ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
SG has all but confirmed that K and M were both killed in the third floor bedroom first. With death times all between 3am and 4am it would make sense that was the case.
He also said " He didn't have to go up" that is open to interpretation. It could easily be assumed that he meant the suspect chose to go up and commit some more acts of violence. I am fairly certain that with the investigation and ME they can come to a conclusion as to an order of things.

All MOO, because the factual things have been linked a million times already and I'm lazy:

1. No, the calls made by K&M were not urgent - they were spread out over half an hour, not 2 minutes. No calls to 991. Family says she often called several times until you picked up.

2. Target - honestly, it might have been any of them, as the information we have is so limited and so conflicting. The locations make me more sus about 3rd floor victims, the timeline about the 2nd floor victims. And a lot connects M&X. Yet, dad hints at K. I personally also still think there was an obvious reason why the PD came out with the target talk right at the start (other than calming people), like one of the kids having a different and graphic outcome, such as being decapitated, mutilated or posed.

3. K&M were super similar - I just don't see that. While some people have stated that, to me, that's a hard no. Sure, they both had bleached blonde hair colour and they both had a very noticeable tan, but that's all. The height, weight, hair shape and facial features are not even remotely similar to me. Anyone who had any an idea who they're going to kill would not mistake one for the other, not even in a dark room when they're fast asleep.

4. Gaps on X&E timeline - being the captain obvious here, but they are a couple. That has been partying that night. It is possible, that some part of that gap is just them being alone to chat about the day, have sex, or get some peace and quiet. I have the impression from social media (inc the tiktok impressions of roommates) that X was somewhat more responsible and a small-crowd person than some others in the house. At the same time, it is very possible that these gaps hide something important, too.

5. Current impression: I still think it was emotional, it was someone at least one of them knew, and it was somewhat planned, but probably not carefully planned. For all we know, any of them might have an ex who kept building up anger for years without them being any the wiser. People can keep that sort of anger for decades, so a pre-college relationship going awry is not impossible. Similarly, the stalker angle and someone being pissed for any reason make sense to me. I don't really see it as a thrill kill and I don't think this sort of a thing would be very likely for a thrill killers first attack - too risky, they'd have more time to plan etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRB
Maybe there was no blood on his paws because the killer took care to close Murphy into a separate room before the rampage.

...possible?? i grant I am not extremely "up" on this entire case, so ignore me if this is going to be entire balderdash on my part.

JMO If the dog was locked up in a room or closet LE would have known. Either from the responding officers or the surviving roommates. LE would have then sent the dog off to get forensically examined since it would mean that the killer physically interacted with the dog thus possibly leaving DNA evidence on him.

The victims were likely a combination of: inebriated, asleep, defenseless, fatigued, and relaxed. The culprit’s physical ability is irrelevant, IMO.
True; what about adrenaline? Remember what Ted Bundy did to the Florida nurses in training?

He was no bruiser; but he did a ton of damage just on sheer rage, and at least one of them was asleep.

The victims were likely a combination of inebriated, asleep, defenseless, fatigued, and relaxed. The culprit’s physical ability is irrelevant. Particularly his. IMO.
From some experience, I am certain that physical stamina and strength were required to do the damage inflicted. This wasn’t like cutting into a watermelon. The human anatomy is built strong, thus as a species we have survived. And to mutilate FOUR people was not the work of anyone without physical characteristics that are visible.

No it has not!! LE has said the dog was found in a part if the house that wasn’t part if the crime scene. That is all we know.

It could have been in a crate in the kitchen. Or anywhere on the first floor. Or in a utility room. Or bathroom. We don’t know all the areas of the house that are considered part of the crime scene but aside from those areas the dog could have been found anywhere in the house.

It bothers me that LE releases their statement, someone hypothesizes that means the dog was found in a bedroom and suddenly it’s treated as fact. This is only one example where LE’s words have been bent or just ignored.

We don’t know where the dog was found

We don’t know Xena and Ethan were drunk.

