ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Population Review is generally credible, but for Idaho it looks like someone didn't do their homework and just cut and pasted from somewhere else. Yes, Idaho has gangs. But high rate of violence in every city? bs
Just provided a few (quickie) links in support of another poster's suggestion of the possibility of gang involvement, imo.

Last edited:
It seems to me that, based on the LE claiming he was not involved and has been ruled out, information for the parents only as to the hoodie guy's alibi should not compromise the investigation at all.
Excellent point. Not to mention, we don’t know if the family was informed on details regarding the alibi of other persons and this is the only reluctance they’ve received from LE. Which would create an organic suspicion.

No it has not!! LE has said the dog was found in a part if the house that wasn’t part if the crime scene. That is all we know.

It could have been in a crate in the kitchen. Or anywhere on the first floor. Or in a utility room. Or bathroom. We don’t know all the areas of the house that are considered part of the crime scene but aside from those areas the dog could have been found anywhere in the house.

It bothers me that LE releases their statement, someone hypothesizes that means the dog was found in a bedroom and suddenly it’s treated as fact. This is only one example where LE’s words have been bent or just ignored.

We don’t know where the dog was found

We don’t know Xena and Ethan were drunk.

We don’t know the order of attack

We don’t know who was brutilized the most. Perhaps Kaylee’s injuries were worse than M’s but we don’t know how they compare to E and X’s injuries

Though they probably did, we don’t know the surviving roommates tried to text and call the other roommates. They may have just gone upstairs and seen “something”.

We don’t know what or who they saw.

We don’t know Ethan was found in the hall

etc, etc.

I know it’s almost impossible to keep up with these fast moving threads. But reading LE’s daily updates is more than manageable. And that’s the best way to make sure we’re not mis-stating facts.
You are my hero.

From some experience, I am certain that physical stamina and strength were required to do the damage inflicted. This wasn’t like cutting into a watermelon. The human anatomy is built strong, thus as a species we have survived. And to mutilate FOUR people was not the work of anyone without physical characteristics that are visible.

Do we know that the use of the knife was not a throat slash? The victims were sleeping or just awakened from sleep according to coroner.

The amount of blood seen on the foundation of the house says to me it was a jugular cut (and that portion of the body would likely be visible to an assailant standing over a sleeping person).

What physical characteristics would be visible, in a perp like that? I do believe many people are capable of making a fatal slash if they have planned it. Pretty sure that many women (including middle aged or older) could do it. I don't think a person needs visible musculature to slash a throat.

It seems to me that, based on the LE claiming he was not involved and has been ruled out, information for the parents only as to the hoodie guy's alibi should not compromise the investigation at all.
Except clearly not all the parents are capable of keeping information private. This is a textbook case why LE doesn't tell family about the details of the investigation.

JMO If the dog was locked up in a room or closet LE would have known. Either from the responding officers or the surviving roommates. LE would have then sent the dog off to get forensically examined since it would mean that the killer physically interacted with the dog thus possibly leaving DNA evidence on him.
Excerpt from the latest Moscow Police update-12/05/2022

“There have been numerous requests about the dog found at the residence on the morning of November 13th. Arriving officers entered the residence and found the deceased victims. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene. The dog was taken to Animal Services and released to a responsible person.

While the dog was in the house when officers arrived, it has not been determined where the dog was physically located when the murders took place.”

The link to this release can be found on page 1 of this thread.

These parents are working their way through the 5 stages of grief (see below). It appears that SG has moved into the “anger” phase and without answers from LE he may be stuck there for quite some time. Unfortunately, SG recent behavior of lashing out at LE and openly discussing private details of the investigation provided to him (presumably by LE) early on has likely burned some bridges. Don’t get me wrong, I totally understand the parents frustration with lack of shared information and a slow moving investigation, but I would expect LE will very tight lipped moving forward and all parents will essentially be kept out of the loop. So SG and the other parents may as well go ahead and hire a PI to get answers.

IMO, this investigation could take months, if not years, to solve. LE has thousands of tips to sort through and an arrest will not be made quickly, unless a smoking gun is uncovered. LE will keep information close to the vest so the investigation won’t be compromised.

I think there is a tendency to assume once the FBI gets involved that the investigation will
move quickly. Take a look at the “Katie Janness”
case from July 2021 in Atlanta, Ga where a woman and her dog were brutally stabbed to death at night in a public park. Such a gruesome crime, FBI was consulted immediately. To date, almost 1.5 years later, the investigation continues and very little information has been provided to the public by LE.

FIVE STAGES OF GRIEF:
The five stages of grief model (or the Kübler-Ross model) is popularly known as a model that describes a series of emotions experienced by people who are grieving: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Five stages of grief - Wikipedia

Do we know that the use of the knife was not a throat slash? The victims were sleeping or just awakened from sleep according to coroner.

The amount of blood seen on the foundation of the house says to me it was a jugular cut (and that portion of the body would likely be visible to an assailant standing over a sleeping person).

What physical characteristics would be visible, in a perp like that? I do believe many people are capable of making a fatal slash if they have planned it. Pretty sure that many women (including middle aged or older) could do it. I don't think a person needs visible musculature to slash a throat.
the initial report was they were all injuries to the abdomen. There is so much information that I have not seen anything other they SG significantly more injuries on one of the girls and everyone's assumption is it was his daughter.

Except clearly not all the parents are capable of keeping information private. This is a textbook case why LE doesn't tell family about the details of the investigation.

Yeah, SG sure proved the need to withhold details from family. I don't blame LE for not giving him the information he wants. But I also don't blame SG for desperately wanting that info...

If I was drunk and came home the first thing I would do is probably let the dog out to use the bathroom and then when the dog came back inside I would probably get really close to the dogs face and pet it. I have a hard time believing K and M came home after the bar and just ignored the dog or put the dog in a separate room from themselves. I would guess the killer or someone else placed this dog in the separate room which LE reported on December 5.

IIRC, X's dad said he talked with her on the phone around midnight and she was fine. Wouldn't the location of her phone for that call point to a location..maybe not specific but at least a general area?
LE sure has all phone location data. But before all this grows legs and starts running around: as I said already on thread 14, the "she called her dad at 00.00" is a bit of a strech:
* We do not know if they called or texted or talked on social media
* We do not know if X contacted the dad first or dad contacted X first
* We do not know what time this contact started

We only know that per X-s father as quoted by a journalist (not LE):
“I heard from her I think before we went out,” Kernodle said. “I think midnight was the last time we heard from her and she was fine.” [---] “I have no idea. It doesn’t make sense,” said Kernodle. He says Xana was in constant communication with her family and nothing about that night seemed unusual. (Link)

we also don’t know that the dog is guaranteed to have marched through blood, as others have suggested.
From lastest Moscow Police update released on 12/05/2022:

There have been numerous requests about the dog found at the residence on the morning of November 13th. Arriving officers entered the residence and found the deceased victims. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene. The dog was taken to Animal Services and released to a responsible person.

While the dog was in the house when officers arrived, it has not been determined where the dog was physically located when the murders took place.”

Remembering the hunt for Brian Laundrie and all the crazy publicity Duane Chapman aka Dog the Bounty Hunter brought to the case. I hope Mr. G steers clear of that sort of "PI".
Not to mention the famous ex cop who publicly fingered, on Twitter/YT no less, a completely unrelated man, insisting that he, the ex cop, had rock solid proof that the twitter guy was Brian Laundrie on the lam, doing his social media from the swamp, or was it the App. Trail. And the way that completely innocent guy was harangued by social media warriors as a result of this ex cop/youtuber's irresponsibility. IMO!!

Last edited:
Hopefully that's not a lot of people. That would be horrific, I'm sure.

My assumption (perhaps incorrect..?) is that most of us here have thankfully not experienced something like this. But of course if anyone has and feels comfortable sharing how they personally handled the grief in this context, I'm sure we would care to hear. It seems very personal however.
Had 4 family members shot to death by their neighbor who then after wild shooting at police and through the apt complex turned the gun on himself.
Each of us in the family and sounds awful maybe but we were grateful the killer killed himself right away so we wouldn't have to go through wondering who did it, a long trial, etc etc
Also honestly his suicide helped us in forgiveness more quickly than I'd ever imagined could happen.
I think I knew enough or more about the killer than LE so there was a "reason" in my mind for the killer snapping.

I don’t think three weeks is that long considering the number of victims and size of the crime scene. I believe LE isn’t just gathering the evidence to prove who is the suspect (I think they have a suspect in mind), but also gathering evidence to prove who didn’t do it so that a good defence lawyer doesn’t throw up a bunch of alternatives or claim LE had tunnel vision. JMO.

If I was drunk and came home the first thing I would do is probably let the dog out to use the bathroom and then when the dog came back inside I would probably get really close to the dogs face and pet it. I have a hard time believing K and M came home after the bar and just ignored the dog or put the dog in a separate room from themselves. I would guess the killer or someone else placed this dog in the separate room which LE reported on December 5.
Good point I would most likely let the dog out so I don't have to clean up a mess later. Did they go out with the dog, let it out and wait a few minutes to let it back in was the door unlocked and anyone following them could have got in. Did they forget to lock a door. So much to consider here. I have not read all the posts but did they release any information of how they got in or out and if they were on foot or possibly a vehicle?

Thats so sad!

Im wondering if thats why he was locked up. I used to lock mine in a room away from the commotion when I had people over in college too.

I obviously don't know, but my first thought was that he probably sleeps in a kennel and the most likely location of that kennel would be K's room. I believe they were sleeping in M's room according to SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1