ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the PI he hired has an 87% success rate. I like this decision on his part. Some don't but as we saw in the Delphi case, things can get overlooked that costs a swift apprehension.
I’m Sure SG Is upset Its only natural, I would be Too If It Were My daughter, But All this blame And pressure being Aimed At LE Is A little unfair, They Only want To catch this Perp And If They’re not releasing specific information There Has To Be A good reason For It, And I mean no offense To The Goncalves family But Some of the information giving To them Probably wasn’t meant for the public And Was released By family members This Is prob the reason LE isn’t telling the families much these days, All Will Be Forgotten Once This Mass killer is Caught, And Maybe We’ll All understand The reasons for not releasing certain information That doesn’t seem important JMO

I think that the man probably lives in Moscow or somewhere not far from it, but he is a serial killer in the making, just the one attending school. He probably is very well fitting into the Uni atmosphere. Likewise, he could live slightly farther and visit Idaho to hunt, but it is less likely.

I am beginning to think that he killed four people because he needed four. Or three but overkilled. That he thinks in numbers. Maybe he chose who to kill looking at their photos posted on SM.

Which means that there is another prior case somewhere around, with similar MO but either one person, if he planned to kill three this time, or two if he goes by even numbers.
Because he absolutely had the house to himself.

Last edited:
I was just reading this site out of curiosity.

“When someone has been stabbed in the lungs they cannot yell or scream in warning to others. If you are trying to take out a sentry, the lungs make a good primary target to allow you to set up a second strike.”

Is it possible to make a list of "Doesn't make sense items"? I know it would be pages long but a few that stand out to me:

1. X & E missing timeline of 4 hours?
2. Why has the dance that was released by E's family not listed on timeline?
3. How did roommates not see blood? If they were in two beds, blood would definitely make it under a door?
4. Why couldn't the roommates open the doors? They didn't know one another code to enter but the killer did?
5. How could Murphy (I know, I know) be in an area not considered the crime scene unless he was with the roommates downstairs?
6. How did neighbors surveillance catch them coming home (K&M) at 1:56, letting the dog out and locking the door if they didn't do it from the lower level where the two unharmed roommates were? The footage didn't capture either slider or window on the back.
7. How is there NO blood trail anywhere outside the home?
8. Did J ever call K or M back when he awoke?
9. Has there been confirmation of a fight that night with E and another at the Sigma Chi party?

I'm sure I've missed 100's but this is a start!

I don't understand this geography. Idaho is on the west coast next to California. What am I missing?
Idaho has Rocky Mountains going through it (N/S), and my hunting husband is from central California lol, he had to drive to the mountains to the east to mountains for big game, but lifelong passion for him. The flat part for crops in Cali is towards the Pacific, alot of the east border is mountains. I wonder if topographical maps are available online, that might help?

Idaho borders Wa And Ore to The West, Montana To The East And I believe Utah And Nev To the south, It doesn’t connect With Ca
Sorry- to me “next to” means close to or in same part of country.

I Would Think FBI Is directing This Investigation, And State police, No offense To MPD but They’re Amatuers In This Arena, It’s A small town This Is By far The biggest Investigation They Will ever See in Their lifetimes, So it makes sense To leave it To The expertise Of The FBI And Maybe The state police, but Someone Has To be Directing this investigation And need To make Sure EGOs are kept in check, It seems like We hear A lot of EGOs And differant departments butting heads, Now Isn’t The time, Everyone needs to work Together and leave the EGos At Home, It seems like This happens quite Abit In Small towns when Something big happens
Chief Fry is officially in charge, the State Police and FBI are assisting.
Fry doesn’t lose his jurisdiction by bringing in outside investigative resources.
How much he listens and defers to their expertise we have no way of knowing.

House for rent: "Fabulous location right next to campus" - Fabulous location right next to campus! - House for Rent in Moscow, ID | Apartments.com

I found this listing for the house at 1122 King Road in Moscow, ID on Apartments.com. According to the listing, it was posted TWO WEEKS AGO. I didn't know if that was the posting date or not so I checked out more listings in Moscow to see what their dates were and they were listed as today or two weeks ago or whenever.

Do you think somebody posted the house for rent TWO WEEKS ago as a SICK JOKE or do you think it's real?
I think you need to pay a hefty fee to advertise your apt. on apartment.com. It would be an expensive prank, I think.

ETA___Just been corrected....guess it's free in some areas.

Last edited:
What is a "Rambo Knife" exactly?
I thought LEO identified the knife as a KA-BAR brand USMC-issued style knife?
I have a KA-BAR USMC knife... no serrations but a top swedge... "Rambo knife" is such a non-specific identifier.
To my knowledge, the exact brand of knife had not been identified. There was an initial report that LE was inquiring in stores about recent purchases of a ka-bar style, Rambo type knife. Imo, they were just looking for any recent purchases of a large fixed blade knife because there are a lot of knives that are shaped like a ka-bar, but are fixed blade and not ka-bar.

A large fixed blade knife can cover a lot of types of knives, some of which resemble some type of ka-bar.

looks like the PI he hired has an 87% success rate. I like this decision on his part. Some don't but as we saw in the Delphi case, things can get overlooked that costs a swift apprehension.
I absolutely would have done the same- just for my own peace of mind- knowing I tried to do everything I could - and as a second opinion/backup “just in case”. I can’t even imagine how helpless the parents must feel. Truly would be the most awful thing I could ever imagine happening to me. I feel for them.

I’m Sure SG Is upset Its only natural, I would be Too If It Were My daughter, But All this blame And pressure being Aimed At LE Is A little unfair, They Only want To catch this Perp And If They’re not releasing specific information There Has To Be A good reason For It, And I mean no offense To The Goncalves family But Some of the information giving To them Probably wasn’t meant for the public And Was released By family members This Is prob the reason LE isn’t telling the families much these days, All Will Be Forgotten Once This Mass killer is Caught, And Maybe We’ll All understand The reasons for not releasing certain information That doesn’t seem important JMO

Well, I think he has given them praise for trying to do their best. I think he is just looking for answers that he's just not getting from LE (like you said, for good reason). It's up to him to keep whatever info he gets from the PI, close to the vest.

I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. If he has the means to do it and get a guy with an 87% success rate then it's better to do it now rather than months later.

House for rent: "Fabulous location right next to campus" - Fabulous location right next to campus! - House for Rent in Moscow, ID | Apartments.com

I found this listing for the house at 1122 King Road in Moscow, ID on Apartments.com. According to the listing, it was posted TWO WEEKS AGO. I didn't know if that was the posting date or not so I checked out more listings in Moscow to see what their dates were and they were listed as today or two weeks ago or whenever.

Do you think somebody posted the house for rent TWO WEEKS ago as a SICK JOKE or do you think it's real?
Sick joke or the property management company was planning to list it, it was in an administrator’s inbox for a week or two and they didn’t make the connection and placed the ad. Either way, it’s not for rent anymore.

Assuming the the ad is real (or would have been before the murders) it’s interesting that they’re advertising the whole house. The sixth roommate on the lease never moved in and Kaylee was leaving at the end of the semester so it would make sense for current tenants to be advertising for roommates. But unless the lease was up mid school-year (which would be fairly unusual) it looks like someone may be planning to break the lease. Could be the landlord was going to evict because rents weren’t paid or lease terms were violated (upkeep, noise, pets, smoking, etc). Or perhaps the tenants were trying to sublet it because they wanted out.

As a tenant breaking a lease is pricey but possibly worth it if you don’t like the new roommates who might be moving in. Ironically, now that the house is a crime scene and bio hazard the lease isn’t an issue.

I think you need to pay a hefty fee to advertise your apt. on apartment.com. It would be an expensive prank, I think.

!! Surely it should state something acknowledging its recent history, especially given that the whole world would probably recognise it!

Probably an automated renewal.
Listing doesn’t equal availability.
Every listing will stay on a site whether it’s currently occupied or not unless the owner removes it. He may be busy and hasn’t removed his listings from all the sites yet.
Click on “check availability” directly below the opening photo.

Well, I think he has given them praise for trying to do their best. I think he is just looking for answers that he's just not getting from LE (like you said, for good reason). It's up to him to keep whatever info he gets from the PI, close to the vest.

I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. If he has the means to do it and get a guy with an 87% success rate then it's better to do it now rather than months later.
Agree. And I assume LE really shouldn’t tell anyone including family anything they don’t want out to public. From LE perspective, I would think anyone could be potentially involved- including family so they shouldn’t release anything they did not want to go to public or PI, etc. I feel positive family is not involved but I would think LE would know we live in a world where no one can keep secrets and could even unintentionally slip up. Jmo

Idaho has Rocky Mountains going through it (N/S), and my hunting husband is from central California lol, he had to drive to the mountains to the east to mountains for big game, but lifelong passion for him. The flat part for crops in Cali is towards the Pacific, alot of the east border is mountains. I wonder if topographical maps are available online, that might help?
I'm from the PNW, Olympics. I was trying to figure out what the OP meant, as it was obviously an error, re idaho being on the coast. But I didn't use quotes so it looked like I myself was making the statement of fact.

I'm from the PNW, Olympics. I was trying to figure out what the OP meant, as it was obviously an error, re idaho being on the coast. But I didn't use quotes so it looked like I myself was making the statement of fact.
No worries, I understood what happened after I read further, should I delete my post?

As far as I know, it’s free to list a property on that website.
Really? I paid a hefty fee for my daughter to join apartment.com to get latest listings. I assumed both sides were lying fees. This was in Santa Monica, Ca---maybe they charge there because it is so hard to find places to rent?

Maybe, but it seemed more like they want to know who E & X may have talked to, interacted with in any way (face to face, via text, etc). Seems like they know where E & X were, when they were there, and generally what they were doing, but are now looking for any sort of interaction or event they're unaware of. I just can't imagine they don't have X & E's cell phone data yet, assuming they do, they know who they called, who they texted, what they said, and where they were and for how long...

It almost seems like LE is looking for something almost random (probably wrong word but best i can do atm), seemingly innocuous or innocent anything that could connect X & E or the house to the killer because they haven't been able to identify anything related to K & M.

I think they have a much more specific footprint of K & M's night than they have for X & E, probably because K & M were places with cameras (the food truck, the bar, cameras in businesses and on houses that K & M may have passed to and from places, etc). Because X & E were at a frat party, then home, then quick food run, they have a lot less specifics and a lot less camera footage.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but when I saw the direct statements about X & E's timeline gaps, my heart sunk, because it just seems like they thought they were going to find something with K & M and haven't and now need minutia on the two other potential targets.
Maybe, but it seemed more like they want to know who E & X may have talked to, interacted with in any way (face to face, via text, etc). Seems like they know where E & X were, when they were there, and generally what they were doing, but are now looking for any sort of interaction or event they're unaware of. I just can't imagine they don't have X & E's cell phone data yet, assuming they do, they know who they called, who they texted, what they said, and where they were and for how long...

It almost seems like LE is looking for something almost random (probably wrong word but best i can do atm), seemingly innocuous or innocent anything that could connect X & E or the house to the killer because they haven't been able to identify anything related to K & M.

I think they have a much more specific footprint of K & M's night than they have for X & E, probably because K & M were places with cameras (the food truck, the bar, cameras in businesses and on houses that K & M may have passed to and from places, etc). Because X & E were at a frat party, then home, then quick food run, they have a lot less specifics and a lot less camera footage.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but when I saw the direct statements about X & E's timeline gaps, my heart sunk, because it just seems like they thought they were going to find something with K & M and haven't and now need minutia on the two other potential targets.
Is it possible that LE does not have X &/or E's cellphone? If that's the case - wonder why?

Imo, the killer used some kind of lighting, maybe, their phone or a torch with a flat base, both pointing to the ceiling, giving the killer enough light to see his victims without them waking.

If he were in total darkness, there'd be multiple knife piercings in the beds, blankets, pillows and bed frame, as they'd miss their target.
The killer could have turned a lamp or bedroom light on, but I doubt it.

In the Villisca unsolved murders from over 100 years ago, there was evidence of candle wax on the floor at the end of the beds, I've theorised this to be the same in this case but with today's tools and technology.

Unlike Villisca, I'm confident this will be solved.

Jmo
Maybe some of the students wore sleepmasks & the murderer was aware of that - somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member