We don’t know the order of attack

We don’t know who was brutilized the most. Perhaps Kaylee’s injuries were worse than M’s but we don’t know how they compare to E and X’s injuries

Though they probably did, we don’t know the surviving roommates tried to text and call the other roommates. They may have just gone upstairs and seen “something”.

We don’t know what or who they saw.

We don’t know Ethan was found in the hall

etc, etc.

I know it’s almost impossible to keep up with these fast moving threads. But reading LE’s daily updates is more than manageable. And that’s the best way to make sure we’re not mis-stating facts.
replying because i love this post & i hope everyone reads it

No it has not!! LE has said the dog was found in a part if the house that wasn’t part if the crime scene. That is all we know.

It could have been in a crate in the kitchen. Or anywhere on the first floor. Or in a utility room. Or bathroom. We don’t know all the areas of the house that are considered part of the crime scene but aside from those areas the dog could have been found anywhere in the house.

It bothers me that LE releases their statement, someone hypothesizes that means the dog was found in a bedroom and suddenly it’s treated as fact. This is only one example where LE’s words have been bent or just ignored.

We don’t know where the dog was found

We don’t know Xena and Ethan were drunk.

We don’t know the order of attack

We don’t know who was brutilized the most. Perhaps Kaylee’s injuries were worse than M’s but we don’t know how they compare to E and X’s injuries

Though they probably did, we don’t know the surviving roommates tried to text and call the other roommates. They may have just gone upstairs and seen “something”.

We don’t know what or who they saw.

We don’t know Ethan was found in the hall

etc, etc.

I know it’s almost impossible to keep up with these fast moving threads. But reading LE’s daily updates is more than manageable. And that’s the best way to make sure we’re not mis-stating facts.
we also don’t know that the dog is guaranteed to have marched through blood, as others have suggested.

From some experience, I am certain that physical stamina and strength were required to do the damage inflicted. This wasn’t like cutting into a watermelon. The human anatomy is built strong, thus as a species we have survived. And to mutilate FOUR people was not the work of anyone without physical characteristics that are visible.
I don’t know…I tend to agree that with the victims being asleep and possibly inebriated, the element of surprise and a very big, sharp knife, would give even a weak man or a female the upper hand as the perp. Is it really that difficult to fatally stab someone? Just thinking about me accidentally slicing my finger, I think a watermelon is harder to cut into. Entirely MOO

Can someone copy and paste bullet point two under Updated information? It would clarify what LE now wants regarding X and E, that the media has mucked up. My tablet will not allow me to copy and paste this. Thanks in advance!
I'm surprised we don't have five pages of this c/p for you already. :D

• Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred.

I own a doodle. He barks when anyone pulls in my driveway, drives by my house or comes inside. Having said that, once inside a couple pats and he's very friendly. All dogs are different. I don't think breed has anything to do with temperament. I think the dogs upbringing and experiences does and if this dog lived in a party house it would be used to people coming and going and lots of commotion. My guess is he was in the room with Kaylee and Maddy and they likely had the door opened to this room and Kaylee's room so he could go back and forth. I think the dog probably slept in Kaylee's room as that is the room he was used to. The perp could have easily closed the door and kept him inside while he went to the other rooms.

Yes but just to clarify the family said themselves, he would be hiding because he was timid. That wasn't just my guess he was.

I'm confused about the supposed confusion of E and X's whereabouts until about 1:45am. Article linked below states "Police said the couple, both 20 years old, was believed to be at Chapin's frat house from 9 p.m. on Nov. 12 to 1:45 a.m. on Nov. 13." (BBM).

Why are so many on MSM saying LE don't know where they were from 9pm to 1:45am? This reporting seems like they do, but would like more info about what happened at the party during that time?

SOURCE: Idaho police zero in on movements of 2 victims who went to frat house before killings

MOO
Previous versions of timeline placed them at the frat house from 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm then at home at 1:45 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoffeeStan