ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, no problem. I appreciate the discussion. IMO 'who did it?' can be analyzed by looking at the how, why, what of it, and it's essential to analyze the pre-crime prep as well as steps inside. The problem I have with most theories is that I can't get from beginning to end with them. So I want to step-by-step this. anyway. My first post on ws described how I went through the scene in my head. Part of the post and if you look at a schematic, you'll see how he could have been trapped, esp if e woke up and had a weapon. Even if he hadn't been caught, there'd be potential living witnesses to id him.

I think he’d have gone in through the second floor sliding door after he was sure everyone was asleep, not through the first door with the keypad, even though he might know their code. I believe the first floor only has one possible exit. He would not let himself be trapped. On the second floor, he would have three potential door exits. Even on the 3rd floor, more options and he’s in good shape, so he could jump from the third story window or deck, if needed.

He’d go to the second floor bedroom first. E, the biggest and potentially undesirable victim. He'd cut arteries & vocal chords. Even if E woke up and fought, it would not be for long. Same with X to silence her, but she fought back. He might even have pre-cut duct tape for over the mouths. The police are saying no one was bound and gagged, but did anyone ask about adhesive residue? Or tape left over the mouths?
IMO, I doubt the perp would use the keypad due to fingerprints and perhaps clicking and/or mild beeping sound that would emanate from keypad. The perp pulled off a silent and deadly kill.

THEN Steve, who seems unable to contain himself any longer says “he doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games…” Then he repeats “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Their points of damage don’t match.”
Well, huh. Does he mean that they were killed two different ways? both stabbed, but one strangled to death? Were they all killed on the same floor? That could have been info LE was holding back. I hope that LE gets this sorted...

I haven't seen the recent Fox interview (someone please post!), but from what I've gathered he implied that the second floor victims were the targets and that he didn't have to go up the stairs to kill his daughter and her friend.

My opinion.

fab thank you, that's the one

@avalonisland did you spot the glasses & popcorn in a different set of photos ( I can't see them in the Fox link attached so you could have seen them elsewhere?)

TIA
Eerie photos reveal inside the Idaho quadruple murder house I am not sure what stage in the investigation the photos were taken.The chamagne glasses appear unmoved. The other photo(s) that show dirty dishes and food bag trash seem to be taken after LE took dirty dishes/food trash out of kitchen sink and onto kitchen table. Notice the photo with the stained shoe in the box. I wonder if Ethan was moving in or temp staying there and brought a box of belongings with him?

JMOO, Possibly the perpetrator didn’t own a gun/knew if they bought a a gun
it could be traced back to them/didn’t know any thugs to buy a gun from. JMOO possibly this could have been a planned out, premeditated attack and the perp knew they couldn’t use a gun because the loud noise would draw attention to the house immediately and they wouldn’t be able to get away quick.
Agree. A gun would have awoken the entire neighborhood, much less the house at ~ 3:00am and they are a lot easier to trace if you find the weapon— IMO, someone that has successfully evaded detection for three weeks after this is probably equipped intellectually enough to “find a gun somewhere/somehow” if he desired, I have no doubt.

So, that leads us back to the knife. Maybe he did bring a gun or mock gun for control over the victims if he needed it.

It also leads us back to why would you (not you, but generally speaking) want to kill a house full of people in the middle of the night/morning? And not just maybe the person(s) you’re targeting, but in a different way without a house full of people and very negative variables and risk that come along with that highly risky behavior.

So then, he could have just strangled them. That’s also just as personal and quiet but it takes longer and people really fight against that.

A Ka-Bar style knife is very lethal to a sleeping person, more so than even hands, a blunt object, and way more quiet than a gun: a much more personal in a disgustingly intimate manner for a killer. He could’ve just set the house on fire…

IMO, I wouldn’t at all discount his choice of weapon because of how easy it is to trace or because of the sounds it would make: he had other options and ways to do this and his choice absolutely tells investigators a lot about both his motive(s), and his psychological being and his thoughts at the time. It’s very important and this is an unusual type of crime because of the risk, victims, motive(s), probably his level of intelligence and sophistication, and the manner in which he chose to do it.

Last edited:
He said, and I quote: “Their means of death don’t match.” Lawrence clarified that he’s talking about M and K, which he is. Then Lawrence says back “M and K’s cause of death…it does not match based on the autopsy report.” Both parents answer in the affirmative. Steve says “doesn’t match.”

THEN Steve, who seems unable to contain himself any longer says “he doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games…” Then he repeats “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Their points of damage don’t match.”

I don’t understand what any of that means…but it is a must watch.

"He doesn't have to go up the steps" is said multiple times and it makes me zone in on that comment even more.

Could he possibly be implying that the killer(s) did indeed enter on the 2nd floor, and that they didn't have to go to the 3rd floor to cause harm, so why would their "points of damage" different on the 3rd floor? ( M & K ) - unless one was "targeted" more than the other?

Edit to add: Or to conflict some of what I said "he doesn't have to go up the steps" could also imply that neither M or K was the target - so as usual with this case my head is just going in circles.

He said, and I quote: “Their means of death don’t match.” Lawrence clarified that he’s talking about M and K, which he is. Then Lawrence says back “M and K’s cause of death…it does not match based on the autopsy report.” Both parents answer in the affirmative. Steve says “doesn’t match.”

I don’t understand what any of that means…but it is a must watch.
I haven’t seen the clip, but my preliminary interpretation of the quote is that he’s implying either K or M (not both) were targeted because he knows enough about the nature of both of their fatal injuries to feel one was attacked more viciously than the other. And he is further suggesting the killer would not have bothered going to the 3rd floor if neither K nor M had been personally targeted.

I would guess he is not privy to such sensitive info about X and E (though obviously I don’t know) so his assumption would not exclude the possibility of multiple targets.

We shouldn’t be hearing these details about the victims’ injuries. LE must be livid. And I keep seeing how people focus on the list of people who are being characterized as “cleared“. That’s not at all what LE has written. They wrote that they don’t believe that list of people was involved at this time. That is very vague, very open, and very subject to change. Anyone on that list can easily still be a suspect, and IMO, likely is. Maybe they even want the people to feel like they are in the clear so that they can observe what they do.

At the very end of the Brian Entin video from tonight, after the 3 officials go in the house and close the door, you can see several little pieces of red "evidence tape" on the left side of the door towards the top. I hadn't noticed that before. Potentially someone tried to push the door in? Hmmm
Red tape is always left on an entrances to a house with a crime scene to ensure no one can go in without LE present. It’s a seal that can only be broken by LE to get back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname