or MEID are used for CDMA networks (Verizon, Sprint). It’s just a unique identifier for the phone that is registered with a carrier to allow the device on their network.

As far as pings, those generally refer to E911 responses from phones in real-time at the direction of a court order. They wouldn’t be able to get pings because they only exist in real-time. They, however, would be able to look at tower dumps and see if that MEID appeared and also get a search warrant for phone records and get historical tower data from his phone in particular. That may or may not be very fruitful depending on the network, location of towers, and cellular activity at the time.

JMO
Makes a lot of sense, thank you for clearing that up!

I'm still stuck on the press release from the defense attorney. Why would they mention "did not throw out his clothing" if their strategy is "Rick is innocent". Why even mention the clothes?

If he's innocent, then he's not BG and his clothes aren't the clothes BG was wearing, so why would what he wore that day matter if he wasn't the killer.

The defense attorney mentioning RA still owning the clothes from that day points more to guilt than innocence. They could have simply not mentioned the clothes.
I think they're trying to convince the public that if RA was the murderer, he would have thrown out his bloodstained clothes. But because he didn't throw out his clothes, well, it can't possibly be him.

I'm not buying it.
I don't think they are either, but at least they tried getting ahead and creating a narrative.
That's just them doing their job.

jmo

IMEI is used for GSM networks (AT&T, Tmo, etc), while ESN or MEID are used for CDMA networks (Verizon, Sprint). It’s just a unique identifier for the phone that is registered with a carrier to allow the device on their network.

As far as pings, those generally refer to E911 responses from phones in real-time at the direction of a court order. They wouldn’t be able to get pings because they only exist in real-time. They, however, would be able to look at tower dumps and see if that MEID appeared and also get a search warrant for phone records and get historical tower data from his phone in particular. That may or may not be very fruitful depending on the network, location of towers, and cellular activity at the time.

JMO
Thank you for that explanation, as I have not understood this until now. So whether he had an IMEI or MEID only really tells us that his carrier was with one network vs another? I think there's a good reason that there is nothing in the PCA about whether his phone was connecting to the towers during the timeframe of the murders.

While noting the picture of BG could certainly refresh RA's memory of what he wore that day as apparently he and BG were twinning . . .

I do not remember what I was wearing the day the twin towers fell. I remember the day all right.

I have no memory of what I was wearing when my brother called to tell me Dad had just died. I can tell you the clock in my car is seared at 10:18 forever in my memory.

I actually know what I wore to my Dad's funeral. The last day I saw his face.

I know what I wore at my daughter's wedding as mother of the bride.

My point? I personally can only remember my wardrobe on huge, life changing days.

JMO

I think they're trying to convince the public that if RA was the murderer, he would have thrown out his bloodstained clothes. But because he didn't throw out his clothes, well, it can't possibly be him.

I'm not buying it.
I don't think they are either, but at least they tried getting ahead and creating a narrative.
That's just them doing their job.

jmo
Right, but why even admit he had clothes that matched the description of the killer? I guess RA telling LE he was wearing those clothes in his October interview isn't really helping him at this point. I bet his attorney is not loving how chatty RA was before hiring an attorney.

I would like to believe police got their man but I could have believed RL was guilty too because of all that was in his warrant doc. In that one they told us what he did before and after the crime. In the matter or RA this is all missing. Why?
RSBM.

This made me think of something. A lot of people were suspicious of RL's 2:09 phone call. He literally would have had to be standing on the bridge when he made that call if he were BG, in order to get to the girls on the south end by 2:13 (unless he was super efficient at crossing the bridge).

LE knows to whom that 2:09 phone call was placed, and if it were RA, I think that would have brought RA's name up much sooner. That just kind of adds to me thinking RL was not involved...

JMO.

Police have been looking for some digital evidence of photo’s or video. RA tells the CO he did not take any pictures or video.(strange comment) I am sure the police are going through his devices. Video or pictures have been mentioned in search warrants for RL and KK. Somehow police think there are photos. Question- if you take a video or picture and sometime later transfer it to a storage device and erase it from your phone, can it still be found on your phone and in the cloud if the police search for it?
Not if he had a second, group phone LE didn't (yet) know about.

MOO RA had a special phone that day, to track and record.

JMO

Dark or poor lighting conditions can affect a person's color recognition, too. Look at "BG" in the photo on the bridge... to me it looks like the left hand side of his jacket (his right side) is dark blue but the right side of the jacket (his left side) looks black. The black side of the jacket is in shadow and the color appears to change and yet we know the whole jacket is just one color... dark blue. (Although, to be fair, that's just how I see it and others may see it differently.)
View attachment 384365
I still think theres a black hoody under there

Instead of being further clarified, LE now saying something was "misfiled" seems totally opposite of the original LE narrative that a fresh set of eyes noticed something that had been previously overlooked or not pursued.

Misfiled suggests record of the tip or interview was placed in the wrong spot (say Point B) such that when someone would've dutifully went to follow-up, re-interview, etc, the original record would have been missing or not where it should've been (say Point A) - and more importantly that could only have been discovered if/when someone looking through Point B's file would've discovered something in that file should Not have been there and then took the step of returning it to its rightful place - only alternative being the ability to scour or sort through every possible destination to find without stumbling upon. We've all been there where a key or one earring is missing and we have a few prospects that maybe it could be, but if it's not located in one of those places, we kind of just hope it unexpectedly turns up in the future since it's not feasible to search an entire shopping mall or a whole golf course looking for such a small item.

The original narrative would suppose that no execution errors were made (as a mis-filing would be classified as) but that the notes, tip, interview, etc were always there where they should've been and initially were handled as they should've been but just got looked over or failed to receive subsequent attention during the mass of tips, heat of the moment, overlap of duties, or similar.

May be a meaningless difference, but it seems that the blame has shifted from a (perhaps large) group of LE professionals not being diligent, to now being pinned on an unnamed civilian lower-level admin person.

Assuming RA is the killer...

How does one go from point A: having no criminal record, owning the same gun and living in the same community for over a decade, and walking the same trail system on a regular basis, to point B: parking at the trail, walking with a mission to the bridge, waiting around the bridge for around 10 minutes before following two girls across the south half of the bridge to kidnap and murder them?

If something had simply triggered him to kill at random that day, why those girls? The witness who saw him on the bridge, only 50 feet away...why not her? He crossed the entire bridge in less than 5 minutes (somewhere between 2:07 and 2:13), so why didn't he cross 50 feet and force that lady into the woods at gunpoint when nobody else was around, not even the girls?

IMO, RA might have gone from point A to point B because this was not a random, triggered attack, this was a personal, targeted attack. He seemingly spent quite a bit of time with them, behaving oddly and leaving behind signatures of himself. I've been wrong about a lot of things, and this could be another, but it's my feeling as of today that this was intensely purposeful to him. JMO.
CSAM is my guess. He got into it, needed more, the thrill wasn't enough...ned to fulfill the void and fantasy he can't fulfill with photos and videos anymore.

JMO

No, the only thing it says about his phone is this:

View attachment 384444

I don't understand it, but some phones have the IMEI, and others have the MEID.
The PCA didn't mention anything about his phone pings.

Seems as if the conservation officer recorded the MEID number off RA’s phone for record purposes at the time of the meeting between the two. Ping and tracking and such would normally occur at a later date when additional followup took place, which we know didn’t occur in this case as the tip was misfiled.

About the IMEI and MEID Numbers​

IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It's a unique 15-digit number assigned to all cellular devices.

The 14-digit MEID stands for Mobile Equipment Identifier and is similarly meant to identify a mobile device. It is sometimes known as an electronic serial number. You can translate the IMEI to a MEID by dropping the last digit.

CDMA mobile phones and tablets on Sprint and Verizon networks have a MEID number, while GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile use IMEI numbers.

Right, but why even admit he had clothes that matched the description of the killer? I guess RA telling LE he was wearing those clothes in his October interview isn't really helping him at this point. I bet his attorney is not loving how chatty RA was before hiring an attorney.

just another delusional murderer who thinks they are smarter than LE.

Seems as if the conservation officer recorded the MEID number off RA’s phone for record purposes at the time of the meeting between the two. Ping and tracking and such would normally occur at a later date when additional followup took place, which we know didn’t occur in this case as the tip was misfiled.

About the IMEI and MEID Numbers​

IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It's a unique 15-digit number assigned to all cellular devices.

The 14-digit MEID stands for Mobile Equipment Identifier and is similarly meant to identify a mobile device. It is sometimes known as an electronic serial number. You can translate the IMEI to a MEID by dropping the last digit.

CDMA mobile phones and tablets on Sprint and Verizon networks have a MEID number, while GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile use IMEI numbers.
Per RI They had subpoena for all the phones in the area.
Why no investigation based on location of RAs phone.

RA reported that he saw three girls on the trail. He reported he stood on the platform of the bridge, then sat on a bench. But he never reports seeing the witness who saw him on the bridge. Maybe he never saw her?

Also there were no other male individuals seen on the trails at that time.
I keep seeing people say this and from what I understand this isn't true, from the very start of this investigation we know there was at least one other adult male on the trails who was referred to as Flannel Shirt Guy. He spoke to one of the girl's dads when he was there to pick them up.

BTW, this is my first comment on this site, I've been reading along for years. Some of the insight on here is excellent.

But here's the problem with that. SIx years have passed, and if RA has been using his firearm, there will be additional wear. And the markings should no longer match. It reminds me of a certain glove. "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit." And an acquittal is exactly what happened.
My thoughts exactly. When guns come off the assembly line they are pretty darn similar. Over time the extractor and other features of the chamber progressively become more individual depending on how many times it's fired, what kind of ammunition is fired through it, how often the gun is cleaned, etc.

So how many times has RA's .40 Sig been fired in the last 5 1/2 years? 10? 100? 1,000? How similar is the chamber, the ejector, the extractor today compared to 5 1/2 years ago? An expert is going to have to admit these features change with use progressively over time. That's how guns become "individual" in the first place. They grow into themselves.

I go to the range about once a week on average and fire about 100 rounds. I myself am now wondering how similar my firearm is today after firing thousands of rounds through it. I've never really thought about it, but I sincerely doubt it is *exactly* the same as it was 5 years ago. The barrel itself, maybe, but the components of the chamber? As a juror I would be more comfortable if that weapon and casing were matched nearer the time of the crimes rather than 5 years later.

But who knows? Maybe the prosecutor will get lucky and RA hasn't fired that gun at all in the intervening years. Some people don't. They buy a firearm for personal protection but rarely, if ever, fire it.

Another thing I would want to know as a juror is how many other casings, spent or unspent, were found on RL's property. RL had a number of firearms too and it's likely he and other people over the years carried out target practice on that property. It's kind of what you do in rural America. Were there other .40 casings found there? How many? Were any others "similar" to RA's .40? Were there 10 other .40 casings that were similar but you're not telling me about the other 9?

As a juror, I have a lot of questions about this piece of evidence and I hope the prosecutor is prepared for them. My opinions only.

Per RI They had subpoena for all the phones in the area.
Why no investigation based on location of RAs phone.

I don’t think we know for a fact that LE was able obtain data on exact cellphone location, beyond perhaps what information cell tower dumps yielded for cellphones pinging from a wide ranging area. Any active cellphone which was being used by anybody local would be ping even from their own home so I don’t think that would’ve given LE much of a lead, unless they were investigating a possible out of town suspect to determine if they where near Delphi at the time (ie KAK). JMO

I keep seeing people say this and from what I understand this isn't true, from the very start of this investigation we know there was at least one other adult male on the trails who was referred to as Flannel Shirt Guy. He spoke to one of the girl's dads when he was there to pick them up.

BTW, this is my first comment on this site, I've been reading along for years. Some of the insight on here is excellent.
Yes, there is even information on this in the PCA. It all comes down to the timing.

1670000602502.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member